Nas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

Nas

This guy is elite ….. SA clubs are going to come hard for him next year when his contract runs out ……. Whoever is in charge of our list and contracts is hopefully getting on the front foot and working on a deal now

Rubyjo
Club Player

Re: Nas

What's he worth , more than Battle so 1 million plus per year.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Pay him what he needs to stay.
Could be the best kick in the league.
Sign him up for 5-7

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

That’s why it’s important that we keep winning or showing genuine improvement (as much as it stuffs up draft order etc) - you need to give your elite talent reason to believe and a reason to stay.

I haven’t heard Gerard Healy crapping on too much lately about how we still should’ve picked the kid from the bottom of South Road instead.

Go you red, black & white warriors
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

A grade, AA elite

I think all of us were suspect with his selection at the time - not for want of skill, more the possession stats didn’t look overly impressive and gave cause for concern. It was a strong draft also so was critical to get it right
Hats off to the club and to the player - he just keeps getting better! Last night was immense, he was everywhere and so critical in several major scores.
Easily my favourite player in the current group, just so good to watch

#1 Ryder fan
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 10:23am
I think all of us were suspect with his selection at the time - not for want of skill, more the possession stats didn’t look overly impressive and gave cause for concern.
I do not remember this narrative at the time.

Most had him going to Essendon a pick or two after us but was in the ball park for us

Eramus
Hobbs
Sinns
Chesser
Gibcus

Literally the 5 picks around him were all on the radar too along with a bit of love for Sonsie though he was considered well down the order.

Certainly didn’t seem a speculative by any means

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

When they pick the AA team, one of the first names on the board.
Possession numbers, consistency, skill, composure.
Not one of the judges will ever say 'yeah, but...'
It's just NAS on the whiteboard in permanent marker pen.
Easy

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I love watching him play.

Brings back memories of Nicky, one of the greatest Saints.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 11:53am I love watching him play.

Funny. I don’t get that at all though I see what you mean. I guess because Nicky didn’t spend much time at halfback. Was more ball winner.

I look at Nas as the player we were supposed to get when we drafted Raph Clarke.

Perhaps the bottom line here is that he’s his own guy I guess.

(Not making a point… my gut says my response here is one of those mellow, nonsensical ones that comes following a big win 🤪)

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Star

Probably our second best player right now

At 21yo

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

His goal was a ripper. I feel we are going to see many more of those over the next few years.

He’s such a good field kick. There’s no reason he can’t do that regularly when he starts backing himself in to take the shot

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 12:19pm

Funny. I don’t get that at all though I see what you mean. I guess because Nicky didn’t spend much time at halfback. Was more ball winner.

I look at Nas as the player we were supposed to get when we drafted Raph Clarke.

(Not making a point… my gut says my response here is one of those mellow, nonsensical ones that comes following a big win 🤪)
Great, Skeptic.

He glides across the field and is evasive and quick but yes he’s not the exact type of player which I wasn’t saying at all.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

He is a top quality user of the ball and nearly an A grader. To truly take that next step to be a genuine star he needs to back himself in a bit more to go for goal. He proved he can kick a great goal from distance but a couple of times before that he was reticent to take the shot and got himself into trouble. I have no doubt in a couple of years he will be truly elite as he has the two weapons that can hurt the opposition more than any other in pure pace and elite disposal. I just hope we let him continue to play off half back as with his skill set that is where he is most effective in my opinion.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

PS. I don’t think you were being nonsensical; more like rhetorical. :wink:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote: Sun 28 Jul 2024 1:10pm He is a top quality user of the ball and nearly an A grader. To truly take that next step to be a genuine star he needs to back himself in a bit more to go for goal. He proved he can kick a great goal from distance but a couple of times before that he was reticent to take the shot and got himself into trouble. I have no doubt in a couple of years he will be truly elite as he has the two weapons that can hurt the opposition more than any other in pure pace and elite disposal. I just hope we let him continue to play off half back as with his skill set that is where he is most effective in my opinion.
Agreed... however his growth as a player is only limited by what he wants to achieve.

Right now he's best suited to half back, but he might aspire to play in the middle in a few years time.

Another potential future captain. Owens and Nasiah should be number 1 priority for long term deals

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

I've not been this impressed since I first clapped eyes on one Neil Elvis Winmar, when we thrashed the Brisbane Bears at Moorabbin in 1987.

I see what St.Pav, skeptic and SCS are on about. The silky, effortless movement, the precise kicking, seeing options that others can't, playing the game as though he sees it unfolding in slow motion.

Forget about making Max a saint for life. I'm a fan of Max King and see him as a crucial part of our future. However, right now, I'd be concentrating my efforts on signing Nas, long term.

He'll be one of the most sought after players in the competition, post 2025. Sign him now. 5-6 years minimum. What a gun.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Spot on Skeptic, the comparison with Ralph Clarke is exactly how we all hoped Raph would be. Alas, it wasn’t to be. NAS is a priority signing ( even though he’s contracted to us) for extension. Just about the pick of that draft he is

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2024 1:40am I've not been this impressed since I first clapped eyes on one Neil Elvis Winmar, when we thrashed the Brisbane Bears at Moorabbin in 1987.

I see what St.Pav, skeptic and SCS are on about. The silky, effortless movement, the precise kicking, seeing options that others can't, playing the game as though he sees it unfolding in slow motion.

Forget about making Max a saint for life. I'm a fan of Max King and see him as a crucial part of our future. However, right now, I'd be concentrating my efforts on signing Nas, long term.

He'll be one of the most sought after players in the competition, post 2025. Sign him now. 5-6 years minimum. What a gun.
Yeah I'd be tilting the chequebook more toward players like NAS and Battle at this point rather than King (until he shows some more a least)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintWiki
Club Player

We've got to the stage that many of our flag winning players are already on our list, leaving the doom and gloom supporters looking impatient at best and a bit silly at worst. Don't worry they'll come out of the woodwork in force every time we have a hiccup or further game experience periods.