Team vs Essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team vs Essendon

D.B.Cooper wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2024 9:24pm
saynta wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 4:54pm
BadRossco wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 1:31pm Should go tall against injectors, out Henry, Bonner and Burnes, in Heath, Keeler and Dow (sub) but not likely to happen.
Who the f#&k is Burnes? No one on saints lists by that name.

I agree with your ins though.
Spot on, everyone knows it's Byrbes FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:
You really are the pits.

But you just confirmed something I suspected.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Midfield has being doing well. The height of Essendon may hurt us. I still think though that Essendon aren’t as good as the ladder shows.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 5:22am If Caminiti is fit he should play. I think it would work ok if he replaces Henry in the 23 and Bonner goes to sub (or is dropped and replaced by someone else).

Dow doesn’t really do it for me. I prefer Garcia to go into the Henry role.
As I predicted earlier in the week. Bonner is the last player named on the interchange bench and will therefore probably be the sub. Garcia takes on Henry's role. Caminiti will play mostly down back, but also take on a bit of ruckwork, allowing Marshall to go forward a bit more often like he did against Port and the Swans.

I still don't get why anyone would be clamouring for Dow to come back into the firsts. He looks to me like another one of those players who are too good for VFL but can't quite cut it at AFL level.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 26 Jul 2024 10:34pm Midfield has being doing well. The height of Essendon may hurt us. I still think though that Essendon aren’t as good as the ladder shows.
They're not. Nor are Carlton, as we saw last night. The Swans, Lions and possibly the Cats are the teams to beat IMO. The Dockers are also clearly on the way up, but I doubt that they are capable of winning a flag this year. Port and GWS will most likely disappoint their fans as per usual.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

meher baba wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2024 7:39am
meher baba wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 5:22am If Caminiti is fit he should play. I think it would work ok if he replaces Henry in the 23 and Bonner goes to sub (or is dropped and replaced by someone else).

As I predicted earlier in the week. Bonner is the last player named on the interchange bench and will therefore probably be the sub. Garcia takes on Henry's role. Caminiti will play mostly down back, but also take on a bit of ruckwork, allowing Marshall to go forward a bit more often like he did against Port and the Swans.

I still don't get why anyone would be clamouring for Dow to come back into the firsts. He looks to me like another one of those players who are too good for VFL but can't quite cut it at AFL level.
They name the bench in the order of their jumper numbers.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2024 8:28am
meher baba wrote: Sat 27 Jul 2024 7:39am

They name the bench in the order of their jumper numbers.
Well there you go. Another thing I didn't know. I still reckon Bonner should be the sub.

- Jonathan Swift
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Reckon we’re a big big chance today, bombers on the skids and we’ve found a bit of connection the past 3 weeks. Shame Henry and Pou out - I reckon we’d almost be favourites with them in

#1 Ryder fan
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Dont want to be too hopeful, but this is alright

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Still too tall?

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.