A bull in the middle.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

A bull in the middle.

We don’t have a great one at the moment and we saw the need badly for it in the first half…
But kudos to Zac Jones for trying to step into the role tonight. Faded a little in the last but IMO, was one of a few that turned up to play from the beginning of the game.

Ran straight at the ball and hard at the contest… went for the tackle, took the ball and sprinted forward… moved it quickly.

IMO we’d have been down another 5 goals at half time if not for him.

He was a favourite of mine when we got him and I’d written him off to be delisted 8 weeks ago but he has been sensational for a month and IMO deserves a heap of praise for that effort.

The fact still remains… we need someone that can switch it on against the trend. Interestingly… Geelong looked for Danger to be that guy in the last and he gave it a shake.

Don’t know who it’s going to be or how we get them but agree with the commentary… that’s the missing key ingredient

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Re: A bull in the middle.

Bailey Sniff would add a lot.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Yep I thought Jones has saved his career in the past 5 weeks.

Owens and Windy are our midfield bulls in waiting.

Hopefully a preseason for both of them with the mids can change our side entirely.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

190/90 kg Phillipou?

Not sure why Owens can’t work in there - he looks totally lost when he does go in - and runs in cement shoes

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 18 Aug 2024 12:02am 190/90 kg Phillipou?
Not sure that he could be a bull per’se. He continues and his current trajectory, he’ll be elite nonetheless.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Not so sure

He is a very good contested player - don’t let the babyface fool you and he is very powerful

It was his uncontested game that needed development

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2024 11:56pm Yep I thought Jones has saved his career in the past 5 weeks.
Yes
Deserves another year
A hard decision for the club as he's only been able to play 58 games in 5 years due to injury.

In red white and black from 73
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 17 Aug 2024 11:46pm We don’t have a great one at the moment and we saw the need badly for it in the first half…
But kudos to Zac Jones for trying to step into the role tonight. Faded a little in the last but IMO, was one of a few that turned up to play from the beginning of the game.

Ran straight at the ball and hard at the contest… went for the tackle, took the ball and sprinted forward… moved it quickly.

IMO we’d have been down another 5 goals at half time if not for him.

He was a favourite of mine when we got him and I’d written him off to be delisted 8 weeks ago but he has been sensational for a month and IMO deserves a heap of praise for that effort.

The fact still remains… we need someone that can switch it on against the trend. Interestingly… Geelong looked for Danger to be that guy in the last and he gave it a shake.

Don’t know who it’s going to be or how we get them but agree with the commentary… that’s the missing key ingredient
Agree, I wouldn’t be moving him on just yet. He’s arguably the best we’ve got in that role at the moment.