swan thug.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: swan thug.

I am sick to death of al the whinging and crying over over a swine suspension.

Do the crime, then do the time and STFU.

No one carries on like this over a Saint getting suspended.

The Brownlow rot is just that, garbage. He was no certainty to win and his form on the weekend wouldn't or shouldn't have got him a vote in an unbiased system.

The lowest article I have seen was from an asswhipe suggesting that while Heeney was no longer eligible, Webster was.

ace
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2024 6:20pm I still sadly remember Robert Harvey’s speech when he won his first Brownlow Medal. Chris Grant received more votes than Harves, Grant had been reported & suspended during the year so he was ineligible to win the Charlie.

Poor Harves, the humble man that he was/is, said words to the effect that he wasn’t worthy recipient , and it was a hollow victory for him. I cried for poor Harves being placed in that position. So much of night was talking & focusing the votes Grant was accumulating & it would be such an injustice if he was denied a Brownlow. Even the week before the media was all poor Grant not being eligible, he was the media darling.

It was so sad to see Harves thinking he wasn’t a worthy recipient, on the night.

No doubt it steeled our great Rob Harvey, to make sure he won it in his own right the following season.

It annoyed me to see so much focus on Grant that night & in the papers the following day. Like it annoyed me last Saturday evening, how at the end of the match after Saints beat the Swans, the TV cameras kept focusing mostly on the Swans players looking all dejected & despondent more than the victorious Saints. I bet it stuck in their gizzard that they had to interview ecstatic Saints players on the oval a not a Swan player. Possibly they had to get their cameras & interviewers quickly out of the Swans rooms & into the Saints rooms……. Ha ha 🤣
What really pissed me off was that if you get reported the umpire can not give you Brownlow votes.
Grant's opponent was best on ground until Grant late drive by coat hangered him pretending that he was attempting to spoil Holland marking.
When Grant fist plowed into Holland's face the ball had fallen to waist level.
Holland was knocked out cold, without his opponent Grant took control of the match to finish BOG.
If the umpire had done his job then, and reported Grant, Grant gets no Brownlow votes for the game and Harvey wins outright.

Harves was fully worthy of the Brownlow, Grant had no right to be even considered.
Those who whinge for Grant are dog turds.

I don't see how I can embed an .mpg file of the incident.
Tell me how and I will show you how blatant it was.
Last edited by ace on Sat 13 Jul 2024 12:49am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

In the end, the thug act has been declared illegal and the see hunt has a week off. :roll: :roll:

next.

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

Jeez, if we are calling Heeney a thug we’d better reconsider making the game a non contact sport.

First suspension in close to 200 matches isn’t it?

He swung his arm, hit Webster and got an appropriate penalty IMO, despite the conspiracy theorists on this site who said he’d get off the charge and the media pressing his case.

Time to move on me thinks.

Thug
noun

a violent, aggressive person, especially one who is a criminal.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2024 12:56pm Jeez, if we are calling Heeney a thug we’d better reconsider making the game a non contact sport.

First suspension in close to 200 matches isn’t it?

He swung his arm, hit Webster and got an appropriate penalty IMO, despite the conspiracy theorists on this site who said he’d get off the charge and the media pressing his case.

Time to move on me thinks.

Thug
noun

a violent, aggressive person, especially one who is a criminal.
Twice in the past the Swan player has received fines for illegal acts, so he is clearly not without guilt.

Shows that fines as not the answer.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Personally… I’d have been happy enough to get the free on the contest and stop that goal

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 13 Jul 2024 1:08pm Twice in the past the Swan player has received fines for illegal acts, so he is clearly not without guilt.

Shows that fines as not the answer.
Slight amendment...Shows the amount of the fines is not addressing the issue...
Start at $2k and keep doubling it for each infringement.
And fine the club too!
Club fines double for each fine regardless of the player that infringed.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What about no Brownlow votes in any game a player is suspended (regardless if he was best on ground) as then he wouldn't comply with the fairest component of the award for that game. Then if he missed 1 or 5 matches, etc, he is still eligible but just made it harder for himself to win.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!