Predictions this Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Predictions this Round

I'm gonna attract some vitriol, but...
Although we had an amazing 12 goal win...was it highest score or biggest margin since 2017?
Meth Coast were missing Waterman, Duggan, McGovern, Darling, and have been poor in a lot of games.

But...our guys can play amazing footy. And can also play ugly, imprecise inaccurate footy as well.
We get big highs and depressing lows.

I suspect this week at training, the squad is patting each other on the back.
Can you spell 'complacency'?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Predictions this Round

1. We'll be outscored in Q1 but at least 2 goals.
Bombers with slick ball movement. Killing us around the ground.

2. Half-time margin of at least 4 goals.

3. Most goals- Higgo 3, Skunk 2

4. Most touches- NAS and Sincs 30

5. Final Margin
Injectors by 5 goals

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2024 7:21pm I'm gonna attract some vitriol, but...
Although we had an amazing 12 goal win...was it highest score or biggest margin since 2017?
Meth Coast were missing Waterman, Duggan, McGovern, Darling, and have been poor in a lot of games.

But...our guys can play amazing footy. And can also play ugly, imprecise inaccurate footy as well.

Biggest margin since 2017 against the Hawks in Tassie. Not the highest score though - not by a long chalk. We have kicked two 20 goals scores, both against the Hawks (funnily enough), since then. Once was at the MCG in 2022 and another time was last year after kicking 9 or 10 goals in the first quarter at Marvel. All three of these matches were Hawthorn home games, btw.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Anyway the injectors are pretenders..we should win

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Saints by 15. Should've beaten them comfortably last time.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2024 7:35pm
WellardSaint wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2024 7:21pm I'm gonna attract some vitriol, but...

Biggest margin since 2017 against the Hawks in Tassie. Not the highest score though - not by a long chalk. We have kicked two 20 goals scores, both against the Hawks (funnily enough), since then. Once was at the MCG in 2022 and another time was last year after kicking 9 or 10 goals in the first quarter at Marvel. All three of these matches were Hawthorn home games, btw.
And apparently, we kicked 19.14 against the Hawks at Marvel stadium in 2021 as well.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The forward line to really start to get some synergy and connection, if Members can bring it again, my boy Coops should get onto 3-5 or more, Owens should also get onto about 3 goals, Higgo to also get 2 or more. I'd really like to see the forward line finish off strongly without King in the side just to hopefully convince King he should accept playing the Ruck/Forward role over summer and train it hard. We have become too predictable when he is our deepest forward, especially when he's not playing well and we need to have a plan B for that which is Max going to the Ruck for periods in a game.

Bombers should beat us comfortably if they are to prove they are finals capable and remove the monkey from their back which is falling off the pace hard late in the season.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 9:41am The forward line to really start to get some synergy and connection, if Members can bring it again, my boy Coops should get onto 3-5 or more, Owens should also get onto about 3 goals, Higgo to also get 2 or more. I'd really like to see the forward line finish off strongly without King in the side just to hopefully convince King he should accept playing the Ruck/Forward role over summer and train it hard. We have become too predictable when he is our deepest forward, especially when he's not playing well and we need to have a plan B for that which is Max going to the Ruck for periods in a game.

Bombers should beat us comfortably if they are to prove they are finals capable and remove the monkey from their back which is falling off the pace hard late in the season.
Love your sense of humour Vortex, but suspect your tongue was firmly wedged in your cheeks :lol: :lol:

Like you I have been impressed with how the forward line has functioned in the absence of Max King and like to think that the selectors will be analysing different forward strategies when he returns from injury in 2025 - ruck/forward has been suggested before and makes eminent sense.

"Where there is no hope, it is incumbent on us to invent it.."

Albert Camus (1913-1960) French philospher
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Bombers smash us in every quarter.
We all get on here and rip shreds off RTB, every player, the AFL, umps and our feckless neighbour for mowing right next to the damn window for 3 hrs during the game.

Then we go drown our sorrow

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 5:45pm Bombers smash us in every quarter.
We all get on here and rip shreds off RTB, every player, the AFL, umps and our feckless neighbour for mowing right next to the damn window for 3 hrs during the game.

Then we go drown our sorrow
😳😂🤠

Go on...
Tell us you own a bloody time machine, without telling us you own one 😖

(Wear headphones, I have noisy folk living above my unit and it drowns out the buggers 😂)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 1:21pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 9:41am The forward line to really start to get some synergy and connection, if Members can bring it again, my boy Coops should get onto 3-5 or more, Owens should also get onto about 3 goals, Higgo to also get 2 or more. I'd really like to see the forward line finish off strongly without King in the side just to hopefully convince King he should accept playing the Ruck/Forward role over summer and train it hard. We have become too predictable when he is our deepest forward, especially when he's not playing well and we need to have a plan B for that which is Max going to the Ruck for periods in a game.

Love your sense of humour Vortex, but suspect your tongue was firmly wedged in your cheeks :lol: :lol:

Like you I have been impressed with how the forward line has functioned in the absence of Max King and like to think that the selectors will be analysing different forward strategies when he returns from injury in 2025 - ruck/forward has been suggested before and makes eminent sense.
As funny as a bus crash.
Wants us all to know how smart he is and how he is ahead of the curve , his own words
When found out turns to sarcasm
That’s ok he’s not the only know all on here
He started bagging Sharman from the outset mainly because some had shown interest in the kid , he wanted to share his vast knowledge of the game and claim he would be delisted and not afl standard, he maintained this narrative for as long as he possibly could until finally folding and now making joke’s about it.
Saw through this bloke from the get go

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 7:55pm

As funny as a bus crash.
Wants us all to know how smart he is and how he is ahead of the curve , his own words
When found out turns to sarcasm
That’s ok he’s not the only know all on here
He started bagging Sharman from the outset mainly because some had shown interest in the kid , he wanted to share his vast knowledge of the game and claim he would be delisted and not afl standard, he maintained this narrative for as long as he possibly could until finally folding and now making joke’s about it.
Saw through this bloke from the get go
I'm going to defend him here because I think he at least puts his balls/genitalia on the line...

There are some people who think every single player that walks through the door is going to make it.

It's easy to just sit on the fence... Or to be ultra positive on each kid we end up drafting

Still...it will be good when he finally admits he was wrong on Cooper

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Sancto, I figure a little humour during a tough season can't hurt.

We have been too Max centric for a long time and he just hasn't been able to meet the lofty expectations bestowed upon him when they called him Winx and gave him the number 12. Add to that he is injury prone and unavailable regularly which really has unsettled the side.

It's crazy talk to suggest a trade however it surely is time to trial something different before throwing the baby out with the bathwater like playing him as a Ruck/Forward.

Ironically Ross did send him to centre square bounces in the game he sustained the injury however hopefully that means Ross will tinker with the idea more over summer.

In the mean time we desperately need the forward line to find some chemistry in his absence to prove the point one way or the other. And to that end it will require some players to really step up like my boy Coops and Mitch.

Hopefully Caminiti comes back and plays well too at either end of the ground.
Last edited by Vortex on Thu 25 Jul 2024 10:37am, edited 3 times in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 11:01pm

I'm going to defend him here because I think he at least puts his balls/genitalia on the line...

There are some people who think every single player that walks through the door is going to make it.

It's easy to just sit on the fence... Or to be ultra positive on each kid we end up drafting

Still...it will be good when he finally admits he was wrong on Cooper
Good for you scollop , it's good to stick up for the strugglers on here at times :)

as far as thinking every player who walks through the' door will make it, I'm certainly not one of those but every now and then it's obvious that some have the potential, some just don't have that ability.

Killa
Club Player

There was a time when Essendon outside used to cut us up - free players running into the goal square

And they have an attacking game plan now judging from their last game v Adelaide plus they have marking targets in attack

The pressure will be on Marshall - and those around him - to restrict easy entries

Our defence is disciplined and capable - I thought WCE only caught us out once when Howard was up against 2 of their talls, positioned between them to force a decision and got to the eventual target a touch late to effect a spoil

Dougs was not happy being exposed to a 2 on 1 contest

We have no KPP sized forward so will need quick entry to space and running onto the ball

Can we exploit the Essendon KPP defenders?

Because they will not have like for like opposition

It is going to be tough given our injuries but you are out there to win

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Need to keep stringer quiet

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Tell him that the jerk store rang and they ran out of him and if that doesn't work tell him you slept with his wife!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
BadRossco
Club Player

Looking at the lineups think we will look like pygmies compared to the ijectors so things might get ugly

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 25 Jul 2024 3:25pm Need to keep stringer quiet
Our midfield need to stop the ball getting down to the Dons forward line- a big ask

freely
SS Hall of Fame

I like dermie's idea better