Pleasing Stat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

Pleasing Stat

Leigh Matthews, commentating on the radio when praising the Saints, pointed out that it is a rare stat for every one of the 22 players to get 10+ possessions like we did against Essendon on Saturday.

However it was the second week in a row for us. The starting 22 players all gained 10+ possessions against West Coast too.

Incidentally on AFL360 last night, there was a lengthy opening segment on our match last Saturday. But not one word of praise about how well the Saints played or comment about any of our players, just condemnation of Essendon. I have never had any respect for Mark Robinson as a journalist and this just confirms my feelings.
Last edited by StPeter on Tue 30 Jul 2024 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pleasing Stat

No passengers, good. Everyone is buying in

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Garcia's stats were pretty low.

StPeter
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2024 7:28pm Garcia's stats were pretty low.
I said starting 22.

Josh Battle
Club Player

StPeter wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2024 7:17pm Leigh Matthews, commentating on the radio when praising the Saints, pointed out that it is a rare stat for every one of the 22 players to get 10+ possessions like we did against Essendon on Saturday.

However it was the second week in a row for us. The starting 22 players all gained 10+ possessions against West Coast too.

Incidentally on AFL360 last night, there was a lengthy opening segment on our match last Saturday. But not one word of praise about how well the Saints played or comment about any of our players, just condemnation of Essendon. I have never had any respect for Mark Robinson as a journalist and this just confirms my feelings.
Not true. He did praise us several times but obviously, most of the discussion and the heat was on Essendon.

If we were a finals chance they'd definitely have to spend time on us but we're close to zero chance of making the top 8.

At this late stage in the year the focus is finals. Those who are in the race for top 4 and those trying to secure 7th and 8th spot.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Tue 30 Jul 2024 7:17pm Leigh Matthews, commentating on the radio when praising the Saints, pointed out that it is a rare stat for every one of the 22 players to get 10+ possessions like we did against Essendon on Saturday.

He wasn't the only one. A lot of know nothing dipsticks if you ask me.

Although, surprisingly Garry Lyon did a bit actually praising the saints .

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2024 11:27am
He wasn't the only one. A lot of know nothing dipsticks if you ask me.

Although, surprisingly Garry Lyon did a bit actually praising the saints .
Kane actually said that for one of the few times this year he actually got to watch us live and that he thought our ball movement was fantastic and that we were playing like a good team.

Most people have admitted that we had the system - just not the connect to convert forward entries into scores.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

That would be the Kane calling for Bevo to be sacked not so long ago and liked impuning Ross. The "shock" commentator whose act is pretty tired and unshocking now.