Sandy Coach and Saints Asst Jake Batchelor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints58
Club Player

Re: Sandy Coach and Saints Asst Jake Batchelor

Would they move Harvey to Sandy as coach and get a new forwards coach into the Saints

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints58 wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2024 4:19pm Would they move Harvey to Sandy as coach and get a new forwards coach into the Saints
ahh....no.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

He was definitely moved on...heard on SEN that RTB & Mission did end of season with him & his 2025 plan was underwhelming, Mission tapped him on the shoulder the very next day. That's what SEN chatter said.
You'd think you would know after all these years RTB is a plan/strategy freak. He may not always be able to deploy his own but he demands it from his staff.

His 5 years St Kilda plan supposedly blew the boards hair back and booted Ratts to the alley.

Even if I was invited for a cuppa with RTB I'd have a 3 point plan on getting the coffee done.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Saints58 wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2024 4:19pm Would they move Harvey to Sandy as coach and get a new forwards coach into the Saints
Your Honour, I present the following pieces of evidence
Exhibit A
Our win against Injectors
Ex B
Our win vs Shitney
Ex C
Win vs Cats
Ex D
Win vs Bluebaggers

I present these as proof positive that Harves has improved the F50 strategies and cohesion.
Also the Rd 2 win vs The Filth

Harves is now a damned good forwards coach and will lead our attack to glory

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sanctorum
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2024 2:28am
Your Honour, I present the following pieces of evidence
Exhibit A
Our win against Injectors
Ex B
Our win vs Shitney
Ex C
Win vs Cats
Ex D
Win vs Bluebaggers

I present these as proof positive that Harves has improved the F50 strategies and cohesion.
Also the Rd 2 win vs The Filth

Harves is now a damned good forwards coach and will lead our attack to glory
That's correct, but it ignores the reality that the team's forward line and strategies failed so badly with Max King in the mix.

It is generally agreed that King would be better deployed at CHF than FF, yet this has only rarely been tried...I would have thought a forwards coach who knows his onions would have done done this a lot more this year.

I recognise Harvey is revered as one of the club's best players of all time, but in general I have never been in favour of former champions returning in coaching roles at their old clubs. Yes, Sam Mitchell is working out well but Hawthorn has a strong record of success, St Kilda does not....different kettles of fish!

"Where there is no hope, it is incumbent on us to invent it.."

Albert Camus (1913-1960) French philospher
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the forward line’s functionality is related to the midfield getting smoked?

SteeleSaints
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2024 7:37pm He was definitely moved on...heard on SEN that RTB & Mission did end of season with him & his 2025 plan was underwhelming, Mission tapped him on the shoulder the very next day. That's what SEN chatter said.
You'd think you would know after all these years RTB is a plan/strategy freak. He may not always be able to deploy his own but he demands it from his staff.

His 5 years St Kilda plan supposedly blew the boards hair back and booted Ratts to the alley.

Even if I was invited for a cuppa with RTB I'd have a 3 point plan on getting the coffee done.
Hopefully its also the club recognising that our VFL side no matter what format has to improve. Both St kilda and Sandringham are to blame but there is no way playing in a losing team is the best developmental environment for our kids. Both have to lift their game and get decent Sandringham top up players and maintain them. Frankston were made up of half ex Sandi players this year and they had a realitively successful year playing finals. Sandringham were non competitive for far too much of the year.

Over the years St Kilda's rubbish list management hasnt helped, but Sandringam haven't been holding their end of the deal either. As example if Sandringham were a half decently ran club they would be signing Seb Ross and other worthy delisted players to their list now.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Batchelor now Richmond's VFL coach.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1662 ... chmond-vfl

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham is StK

We have complete control (maybe that’s the issue?)

Zebs live and die by StK player availability - and the draw

A number of times 3 emergencies had to held over for AFL fixtured after the VFL game

B.M
Saintsational Legend

NDS

VFL?

Lenny
VFL?

Harvey
VFL?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

SteeleSaints wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2024 11:47pm As example if Sandringham were a half decently ran club they would be signing Seb Ross and other worthy delisted players to their list now.
With what money?

The northern clubs and non-affiliated VFL teams seem to have unlimited cash to pay whilst the AFL (victorian) affiliated teams are top ups and ammos.

Saints58
Club Player

Is it time we break the affiliation with sandy and put in a Saints VFL team I know it coast money but it would be a better option then playing and training at a different ground to RESA park.
Continuity would be better and the VFL players would benefit by training with the AFL guys and the Coaches both training sessions