Tarryn Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Tarryn Thomas

Haha

Rocket
Club Player

Re: Tarryn Thomas

Lead story on channel 9 ! Gubby confirmed he met with him and one of many …

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So after googling it, heaven forbid the OP actually references what he’s talking about… he’s not messed up again, we’ve apparently met with him.

Big whoop

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Good to hear.

spert
Saintsational Legend

A leopard doesn't change it's spots..WTF is this club doing.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

We are desperate for pace and talent and he has both in abundance, also kicks it pretty well.

If we can get him for free on a minimal wage and be part of his redemption story, I say give it a shot.

Get him under very tight contractual stipulation and if he's still a cockhead, throw him out on his arse.

We are desperate for talent and if the club leaders like Steele, Marshall etc are on board, get him in!
Last edited by D.B.Cooper on Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

spert wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:01pm A leopard doesn't change it's spots..WTF is this club doing.
If we did get him, would it really be high risk? We'd get him for nothing and low pay. A spot on the List that would be otherwise taken up by a rookie who may never play an AFL game. If he stuffs up you sack him.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Channel Swine’s leading chair-sniffer Tom Morris with this exclusive! 💩

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 9a2eb268cf

St Kilda’s head of talent and acquisition Graeme Allen meets with ex-Roo Tarryn Thomas
After being sacked by North Melbourne and handed an 18-game ban by the AFL, Tarryn Thomas could be set for an AFL lifeline, after meeting with a Victorian club’s list guru on Tuesday.

St Kilda could be set to throw Tarryn Thomas an AFL lifeline.

Thomas was sacked by North Melbourne earlier this year after the AFL found he had threatened a woman in direct messages multiple times, imposing an 18-match ban.

While he has a pending court case coming up in November, after he was arrested and charged with “use telecommunications service to harass and breaching a court order” in May, Thomas met with St Kilda head of talent and acquisition Graeme ‘Gubby’ Allen for lunch on Tuesday.

When contacted by this masthead about the lunch, a St Kilda spokeswoman said that Allen had lots of lunches with lots of people as part of his role.

The 24-year-old former No. 8 draft pick is not eligible to play at any level until the outcome of his pending court case.

The potential return of Thomas to the game has inflamed tensions among fans at clubs.

Essendon moved to distance itself in a letter to some of its members after senior coach Brad Scott, who knew Thomas from his time at the Kangaroos, described the sacked player as a “good person”.

Following backlash from fans, the Bombers signed off on an email in June reassuring them that they were not looking to recruit Thomas

Geelong has also backed away from links to Thomas.

St Dave
Club Player

Pretty sure we can find twenty touches and a goal a game somewhere else without the controversy

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Excellent news

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
shrodes
SS Life Member

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:32pm
spert wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:01pm A leopard doesn't change it's spots..WTF is this club doing.
If we did get him, would it really be high risk? We'd get him for nothing and low pay. A spot on the List that would be otherwise taken up by a rookie who may never play an AFL game. If he stuffs up you sack him.
The risk is not with regards to money, or a list spot, or anything like that. It would be at a terrible reputational cost to the club (a club which has a burgeoning AFLW division I might add). I think it's an awful idea and it's ridiculous that Gubby (or any other clubs for that matter) are meeting with him.

There's more to footy than talent. This is the same attitude that kept Wayne Carey on air for years after numerous indiscretions towards women. Stop rewarding terrible behaviour just because someone is good at sports.

aussie sainter
Club Player

I’m going to get a lot of hate here for posting this…and I will hasten to add that I’m no fan of Thomas…however we hold another ex player in the highest possible regard who was convicted of assaulting his then wife. Matter of fact they built a statue for him over in WA.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

St Dave wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:41pm Pretty sure we can find twenty touches and a goal a game somewhere else without the controversy
If he screws his head on right and gets another chance, he's going to be better than that.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

aussie sainter wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 9:03pm I’m going to get a lot of hate here for posting this…and I will hasten to add that I’m no fan of Thomas…however we hold another ex player in the highest possible regard who was convicted of assaulting his then wife. Matter of fact they built a statue for him over in WA.
You'll get double the hate for posting it twice.

seano1
Club Player

Wtf is wrong with this club ……we need more draftees coming in ….with him your going to get flak from supporters…women ….sponsors…don’t want bad eggs around for their brand and then our brand and maybe membership drop …..move on look elsewhere…

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:32pm We are desperate for pace and ...
...We are desperate to save face

😭😭 :lol: :lol:

Reeks of desperation to save careers too. Tarryn isn't the answer for 2025. They're not interested in building a culture based on connection and leaving a legacy.

Does Gubby and Ross think a team can just be slapped together for instant success?

It's too big a gamble unless Thomas has been in regular consultation with a psychologist.

There are dozens of young footballers playing Aussie rules. Why do we waste time and resources on short term gambles?

Are we prepared to give him a 3 year contract? Can he stay out of trouble for that long? I think it'll take 3-5 years before we are close to becoming contenders so build a culture...BUILD FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS AND BEYOND OR f*** OFF.
Last edited by Scollop on Wed 07 Aug 2024 9:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

We don’t need a POS like him down at the club.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
seano1
Club Player

My wife has said they can stick the membership where g allens sun doesn’t shine

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

shrodes wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:55pm
The risk is not with regards to money, or a list spot, or anything like that. It would be at a terrible reputational cost to the club (a club which has a burgeoning AFLW division I might add). I think it's an awful idea and it's ridiculous that Gubby (or any other clubs for that matter) are meeting with him.

There's more to footy than talent. This is the same attitude that kept Wayne Carey on air for years after numerous indiscretions towards women. Stop rewarding terrible behaviour just because someone is good at sports.
Wayne Carey glassed a woman! Significantly more serious and unhinged than Tarrant's behaviour.

I know that the media would bleat, but realistically why should there be reputational damage? We'd be giving a a young man a chance to redeem himself and no doubt sack him if he stuffed up. Doesn't mean the Club condones his indiscretions or would tolerate further indiscretions..

Leo.J
SS Life Member

It’s a little ironic that the story originated from Tom Morris.

seano1
Club Player

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 9:26pm
shrodes wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:55pm

Wayne Carey glassed a woman! Significantly more serious and unhinged than Tarrant's behaviour.

I know that the media would bleat, but realistically why should there be reputational damage? We'd be giving a a young man a chance to redeem himself and no doubt sack him if he stuffed up. Doesn't mean the Club condones his indiscretions or would tolerate further indiscretions..
It’s called domestic violence…this guy won’t change …..it will be more damaging to this club ….as another has said build a future not keep bringing in other clubs failures …he’s been through 2 educational programs and still didn’t learn ….hence his court date ….. to me thats a huge red flag . Sorry for the bloke but let pies have him

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 9:14pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 8:32pm We are desperate for pace and ...
...We are desperate to save face

😭😭 :lol: :lol:

Reeks of desperation to save careers too. Tarryn isn't the answer for 2025. They're not interested in building a culture based on connection and leaving a legacy.

Does Gubby and Ross think a team can just be slapped together for instant success?

It's too big a gamble unless Thomas has been in regular consultation with a psychologist.

There are dozens of young footballers playing Aussie rules. Why do we waste time and resources on short term gambles?

Are we prepared to give him a 3 year contract? Can he stay out of trouble for that long? I think it'll take 3-5 years before we are close to becoming contenders so build a culture...BUILD FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS AND BEYOND OR f*** OFF.
:lol: I'd trust the instincts of Lyon and Gubby (particularly Lyon) in working out whether or not Tarrant has got his head straight, over a Psychological Report. He's only 24 and is a skillful powerful mid we desperately need. We're not going to get Uniake-Davis, who else fits the bill?

Why would we give him a 3 year deal? Saving face? We'd be addressing our List needs.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What’s Greame Allen exactly achieved for the club over the last few years?

Where’s the prized recruit(s) we were promised?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2024 9:43pm What’s Greame Allen exactly achieved for the club over the last few years?

Where’s the prized recruit(s) we were promised?
I think, not sure, that he may also look at young talent that may be drafted.