Trade - Draft Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shrodes
SS Life Member

Re: Trade - Draft Discussion

The Age reporting we are into James Peatling from GWS, 23 yo mid who is out of contract at the end of the season

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Wed 14 Aug 2024 1:55pm The Age reporting we are into James Peatling from GWS, 23 yo mid who is out of contract at the end of the season
Would be a fantastic pick up. Very good mid fielder.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote: Wed 14 Aug 2024 2:01pm
shrodes wrote: Wed 14 Aug 2024 1:55pm The Age reporting we are into James Peatling from GWS, 23 yo mid who is out of contract at the end of the season
Would be a fantastic pick up. Very good mid fielder.
As long as we don’t give up more than a 4th rounder, I really don’t think we need more depth midfielders at the club who lack penetration by foot.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Charlie Parker

Here is a post / scenario with more than a few "ifs" in it, so bear with me ........

If the Petracca / Melbourne FC mess continues to spiral .......

If the Dees accept they have burned their bridges and they are better to cut him loose ........

If the Dees are (as is likely) unable to get a deal done with Carlton or Collingwood ......

If the Dees accept they will need to offload him for "unders" and deal with whoever can do a deal .......

Are we then interested ? Something like 1 x FRDP & Caminiti or Sharman and Dees pay some of Petracca's salary, say $300K to $400K pa ....... ????

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Charlie Parker wrote: Fri 30 Aug 2024 11:05am Here is a post / scenario with more than a few "ifs" in it, so bear with me ........

If the Petracca / Melbourne FC mess continues to spiral .......

If the Dees accept they have burned their bridges and they are better to cut him loose ........

If the Dees are (as is likely) unable to get a deal done with Carlton or Collingwood ......

If the Dees accept they will need to offload him for "unders" and deal with whoever can do a deal .......

Are we then interested ? Something like 1 x FRDP & Caminiti or Sharman and Dees pay some of Petracca's salary, say $300K to $400K pa ....... ????
I would be. I think Ross Lyon would be...but whether the rest of the football department is may be questionable.

There's possibly 2 barriers

A. His physical health and whether the surgery and any other issues could affect him in the future or reduce his ability to perform at the same elite level as prior to the injuries he sustained.

B. His mental health and whether that affects his ability to perform at the same elite level as before

There is no way Melbourne will pay 300K of his salary for Petracca to play elsewhere, so I don't think they're letting him walk

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Is the Petracca dribble going to consume the media's whole trade period, i mean, as of now there is no story until something happens.

Much like the Houston dribble that turned out to be a non story.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Petracca announced he is staying at Melbourne.

Next. :D

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.