Lukosius

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Lukosius

Seems Gold Coast is happy for Lukosius to go elsewhere probably Adelaide

But what about a straight swap for Max King.
Max would love to join his brother and relieve Saints fans of their frustrations.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lukosius

ace wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2024 6:19pm Seems Gold Coast is happy for Lukosius to go elsewhere probably Adelaide

But what about a straight swap for Max King.
Max would love to join his brother and relieve Saints fans of their frustrations.
Lukosius is a much better kicker of the footy.

I was going to balance that by mentioning one of Max's better traits, but i've forgotten what he's good at.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
diddley
Club Player

I’m actually a big fan of going for Lukosius.
His salary would be massive for 2 years, as his contract was backended, but it may mean we could get him for less.
GC need points for next year I hear.
Future 2nd (let’s face it, future 1st) plus take on his salary.
I’m sold. I think it would be a bargain.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I find this Hillary's Arse.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Max got injured and Ross said he needed time away from club to get his head right.

Hang on...Windy, Crouch, Henry, Hayes this year have done rehab at RSEA Park? Right?
And last year, Wood broke collarbone vs Pies, Hayes and him were at the club doing rehab, yeah?

So Max has had enough?
Let him go to Suns then. No more pressure for him

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Killa
Club Player

Not what we need

And to swap for King!!!!!!!!!

Killa
Club Player

Different injuries and different circumstances

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

You all have gone mad wanting to trade king. You don’t trade max king.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Soft

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2024 11:11pmSoft
Is that why Dim Sim doesn't like him ?

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
lefty
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2024 8:15pm Max got injured and Ross said he needed time away from club to get his head right.

Hang on...Windy, Crouch, Henry, Hayes this year have done rehab at RSEA Park? Right?
And last year, Wood broke collarbone vs Pies, Hayes and him were at the club doing rehab, yeah?

So Max has had enough?
Let him go to Suns then. No more pressure for him
Comparing an ACL and Shoulder Reco to a Collarbone and Hamstring? Come on mate.

It takes a while to gain confidence and to be pain free from those major injuries.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Moot post. Lukosius is from Adelaide and will head home with bags filled with cash. Key forwards take years to develop and King will improve over time. He needs to work on his craft for sure but we should kick the ball to him every single time. He has no chance when double teamed

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2024 4:44pm Key forwards take years to develop and King will improve over time. He needs to work on his craft for sure but we should not kick the ball to him every single time. He has no chance when double teamed
FTFY

OMFG

He is NOT Reiwoldt - might be - but not now.

Imagine this kid as a 2nd fiddle to Hawkins, Hogan McKay et al - he would be killing it and breaking hearts all over the place.

He is currently the #1 target up front for us - because he is so good - but the opposition know this and focus 2 or 3 players on him. We are so stupid not to use the spares this creates.

People are pointing to how well the forward line functions when he is not there - is that his fault or the fault of the midfielders who see that he has 3 players on him and still dump it on his head.

The solution is simples.

4 spots in the forward 50 - if you are running towards 50 - kick it there - if a forward does not get into the hole - it is their fault - kick it to where you need the forward to be - not where he currently is. Let the kid lead - if he leads out too far - bomb it OVER his head for a chaos ball.

McCartin, Bruce, King - all not ready when first drafted to be the Number 1 banana - but of course - St Kilda needed them to be - so step up big fella - do a job you are not yet grown into!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2024 6:26pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2024 4:44pm Key forwards take years to develop and King will improve over time. He needs to work on his craft for sure but we should not kick the ball to him every single time. He has no chance when double teamed
FTFY

OMFG

Imagine this kid as a 2nd fiddle to Hawkins, Hogan McKay et al - he would be killing it and breaking hearts all over the place.

He is currently the #1 target up front for us - because he is so good - but the opposition know this and focus 2 or 3 players on him. We are so stupid not to use the spares this creates.

People are pointing to how well the forward line functions when he is not there - is that his fault or the fault of the midfielders who see that he has 3 players on him and still dump it on his head.

The solution is simples.

4 spots in the forward 50 - if you are running towards 50 - kick it there - if a forward does not get into the hole - it is their fault - kick it to where you need the forward to be - not where he currently is. Let the kid lead - if he leads out too far - bomb it OVER his head for a chaos ball.

McCartin, Bruce, King - all not ready when first drafted to be the Number 1 banana - but of course - St Kilda needed them to be - so step up big fella - do a job you are not yet grown into!!!
I agree we lacked on field mentors for King. But with his 6th season approaching when do we stop patting him on the poo poo and ask him to play the fecking role? The answer is...he can not.

Either one or parts of all...his mindset, attitude, his body ( he HAS missed half the season in 2022 & 2023) keep him performing far below expectations.

But hey, he will magically gain skills and fix his psychology and his body wont keep breaking down and he will lead to ball ( let him lead? You think Ross chains him into a spot? HE chooses not to lead) and actually kick goals not behinds...just wait and see. He just needed 5 YEARS to settle in...

People like to use Tom Hawkins as a "guide" to late bloomers. The issue is they are 2 opposites in style & physique.
Tom was dropped multiple times in his first 5 years to the VFL but we are too afraid Max will crumple, he's that fragile, if we dropped him for lousy form.

Hawkins, like King had early injury. Hawkins was out of shape ( overweight / lacked fitness) according to Geelong and dropped to VFL. He had skill issues, drop to VFL.
He was recovering from injury...run through VFL. Not us, Max would cry and leave so we stick him in the forward line and just leave him even when he doesnt deserve it and send a big message to players & fans ( we dont GAF about our integrity) and we pray he kicks 1 or 2.
Last edited by SAINT-LEE on Fri 06 Sep 2024 8:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2024 7:56pm
FTFY

OMFG

The solution is simples.

I agree we lacked on field mentors for King. But with his 6th season approaching when do we stop patting him on the poo poo and ask him to play the fecking role? The answer is...he can not.

Either one or parts of all...his mindset, attitude, his body ( he HAS missed half the season in 2022 & 2023) keep him performing far below expectations.

But hey, he will magically gain skills and fix his psychology and his body wont kep breaking down and he will lead to ball ( let him lead? You think Ross chains himnto a spot? HE chooses not to lead) and actually kick goals not behinds...just wait and see. He just needed 5 YEARS to settle in...
We set him up to fail due to the clubs well known history of Messiah worshipping. The club should never have given him number 12

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2024 7:56pm .... let him lead? You think Ross chains him into a spot? HE chooses not to leadut our integrity) and we pray he kicks 1 or 2.
Or he is so pissed at the ball being kicked at him - not to his advantage????

I do not know the inner workings - but I do see that even when he leads it is dumped ON HIS HEAD giving the defenders MAXIMUM advantage.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
St Dave
Club Player

FTFY

OMFG

The solution is simples.

But hey, he will magically gain skills and fix his psychology and his body wont keep breaking down and he will lead to ball ( let him lead? You think Ross chains him into a spot? HE chooses not to lead) and actually kick goals not behinds...just wait and see. He just needed 5 YEARS to settle in...

People like to use Tom Hawkins as a "guide" to late bloomers. The issue is they are 2 opposites in style & physique.
Tom was dropped multiple times in his first 5 years to the VFL but we are too afraid Max will crumple, he's that fragile, if we dropped him for lousy form.

Hawkins, like King had early injury. Hawkins was out of shape ( overweight / lacked fitness) according to Geelong and dropped to VFL. He had skill issues, drop to VFL.
He was recovering from injury...run through VFL. Not us, Max would cry and leave so we stick him in the forward line and just leave him even when he doesnt deserve it and send a big message to players & fans ( we dont GAF about our integrity) and we pray he kicks 1 or 2.
He was improving his average goals per game in every season until 2024 (1.22 - 1.9 - 2.36 - 2.55 - 1.58).

In his last "full" season (2022) he kicked 52 goals (the most goals a Saint has kicked in a season since Milne kicked 56 in 2012) and was 12 goals off the Coleman. Not 5 years to settle in, he was almost there in 3.

In 2023 he missed basically the first half of the year and came back for a slightly interrupted second half and was still only 7 goals off being our leading goal kicker for the year (he kicked 28 in 11 games vs Higgins who kicked 35).

All of the above is playing on front of our average midfield too.

He has had one bad year and it is clouding your perception. A year where he only played 12 games and he was only really bad in 8 of them.

I don't understand the level of vitriol for a young player who was playing well until he had a few injuries. Let him get himself right and come back to kick him if he has a poor 18+ games next year.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

Yes King has been disappointing for a number of reasons including injury.

But trading him unless it was a ridiculous deal like 2 X top ten picks or the year before FA if we were certain he was going, could bite us right on the arse.

He is big, athletic, kicks it a long way and can take a contested grab.

IF it comes together, he could be an absolute force of the competition.
He may not, but he still has time and I'm still backing him in to be a gun.

Sinclair was not a physical player in his first 4 or 5 seasons and as recently as 2020 was playing reserves.
Now he is an absolute jet of the competition.

Wilkie was 23 when drafted.
Marshall did not become a regular senior player until he was nearly 24.

I have not given up on King fulfilling his potential from 2025 and beyond.

Don't forget how drafting Phillipou was a bust early this season, now he's perhaps our #1 mid going into season 25.

If OASIS can reform in 2025, so can King and the Saints!

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I dont WANT to trade King but if we had an insane offer we should consider it. But I think we couldn't float the idea and not follow through because King would crumple mentally knowing we were considering it.

I think he goes to ruck 50/50 or defense. The CHF cant work as he doesnt run, he doesnt lead, he sits and waits to be outnumbered.

This could be lack of cofidence in his body, it could be psychological...neither are uncommon or unlikely. But if it doesnt change he has to be traded or moved to a new role.

If he's injured for 1/2 a season for the 3rd year running or fails to rise above whatever issues how is that differrent to any player player that did well but now is flailing?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I just think Max needs to lift his work rate. Get fitter. Get stronger. Do what Joe Daniher, Harry McKay and Peter Wright do...they play in the ruck

Peter Wright had his best year of his career at age 26. He won Essendon's best and fairest in 2022.

Goals per game between Wright and King in 2022 was identical.

Max had more scoring shots (and therefore more misses) so Wright is a better kick for goal ...and he plays in the ruck

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 022&type=A

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

f*** Joe Daniher is just a dumb human being. Peter Wright is too soft, heaps of potential though. And so a dumb footballer. Harry McKay is pretty good but King could easily s*** over those. He just needs time to get over his injuries. In 2 years he will be the most dominant player in the AFL.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 6:27pm f*** Joe Daniher is just a dumb human being.
You don't draft players or recruit them for their brains or intellectual abilities

Joe Daniher has the same goals per game as Max King over his whole career, but Joe had an outstanding 2017

Daniher was an All Australian in 2017 and won a best and fairest that year. Would love it if King could produce a year equal to that

Over his career Daniher has been inconsistent but he's a very important cog in a very talented team. That's hopefully what we get with Max. I'm certainly not expecting Macx to be a star full Forward

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 017&type=A

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 8:11pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 6:27pm f*** Joe Daniher is just a dumb human being.
You don't draft players or recruit them for their brains or intellectual abilities

Joe Daniher has the same goals per game as Max King over his whole career, but Joe had an outstanding 2017

Daniher was an All Australian in 2017 and won a best and fairest that year. Would love it if King could produce a year equal to that

Over his career Daniher has been inconsistent but he's a very important cog in a very talented team. That's hopefully what we get with Max. I'm certainly not expecting Macx to be a star full Forward

If he's within 50, Daniher will always have the shot. Not much of a team player, he just burns his team mates. The guy is 6'8 and athletically gifted but not too sharp, otherwise he'd just about be the best player the AFL.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 8:11pm

If he's within 50, Daniher will always have the shot. Not much of a team player, he just burns his team mates. The guy is 6'8 and athletically gifted but not too sharp, otherwise he'd just about be the best player the AFL.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

FTFY

OMFG

Of all the words to leave out of my post :oops: I did mean to say "not" as per my following comment about him being double teamed