Tarryn Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tarryn Thomas

Has he been signed up? And
Of course the AFL "vould be more hypercritical" even hypocritical, see for e.g. gambling adds and sponsorships vis a vis deep concern for mental health.
Court case for the guilty bounder Nov? just a formality before sentencing, eh.

loris
Saintsational Legend

I’m surprised none of you are taking note of Ross Lyon’s opinion of TT - it’s been reported on the SEN site for about 14 hours after he’d been asked about Grubby’s luncheon.

It says:-

In response to Morris’ report, Lyon says he wouldn’t recruit Thomas following his court case no matter the 25
4 year olds talent.
Instead he’d only consider taking a meeting with the midfielder if he can prove that he has learnt from his ‘horrendous mistakes’ at a lower level away from the AFL light for at least a full season.
“With the Tarryn Thomas stuff, if I’m an AFL club I’m saying, “If you want to play AFL footy, that’s great, but go and prove to us that you can go and play at a lower level.” Lyon said
“Whether it’s VFL or interstate - I don’t care what level it is - for a year or two years, go and put your head down and show us your contrition and own your actions. Only then would I take a lunch meeting with you.
“That’s the way I would see that. I wouldn’t consider Tarryn Thomas until I’d seen him get through a year or two somewhere else.”
“Go off the grid, get yourself right, show and demonstrate you’ve learnt from some of the horrendous mistakes you’ve made.”

So folks I don’t think supporters need to get their knickers in a twist, I don’t think the grub TT will be playing for the Saints next season.
Also I think SOS might be getting a serve from RTB as he was the one getting Grubby Allen to the club, and Grubby showed at GWS his own character was a little bit iffy.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Grubby lunching on the club tit.

How many vinos did he partake in?

That’s the real story here!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 12:23am I’m surprised none of you are taking note of Ross Lyon’s opinion of TT - it’s been reported on the SEN site for about 14 hours after he’d been asked about Grubby’s luncheon.

In response to Morris’ report, Lyon says he wouldn’t recruit Thomas following his court case no matter the 25
4 year olds talent.
Instead he’d only consider taking a meeting with the midfielder if he can prove that he has learnt from his ‘horrendous mistakes’ at a lower level away from the AFL light for at least a full season.
“With the Tarryn Thomas stuff, if I’m an AFL club I’m saying, “If you want to play AFL footy, that’s great, but go and prove to us that you can go and play at a lower level.” Lyon said
“Whether it’s VFL or interstate - I don’t care what level it is - for a year or two years, go and put your head down and show us your contrition and own your actions. Only then would I take a lunch meeting with you.
“That’s the way I would see that. I wouldn’t consider Tarryn Thomas until I’d seen him get through a year or two somewhere else.”
“Go off the grid, get yourself right, show and demonstrate you’ve learnt from some of the horrendous mistakes you’ve made.”

So folks I don’t think supporters need to get their knickers in a twist, I don’t think the grub TT will be playing for the Saints next season.
Also I think SOS might be getting a serve from RTB as he was the one getting Grubby Allen to the club, and Grubby showed at GWS his own character was a little bit iffy.
That was Garry Lyon I think not RTB

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 12:55am
loris wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 12:23am I’m surprised none of you are taking note of Ross Lyon’s opinion of TT - it’s been reported on the SEN site for about 14 hours after he’d been asked about Grubby’s luncheon.

4 year olds talent.

Good pick up.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
repta
Club Player

In May this year all the players 'Took a stand against gender based violence "

Essentially the players, clubs and officials took a pledge. It wasn't a pay thing, it wasn't a sponsorship thing. A willing commitment.

Andrew Dillion said "When it comes to violence against women, the only acceptable figure is zero,"

3 Months later ...... "he has been a very naughty boy"

There is s massive difference between accepting gambling money and having a mental health facility.

If you take a stand, take a stand. "the only acceptable figure is zero"

Exactly how many occurrences has it been Mr Thomas ........

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2024 8:06pm
cwrcyn wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2024 8:05pm Two words.....Andrew Lovett
Pretty sure he was found innocent
lol...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SinCitySainter
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 10:30am
lol...
Yes he was, and because of that we handled the situation poorly.
However, what happened didn't happen before we recruited him but after.
We never would have recruited Lovett if the allegations were already hanging over his head.
You cannot predict the future but no need for prognostication in the Thomas situation.

older saint
SS Life Member

SinCitySainter wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 10:53am
lol...
Yes he was, and because of that we handled the situation poorly.
However, what happened didn't happen before we recruited him but after.
We never would have recruited Lovett if the allegations were already hanging over his head.
You cannot predict the future but no need for prognostication in the Thomas situation.
We did also sack Gram and moved on Steven due to similar issues.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

lol...
Some may suggest being found not guilty and being innocent are not the same.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Why do we always have to scour other teams' garbage bins looking for diamonds?
Lovett's, Carlisle's and Hannebery's issues were well known before we got them!
Idiots and miscreants are everywhere in footy but there is a difference between managing our own and actively pursuing those of other clubs.

We need to stop thinking and acting desperate.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I’m desperate..sign him up

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Tom Morris lower than Craig Hutchinson!
Complete moron!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SinCitySainter
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 11:51am Tom Morris lower than Craig Hutchinson!
Complete moron!
Unless you are suggesting he made up the story of the meeting between Gubby and Thomas I am not sure that your opinion on Morris is particularly relevant.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 12:16pm
magnifisaint wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 11:51am Tom Morris lower than Craig Hutchinson!
Complete moron!
Unless you are suggesting he made up the story of the meeting between Gubby and Thomas I am not sure that your opinion on Morris is particularly relevant.
I'm not suggesting that, but he's all over nothing. I still think he's a moron, that's undeniable. He should be excusing his reporting on this one given his comments on Megan Barnard.

spert
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2024 7:19pm We took a risk on Nathan Freeman.
He was a big risk n club decided they had the resources to get him right.

Let's not try to save another club's cast-off
Nathan had bad hammy problems, which I think may be a little different from TT's vile acts. Freeza was very popular amongst the playing group, but TT burned his bridges at North.

King Max
Club Player

shrodes
SS Life Member

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

So he's career is cactus.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

sanity prevails!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 4:08pm So he's career is cactus.
He made his bed........

loris
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 12:55am

4 year olds talent.

🫢 my bad eh Devilhead - one should never assume should they? Article only said ‘Lyon’, and I jumped to conclusions that it was RTB Lyon. I just hope RTB Lyon has the same opinion as Gary Lyon.
Anyway I received an e-mail from the Club earlier today and thankfully they put the kybosch (? Spelling) on any thought of pursuing TT 😇
Now to get back to enjoying watching the swimmers 🏊 attack the Seine. Yuk, yuk, yukky, - swimming in that river in my opinion is better than thinking about TT.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

repta wrote: Fri 09 Aug 2024 10:17am In May this year all the players 'Took a stand against gender based violence "

Essentially the players, clubs and officials took a pledge. It wasn't a pay thing, it wasn't a sponsorship thing. A willing commitment.
Full post-match, Round 8: Saints. Watch Ross touch his nose. Allan Pease followers would know what I 'm talking about

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1122401

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

:cry: :cry: