Liam Ryan no penalty for Stocker hit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

Liam Ryan no penalty for Stocker hit

No consistency in my humble opinion.

Looking at that incident I thought 2 weeks.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Liam Ryan no penalty for Stocker hit

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 8:31pm No consistency in my humble opinion.

Looking at that incident I thought 2 weeks.
Or at least one week.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He must be a good bloke

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 9:04pm He must be a good bloke
I suspect the gift handed over at the coin toss was a get out of jail pass, for two. Do not pass go; no character references needed.
Hope their plane ran out of water over Ballarat.

diddley
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 9:45pm
I suspect the gift handed over at the coin toss was a get out of jail pass, for two. Do not pass go; no character references needed.
Not sure if you have noticed, but we give gifts at the start of every game. Have done for about 3 years now.
Aunty Katrina started it when she took on the Indigenous Development Manager role.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 10:00pm
Yorkeys wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 9:45pm
Not sure if you have noticed, but we give gifts at the start of every game. Have done for about 3 years now.
Aunty Katrina started it when she took on the Indigenous Development Manager role.
I've been wondering what we, and other clubs, do with the gifts were/they're been given. Does anyone know? Do we/they ever re-gift if we/they don't like something?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

In the bin I reckon

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WTF is this a joke??
I mean really???? He blatantly hit his head - supposedly sacrosanct ?? Stocker had to leave the ground to be tested
What is the **** corrupt competition doing? Is it corrupt or incompetent…I am genuinely stunned.

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The commentators on Foxfooty are a riot aren’t they?

They were trying to say it was Stocker’s fault that Ryan hit him.

I’m dead serious. They didn’t use those words but they basically brushed it off at the time of the incident.

Liam Ryan leans into Stocker with his shoulder and gets Stocker in the side of the head…but somehow Stocker is to blame. I’m surprised Stocker wasn’t cited by the MRO and fined for his carelessness

There was a free kick paid just before the incident so apparently the head high contact doesn’t count.

Stocker is a tough bastard. He definitely felt the hit, but thankfully he didn’t get concussed.

The fact that it was an action that could cause serious injury is totally ignored by Michael Christian. Incompetent Idiot!!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Disgraceful

The reason the whole system is fkd

Christian gun shy this week due to the embarrassment of last week! He’s a moron. Plain and simple!

If stocker was KOd
It’d be 3 weeks - same action- different penalties- the AFL is a joke

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Max King round 2.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't matter if he had concussion or not. It was a deliberate hit. I think Christian is suffering from delayed concussion. He is a moron.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 11:14pm The commentators on Foxfooty are a riot aren’t they?

I’m dead serious. They didn’t use those words but they basically brushed it off at the time of the incident.

Liam Ryan leans into Stocker with his shoulder and gets Stocker in the side of the head…but somehow Stocker is to blame. I’m surprised Stocker wasn’t cited by the MRO and fined for his carelessness

There was a free kick paid just before the incident so apparently the head high contact doesn’t count.

Stocker is a tough bastard. He definitely felt the hit, but thankfully he didn’t get concussed.

The fact that it was an action that could cause serious injury is totally ignored by Michael Christian. Incompetent Idiot!!
Exactly. It was a "dead ball". A mark doesn't count nor does a goal. So a head high hit doesn't count either. Joke!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Next time there's a 'dead ball' and a St Kilda player throws an accidental round house or runs into an opposition player's head, no doubt Foxfooty's goons will be reacting the exact opposite.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/collingw ... c-15418314
Brayden Maynard elbowed Jack Ginnivan in the face when he was trying to fend off a tackle. How many weeks would that have been if Maynard was a St Kilda player?

Charlie Cameron and Toby Bedford both escaped penalties for dangerous tackles...and rightly so. Christian wanted to give them 3 weeks. They should never have been cited in the first place.

Jack Higgins is the only player this year to be suspended for 3 weeks for a legitimate and fair tackle...an act whereby you hold someone and bring them to ground. No slinging...no pinning of arms like Dangerfield

The fact that Aliir wanted to try and kick the ball (and essentially try a cartwheel in mid air propelling his head towards the turf) is out of Higgins control. Fkn stupid c***s

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Windhager and King both suspended for lesser incidents.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Move along nothing to see here.

Kings suspension for such a minor incident had a massive impact on our season. Just beaten Collingwood and King was playing really well. Next thing King is suspended and we lose by a kick the following week.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Move along nothing to see here.

Kings suspension for such a minor incident had a massive impact on our season. Just beaten Collingwood and King was playing really well. Next thing King is suspended and we lose by a kick the following week.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 11:11pm WTF is this a joke??
I mean really???? He blatantly hit his head - supposedly sacrosanct ?? Stocker had to leave the ground to be tested
What is the **** corrupt competition doing? Is it corrupt or incompetent…I am genuinely stunned.
Well its both depending on the issue.
Gillon was able to manage the cesspool's narrative. Current duo can't so its more obvious.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Ryan was trying to hurt someone all game. Nasty angry. Same same Reid, and he did for Liam Henry.
Old school umps might have warned them early then penalised them into submission.
I doubt either will try so hard to hurt against Sydney and GWS who both seem to have players who know how to deal with that behaviour.
Freo are developing a harder edge too, comes with bigger bodies all over the ground.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 7:55am
Scollop wrote: Sun 21 Jul 2024 11:14pm The commentators on Foxfooty are a riot aren’t they?

Exactly. It was a "dead ball". A mark doesn't count nor does a goal. So a head high hit doesn't count either. Joke!
Christian is brain dead... to borrow a phrase from Teflon :D

He just repeated the same bulldust we heard from the Foxfooty goons. It was Stocker's fault that Ryan clipped him.**

These are elite athletes we're talking about. If Ryan is good enough to 'veer away' then he's good enough to 'totally avoid' the collision.

Ryan invited the collision. He relished the collision. He targetted Stocker's head with his upper arm in the collision.

https://afl.sportsmatemobile.com/news/155549

"Ryan veers away from Stocker to avoid him but Stocker stumbles and accelerates forward and downward into Ryan's path."**

"Ryan braces for contact and a collision ensues."

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 8:57am Windhager and King both suspended for lesser incidents.
Yes, it’s a monumental failure of the judiciary and makes the AFL look soft and indecisive. The lack of integrity and inconsistency is driving people away from the game in droves.

Just decide on a policy and stick with it. I’d be happy if only the most brutal of hits were penalised. Whatever. Just be consistent.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Outrageous decision that won't raise an eyebrow with our brown nosing so called football experts.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Our game has serious issues when a perfectly executed tackle attracts a 3 week penalty and an elbow to the head cops a fine!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 3:44pm Our game has serious issues when a perfectly executed tackle attracts a 3 week penalty and an elbow to the head cops a fine!
Yep but look at the clubs that are copping the penalties.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 12:33pm
Beno88 wrote: Mon 22 Jul 2024 8:57am Windhager and King both suspended for lesser incidents.
Yes, it’s a monumental failure of the judiciary and makes the AFL look soft and indecisive. The lack of integrity and inconsistency is driving people away from the game in droves.

Just decide on a policy and stick with it. I’d be happy if only the most brutal of hits were penalised. Whatever. Just be consistent.
A consistency is the hair trigger approach that is applied to the Saints. Never any bs rationalisations rewriting observable history for us.Some of our suspensions are fair cop. Plenty are unfair.