Liam Ryan no penalty for Stocker hit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Liam Ryan no penalty for Stocker hit

Christian is obviously a Trump supporter. There's just no rationale to his decisions. He's probably had too many hits to the head.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2024 1:54pm Christian is obviously a Trump supporter. There's just no rationale to his decisions. He's probably had too many hits to the head.
Saw an SEN interview on utube. Guy is not an impartial technician. Sees himself/his role as an agent for change not an objective assessor of unfair play incidents against the current rules of the game. A worry this is now the AFL culture. Losing the plot. Certainly no introspection or respect for fans. Uses deflective irrelevant statistics in an almost comical way. As does Laura K and A. Dillion. They certainly seem trumped up clerks.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2024 1:54pm Christian is obviously a Trump supporter. There's just no rationale to his decisions. He's probably had too many hits to the head.

Well, Christian being a former filth player, says a lot but even the filth are not low lifes like Trump.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Had another look at that incident today- nothing reportable in it, just two players bumping hard into each other- Stocker was in an awkward position

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 23 Jul 2024 7:11pm Had another look at that incident today- nothing reportable in it, just two players bumping hard into each other- Stocker was in an awkward position
If it was 1994 I'd agree you, however in the current environment it was an action that could have caused a serious concussion or a broken jaw.

All the suspensions and the severity of fines are designed to try and reduce incidents of concussion. Stocker had to leave the ground and get assessed by the doctor. If Stocker wasn't such a tough bastard I reckon he might have failed his concussion test.

In the context of the AFL wanting to reduce these sorts of incidents...and demanding that players have a duty of care when it comes to head knocks, I think Ryan had a case to answer.

The court cases regarding concussion are mounting. The AFL has a crisis and that's why the nature of the game is changing.

King Max
Club Player

They kept it pretty quiet but Rowan Marshall was fined for striking Harley Reid. I assume it was just after the Stocker Ryan clash.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Wed 24 Jul 2024 7:40pm They kept it pretty quiet but Rowan Marshall was fined for striking Harley Reid. I assume it was just after the Stocker Ryan clash.
:wink: Good upon him.

SteeleSaints
Club Player

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 8:31pm No consistency in my humble opinion.
Looking at that incident I thought 2 weeks.
WTF that was a classic retracted old style shirt front, he was lucky Stocker wasnt concussed. Just having the one individual assessing these tribunual outcomes is so flawed, his incompetence borders on corrupt.