Lance Collard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lance Collard

Who’s burying Collard?

Most acknowledge he’s made a mistake… I don’t see anyone suggesting he should be done.

As far as criticism goes… he copped it worse here following his last game

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We are not burying him (or excusing him)

But the AFL will!!!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:43pm We are not burying him (or excusing him)

But the AFL will!!!
Agreed it’s an easy target and club.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

This sort of stuff happens when a bloke is frustrated with his progress and his career...or things aren't right in his private life.

How much work was put it into building a relationship between St Kilda and Lance and St Kilda and the Collard family before we drafted him?

Did we know enough about Lance the person?

Have we helped to create the foundations for him to succeed as an AFL footballer?

SOS knew Carlton wanted this kid. I still think that was one of the main reasons we took him.

His punishment will be a part of his growth as an adult. I hope he uses his time away from playing to focus on his fitness and strength conditioning...and maybe a good mental health break
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:01pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 6:37pm Really long bow here, suggesting, hoping, pontificating that he may be the victim of racial slurs and that’s why he allegedly made the homophobic comments.

Until there is more information as to any provocation, and or an admission of guilt the above is speculation at very, very best.
And??? Is speculation banned on this forum. Geez I better apologise now. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you even know what pontificating means? :roll:
Why so salty saynta?

I don’t understand your angry rolling eyed response.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

skeptic wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:20pm Who’s burying Collard?

Most acknowledge he’s made a mistake… I don’t see anyone suggesting he should be done.

As far as criticism goes… he copped it worse here following his last game
No one is burying him, it’s just Curly being Curly.m 😂

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:53pm This sort of stuff happens when a bloke is frustrated with his progress and his career...or things aren't right in his private life.

How much work was put it into building a relationship between St Kilda and Lance and St Kilda and the Collard family before we drafted him?

Have we helped to create the foundations for him to succeed as an AFL footballer?

SOS knew Carlton wanted this kid. I still think that was one of the main reasons we took him.

His punishment will be a part of his growth as an adult. I hope he uses his time away from playing to focus on his fitness and strength conditioning...and maybe a good mental health break
Or maybe he’s just a player that lips off. Nothing too complicated just a player that was mouthing off at an opponent.

Happens every game every level.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:01pm
Scollop wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:53pm This sort of stuff happens when a bloke is frustrated with his progress and his career...or things aren't right in his private life.

Or maybe he’s just a player that lips off. Nothing too complicated just a player that was mouthing off at an opponent.

Some people are smart enough to mouth off with comments that won’t earn a lengthy suspension, others need to learn this.

It sounds like the young fella f***ed up (allegedly), I hope he learns the lesson and strives to not repeat the same mistake.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:04pm

Some people are smart enough to mouth off with comments that won’t earn a lengthy suspension, others need to learn this.

It sounds like the young fella f***ed up (allegedly), I hope he learns the lesson and strives to not repeat the same mistake.
Yep 19 year old Id be thinking a stern chat is about all that’s required.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 6:33pm I was always taught that whilst sticks and stones might break bones, words will never hurt. Seems that's not the case in this woke world. I agree with skeptic. I can only hope that the young man was reacting to racist slurs.
Says the straight white guy 🤦‍♂️

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Agreed. 👍 Maybe that's all it is and he goes on to be a premiership player for St Kilda
Last edited by Scollop on Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:12pm
saynta wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 6:33pm I was always taught that whilst sticks and stones might break bones, words will never hurt. Seems that's not the case in this woke world. I agree with skeptic. I can only hope that the young man was reacting to racist slurs.
Is that not ok.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think the ‘racial slur first’ defence is an extremely long bow, as I assume those perpetrators would be reported also.

Sounds like a frustrated young footballer who fell back on bad habits. The standard has been set this year re the length of suspension if found guilty so not much to whinge about.

Hopefully he’ll learn and improve.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:14pm
Is that not ok.
Just putting in context his “I don’t think homophobic/racial slurs are a big deal, they’re just words” statement.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

sks023 wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:07pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 6:43pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 6:37pm Really long bow here, suggesting, hoping, pontificating that he may be the victim of racial slurs and that’s why he allegedly made the homophobic comments.

Until there is more information as to any provocation, and or an admission of guilt the above is speculation at very, very best.
Agreed. And even if so… 2 wrongs don’t make a right
You mean two Wong's don't make it white .....O shut up I don't care......just a joke
:wink:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:19pm
Is that not ok.
Just putting in context his “I don’t think homophobic/racial slurs are a big deal, they’re just words” statement.
Or could be a gay indigenous female who just doesn’t think it’s a big deal

saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:56pm
saynta wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 7:01pm

And??? Is speculation banned on this forum. Geez I better apologise now. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you even know what pontificating means? :roll:
Why so salty saynta?

I don’t understand your angry rolling eyed response.
Purchased any parachutes lately?? :evil: :twisted: :|

saynta
Saintsational Legend

How did you come to the conclusion champ. :twisted:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Best mouthing off I have heard was when Michael Voss said to his brother."My dad slept with your mother last night."

Some people need to get a life.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:26pm
How did you come to the conclusion champ. :twisted:
Because you’ve revealed as much, and the internet never forgets, Stinger.

And empathy goes a long way.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Imagine if a criminal youth who has broken into a house and called an occupant the f... word

They might get a penalty

saint4life
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:19pm
Is that not ok.
Don't attribute words to me I didn't post. You really should get out more and start associating with real people not just maggots. :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Some of these analogies are wild

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Are you assuming a gender - or an orientation??

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 15 Jul 2024 8:35pm
Are you assuming a gender - or an orientation??
Nope.