Best quarter this year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Best quarter this year

That 3rd quarter was awesome. We dominated those pussies :mrgreen:

Cal Wilkie was amazing. Jack Steele went beast mode. They both had 10 disposals and at very high efficiency. Steele had 5 contested. Wilkie had 5 intercepts and took 8 marks. 2 were contested marks.

Skunk had midfielder numbers in the 3rd and kicked a goal. Roma did everything - 9 touches. 3 clearances, including 2 centre clearances and he kicked a goal. Wood, Wilson, Higgo and Stocker all went nuts :D

I know we're not playing finals and I know it's only one game. We've played our best footy this year when we're behind on the scoreboard and we play with flair and freedom.

The challenge is to do it consistently next year and to do it especially against teams we're expecting to beat.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Best quarter this year

Scollop wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 7:37am The challenge is to do it consistently next year and to do it especially against teams we're expecting to beat.
I think you mean everyone - every week

We did it against a team playing for EVERYTHING - a top two spot which would mean they played an interstate team here rather than there.

This is the standard we need to DEMAND each and every week

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

That victory against Geelong might take it's toll.

There's going to be a lot of very sore boys. It was basically like a final. Will be interesting to see how they follow up. Got until next Sunday which is good.

Good stepping stone for next year

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sunday is a beat up Carlton on a day less rest and a return trip from Perth - if we don’t bring the same enthusiasm and energy as the second half yesterday - I will be pissed.

This standard is now the benchmark

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!