Who can we get

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who can we get

If we give up anything of value for Peatling I’ll be filthy

Banger9798
SS Life Member

SteeleSaints wrote: Fri 16 Aug 2024 2:02am
Banger9798 wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2024 11:02pm
B.M wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2024 10:51pm Like to know when our dynasty is going to be?
Can’t wait for that!!!
Between 2026-2031 we will win two flags and lose one
I have spoken!
Thank god for that I was worried I might never see a win. Honestly I dont know what Id do if we did win one, probably have a heart attack and die 2 minutes before the final siren. At least I would die happy!
We're all round to Big Marts house for a piss up

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2024 10:51pm Like to know when our dynasty is going to be?
Can’t wait for that!!!
I have spoken!
Thank god for that I was worried I might never see a win. Honestly I dont know what Id do if we did win one, probably have a heart attack and die 2 minutes before the final siren. At least I would die happy!
That would be unfortunate because we could only win in the last 30s

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 16 Aug 2024 4:15pm
Can’t wait for that!!!
I have spoken!
We're all round to Big Marts house for a piss up
AeonFlux wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2024 11:32pm
And that will include an all-you-can-drink bar tab funded by Vortemortex. Oh, wait... :|
PLUS another $10K for food catering :mrgreen:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

If we win a flag in the next couple of years I will gladly spring for a keg....or two.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

It’s funny there’s people here saying don’t take a chance on Hobbs are the same ones who doubted NWM when we took him over Hobbs. You know who you are.

He’s not bad. Just not properly developed. He’s a good in and under player. But I agree that I midfield will be terrible if we have a Hobbs, Steele and Hunter all in there.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Can’t wait for that!!!
I have spoken!
Not if you are the jinx and after your untimely demise we kick 5 goals in five minutes to stage an amazing comeback to win by a point :D :D

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 16 Aug 2024 1:14pm Credit to Saints recruiters for picking Nas and Mathias.

Suck s*** Essendon
I still bring this up every time to my Essendon colleagues at work.

I think we went NWM and they had the pick after us and went Hobbs. I remember a few on here had a meltdown that we picked an outside mid with go home factor over an inside mid.

Then they went Tsatas over Phillipou and now the kid haunts them in his sleep.

All of them say how bad Hobbs is and that Elijah isn’t ready for AFL footy. I’m like you haven’t developed them both properly at all.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 10:34am
SaintPav wrote: Fri 16 Aug 2024 1:14pm Credit to Saints recruiters for picking Nas and Mathias.

Suck s*** Essendon

I think we went NWM and they had the pick after us and went Hobbs. I remember a few on here had a meltdown that we picked an outside mid with go home factor over an inside mid.

All of them say how bad Hobbs is and that Elijah isn’t ready for AFL footy. I’m like you haven’t developed them both properly at all.
I followed that draft really closely.

Very few had us taking NWM. Most had him going to Essendon 2 picks after hours, a lot of the draft followers had him going even after that.

Many hopes that Amiss would slip down to our pick otherwise the 4 that went around NWM were all the names floated to us… Gibcus, Eramus, Chesser, Hobbs and Sinn, the later of which was pbly the rumoured odds on favourite.

Close to the steal of that draft.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 10:46am
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 10:34am

Suck s*** Essendon

I followed that draft really closely.

Very few had us taking NWM. Most had him going to Essendon 2 picks after hours, a lot of the draft followers had him going even after that.

Many hopes that Amiss would slip down to our pick otherwise the 4 that went around NWM were all the names floated to us… Gibcus, Eramus, Chesser, Hobbs and Sinn, the later of which was pbly the rumoured odds on favourite.

Close to the steal of that draft.
There's been quality available with indigenous draftees, but the number of individuals drafted with indigenous heritage is apparently decreasing across the AFL.

We seem to be a club that has gone against that trend. The most recent guys have been NWM, Keeler and Liam Henry and Lance Collard.

We started an active program of getting them into our club back in 2015 with Gresh. Then in 2017 we tried Matty Parker and Robbie Young...then 2 years later we brought in quality senior indigenous men with Paddy Ryder and Bradley Hill.

I think the dividends will start to pay off for our forward thinking....but y'know how it is...most of these things take a while to bear fruit

https://www.saintsational.net/viewtopic ... 0#p1623780

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I thought most mock drafts had us taking Nas?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Btw
I was on Sinn

So glad I wasn’t making the call!!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sinn’s stats not looking great so far.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/playe ... statistics
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 18 Aug 2024 11:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Been injured constantly

But not a patch on Nas

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 9:39pm I thought most mock drafts had us taking Nas?
Some did for sure but the majority had him going a few picks later. I was quite shocked at the time as he climbed positions (based on expectations) so I was interested to know just how highly we rated him. My impression was that internally we might have had him a bit higher than people really thought but it would be interesting to know which of the top 10 we had ahead of him…

It’s a very weird draft that one.

Top 5 or so incredible… then it’s actually a minefield around our pick (currently) and some later quality.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

On the main topic…

My strategy would be looking to raid the teams that aren’t very happy and look to be going nowhere. Wins like the one vs Geelong make us look appealing and the future seems okay currently.

North
Adelaide
Goldcoast
Richmond

Maybe Essendon too

If Freo fail… they have some guns I’d be interested in sussing out

That’s where I’d seek out my diamonds.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

2021 Phantom Draft - No.11 - St Kilda
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

POS: Midfielder
Ht 187cm, Wt 71kg, DOB 22/2/03
From Glenelg/South Australia

Is this the silk the Saints are searching for? There's been a group of clubs clamouring for Wanganeen-Milera at the midpoint of the first round who are all keen on the classy wingman, who is the best kick in the draft. It is easy to see why when watching the Glenelg talent: he has poise, precise skills and can step around opponents and make them look silly. The nephew of Essendon and Port Adelaide great Gavin plays on the wing but might start his career providing run off half-back too. St Kilda would look closely at Wanganeen-Milera if he's still available.

If not him? If Josh Gibcus was still on the board the Saints would have to consider strongly, while Ben Hobbs would also be hard to pass up. Josh Goater is another contender for the Saints' spot.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

PICK 11 – ST KILDA: NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA

Position: Wing

Size: 187cm, 71kg

Club: Glenelg/Marion/South Australia

AFL player comparison: Paul Seedsman

As his surname suggests, the South Australian has a great footy pedigree, being the nephew of Essendon and Port Adelaide champion Gavin Wanganeen and the son of Terry Milera, who played 30 games for the Saints last decade. A smooth mover that makes good decisions by foot, Wanganeen-Milera seemed to improve with every game he played in 2021 as he showed off his excellent kicking skills and ability to link teammates between the arcs. Some members of St Kilda’s recruiting team flew to Adelaide on Tuesday where it’s understood they met with Wanganeen-Milera.

In the mix: St Kilda really needs a key defender after the departures of Jake Carlisle, Oscar Clavarino, James Frawley and Dylan Roberton — and Josh Gibcus could be the answer if he’s on the board. The Saints have been strongly linked to Josh Sinn, who’d bring much-needed speed and carry to the club. But if gun midfielders Josh Ward or Matt Johnson were still on the board, they’d also be hard to ignore. Again defender-midfielder Josh Goater would be a chance to be taken.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

PICK #11 – ST KILDA – Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Glenelg-logo
GLENELG
OUTSIDE MIDFIELDER
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
Height: 188cm
Weight: 70kg
DOB: 22-02-2003
The silky wingman from Glenelg, Wanganeen-Milera is another “lock it in” choice based on all the evidence. The Saints were tracking him well, sighted in South Australia, and he fits the need they are looking for with his brilliant skills and decision making. He is one the Crows have been keeping an eye on too, and West Coast would love him as well, but the Saints will pounce here. If Gibcus is on the board then that would change their mind.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

With Tassie looming in the distance this is not the time to trade draft picks unless the player is 21 or under.
I think we need to stock up on young talent like we have done in the past three years drafts.

Perhaps we might even use some of next years capital to load up more this year?
Or trade an established player?
I think that is probably the reason the club "appears" to have put a cap on Battle' s potential payment and is happy with a first round compensation pick

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!