Billings subbed out tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

darylcowie
Club Player

Billings subbed out tonight

Clutching at his chest, but fortunately he only has a torn pec.
No stress to his heart whatsoever, luckily.

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Billings subbed out tonight

darylcowie wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2024 10:42pm Clutching at his chest, but fortunately he only has a torn pec.
No stress to his heart whatsoever, luckily.
Doesn't have one, does he?

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

That's obviously the moment that cost Melbourne the game.
:D :roll:

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 7:18am That's obviously the moment that cost Melbourne the game.
:D :roll:
I know you’re being facetious… but the stats actually support that. GWS powered on from the start of the 4th when he went off

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Yes the art of running decoy past contests is often overlooked, particularly in the wet. Dee's can't take a trick with injuries.
(Only a month of welfare subsidies to go Jack, chin up. Essendon will be looking for a replacement for Parish and Shiel).

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I’m sure Goodwin wants his best players like Billings to be in tip top form in the run up to September.

I’m sure Billings will get good numbers at Casey. Looking forward to the VFL this week and I’ll be a keen watcher …NOT

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Scollop wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2024 9:58pm I’m sure Goodwin wants his best players like Billings to be in tip top form in the run up to September.

I’m sure Billings will get good numbers at Casey. Looking forward to the VFL this week and I’ll be a keen watcher …NOT
Luke Dunstan will say hello

Bad management is bad management
Tommyj
Club Player

Mate really who cares he's gone and personally I don't give a rats

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2024 9:58pm I’m sure Goodwin wants his best players like Billings to be in tip top form in the run up to September.

NOT watching? Pity. As the forum numbers man, I was hoping you'd post a bit of a report on whether JB manages to pick up any of those pesky contested possession stat thingies. According to the Scollop guidelines of course. Would be interesting. Even the Clayton's CPs would be of interest.
Have a look.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Bottom line is we don't miss him. His departure has had zero negative impact on us.

Melbourne supporters, if you read their forum, are not exactly fans of Billings. A one paced floater who picks up a lot of inconsequential possessions is the basic assessment

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2024 11:09am Bottom line is we don't miss him. His departure has had zero negative impact on us.
Apart from us still paying his wage...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Money well spent

StPeter
Club Player

It seems Billings and Gresham have both been failures at their new clubs backing Saints decision to let them go,

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn’t have taken us anywhere, particularly Billings.

Coffield too.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

takeaway wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2024 8:45am

NOT watching? Pity. As the forum numbers man, I was hoping you'd post a bit of a report on whether JB manages to pick up any of those pesky contested possession stat thingies. According to the Scollop guidelines of course. Would be interesting. Even the Clayton's CPs would be of interest.
Have a look.
You’re just dirty because you’re previous stats comparison between JB and Petracca has amounted to duck eggs.

takeaway
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2024 10:40pm

Have a look.
You’re just dirty because you’re previous stats comparison between JB and Petracca has amounted to duck eggs.
Not sure where you're coming from. The purpose of the post was to gain some insight into the difficult science of CP tabulation, from someone who spends a lot of time with stats.

Never compared JB and Petracca. Why would you? They play different positions, Petracca is a much better player, and certainly has much more ability and opportunity to gain contested possessions. However, your post prompted me to check JB's CP stats, and he has accumulated exactly 1000 CPs in his career! Three duck eggs. How did you know?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2024 10:23am

Have a look.
Not sure where you're coming from. The purpose of the post was to gain some insight into the difficult science of CP tabulation, from someone who spends a lot of time with stats.

Never compared JB and Petracca. Why would you? They play different positions, Petracca is a much better player, and certainly has much more ability and opportunity to gain contested possessions. However, your post prompted me to check JB's CP stats, and he has accumulated exactly 1000 CPs in his career! Three duck eggs. How did you know?
I think SydneySainter thought you meant CP as in Christian Petracca

Maybe the Clayton's CP's reference made him think Oliver and Petracca :mrgreen:

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2024 2:37pm

Have a look.

I think SydneySainter thought you meant CP as in Christian Petracca

Maybe the Clayton's CP's reference made him think Oliver and Petracca :mrgreen:
You could well be right Scols. Well spotted. CP's CPs

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2024 11:24am
cwrcyn wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2024 11:09am Bottom line is we don't miss him. His departure has had zero negative impact on us.
Yes, but the portion that club pays is a sunk cost and he’s not on the list anymore.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 03 Aug 2024 10:31pm
The_Dud wrote: Fri 02 Aug 2024 11:24am
Yes, but the portion that club pays is a sunk cost and he’s not on the list anymore.
Hence the line on Josh B.
Seems we had/have a number of contracts to wash through to clean up player payments.
New broom still sweeping.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we should flip this debate around???

How would Richmond rate their letting Butler & Higgins go to the Saints. I’d say it’s ✔️✔️ for the Saints.

✔️ for Crouch
✔️ for Steele
✔️ for Membrey
✔️ for Henry
✔️for Wood
✔️for Howard
✔️ for Stocker
➖ for Cordy
➖for Jones
? for Dow
? for Bonner
? for Campbell
🟰 for Hill c/f Acres

I’m only considering saints currently on our list from other clubs.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Have a look.

You have a short memory Takeaway, specially from your own shamelessly campaigning of Trout and JB.

takeaway
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Mon 05 Aug 2024 12:14am

Have a look.

You have a short memory Takeaway, specially from your own shamelessly campaigning of Trout and JB.
Very easy to broad brush with no context. What's that got to do with the supposed stats comparison between JB and CP? Do you have details?
The initial post was essentially about the diversity of views on what exactly is a contested possession. You've still missed the point.