Laura Kane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Laura Kane

Out of her depth and an absolute joke!

Professional on 1M per year, uses inappropriate language in a presser - all good!

Sending a great message

Ross should tell a reporter to get fkd this week!!!

She tries to sell a positive message that the comp is fair and even and everything is great

Umpiring and rules - a complete mess - only comp in the world that changes rules in season to appease some coaches

And to fundamentally change the game with continual rule changes year on year!

Compromised drafts - to look after expansion clubs and underperforming clubs

Uneven draw - our draw was fkn horrible first 8 weeks

The game is a fkn mess atm - and she is a joke - HTF she got that job Is beyond me!!!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Laura Kane

The AFL is a pisstake in terms of fairness and transparency

Our draw was horrendous as you posted. To those morons saying the travel and short breaks have no effect why the f*** to all the coaches and football experts keep mentioning them then.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Our draw was horrible- interstate (and Geelong) every other week to start the year - short breaks!

But who gives a fk about us

It’s all about big clubs and blockbusters

AFL is just a marketing and betting industry

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 5:26pm Out of her depth and an absolute joke!

Professional on 1M per year, uses inappropriate language in a presser - all good!

Sending a great message

Ross should tell a reporter to get fkd this week!!!

She tries to sell a positive message that the comp is fair and even and everything is great

Umpiring and rules - a complete mess - only comp in the world that changes rules in season to appease some coaches

And to fundamentally change the game with continual rule changes year on year!

Compromised drafts - to look after expansion clubs and underperforming clubs

Uneven draw - our draw was fkn horrible first 8 weeks

The game is a fkn mess atm - and she is a joke - HTF she got that job Is beyond me!!!
i have posted before that the job is too big for her and she should be given the DCM

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Geez, the victim mentality amongst a section of Saints supporters is out of control!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Killa
Club Player

There needs to be a total clean out from the top down.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 7:04pm Geez, the victim mentality amongst a section of Saints supporters is out of control!
Just as well that you are not a Saints supporter, eh?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

She reminds me of Arthur Tunstall.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 7:05pm There needs to be a total clean out from the top down.
Agree.
There is no sign LK has any original ideas or grasp on the big picture. Just reactionary.

Putting a lawyer in charge of an organisation like the AFL is nuts. Dillon is a technocrat not a leader, no self confidence, clearly out of his depth, captured by big clubs, umpires, betting and mainly broadcasters. Sad. Can see why it took 12 months to select him. Possibly weighing up lack of ability vs absolute sycophancy to betting and broadcasting.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

They’re all technocrats/bureaucrats with no skin in the game.

Any one with an ounce of talent runs their own business.

Killa
Club Player

The standout among successful business is the ability and capacity of the Board

And, on a Board, courtesy of the responsibilities and that no one is expert on everything, the Board Members are appointed because of their expertise, complementing the performance of the Board across its responsibilities

Those responsibilities are, in the first instance, to Shareholders

The Board appoints the personnel who are responsible for the day to day operations of the business, those Senior personnel reporting to the Board

In terms of the operations of the business, the requirements are that business profile is maintained and enhanced, that the costs of supporting the business model are reviewed as best practice to deliver the business model to its client base

And, of course, engaging with your employees (who are the face of your business to its markets from suppliers to consumers)

This is only a brief description

Suffice to say all business is subject to on going review as fit for purpose (as indeed, are households and government)

It is my view that the AFL does not know what its market is and is reactionary accordingly

The AFL is therefore dictated to - by Clubs and media

The missing element being those who support the Code

And that missing element should be the driver because without an audience there is no product

The attendances at some games masks a far larger problem for the AFL and the competition which is at the core

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I’m far from victim mentality - or an apologist

I put all of our failures fair square on us!!! Much to the chagrin of many on here

But I’m not talking about StK (other than referencing us to point out inequality in the fixture)

I am talking about the state of the game

It sucks!!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 8:22pm The standout among successful business is the ability and capacity of the Board
Don't mean to be rude, but this focus on boards is typical of the rent-seeking behavior that plagues this country and limits competition.

What about the importance of the underlying business and the ability to create customer value rather than the composition of the board?

The board matters, sure, but what really counts is a firm's ability to maintain strong, defensible market positions and generate consistent cash flows over long periods.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

Laura Kan't do the job. One of the worst examples of tokenism, ever.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Tommyj
Club Player

There will be considerable fallout coming soon if this game isn't fixed people will start switching off and will be too late to get them back ,all I can say to the AFL is WAKE UP you greedy ..... may as well put putin in charge

66Iwasthere
Club Player

A few people here, who think they know better, getting their knickers in a twist.

older saint
SS Life Member

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 7:56pm
Killa wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 7:05pm There needs to be a total clean out from the top down.
Agree.
There is no sign LK has any original ideas or grasp on the big picture. Just reactionary.

Putting a lawyer in charge of an organisation like the AFL is nuts. Dillon is a technocrat not a leader, no self confidence, clearly out of his depth, captured by big clubs, umpires, betting and mainly broadcasters. Sad. Can see why it took 12 months to select him. Possibly weighing up lack of ability vs absolute sycophancy to betting and broadcasting.
The commission want to control everything hence why they put the yes people in there like Dillon. He then appoints Kane as she knows she is out of her depth and will do what those above and the spin doctors tell her.

The bets candidate was Brendon Gale but he wont roll over to the commission and do what they want for their own interest so he had no chance.

Read "The Boys Club" by Michael Warner and you will understand how it works and how a crook like Demetriou who was worse then Joe Biden in front of the Senate committee is even being considered for the commission role.

Killa
Club Player

The response of a contributor would indicate that the response has not been considered in full

And perhaps because the response is based on a bias and a jealousy of those who assume to Board of Director status

Simply, sitting at the top and responsible accordingly is a Board of Directors

That some Boards of Directors lack the necessary competence across their responsibilities is a given

The AFL, as a “mates network” qualifies as incompetent not serving as I have described

So not having a focus on those who drive revenue being the audience, an audience which attracts advertisers to those who broadcast the product and pay the consideration for those broadcast rights

Killa
Club Player

Perhaps you could offer Trump in front of a jury instead of a clearly partisan reference to Biden, a reference to Biden which has no credibility because Biden is the President (noting that unlike Trump, Biden observes the Laws of the Country and is responsible to the Laws of the Country)

It is not Biden embroiled in never ending Court actions and judgements courtesy of a life in business and personal events, events which have seen how much paid away and to how many?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I think that the AFL is in trouble.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The response of a self important contributor sounded like theoretical corporate wank and ideological fraud that needs to be called out.

Same goes for the partisan rubbish on the senile, demented, corrupt and hair sniffing kleptocrat whose country has gone down on their watch over the last 40 years. Needs a history lesson on their congressional voting and legislative record and what US Senators actually do and for whom. Think what you want about Trump; it's just more type 1 error. Trump is not the cause of America's ills; he's a symptom.

Drain the Saintsaitional swamp!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

**** Laura off

“Yeah….nah””
ace
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 8:22pm The standout among successful business is the ability and capacity of the Board

And, on a Board, courtesy of the responsibilities and that no one is expert on everything, the Board Members are appointed because of their expertise, complementing the performance of the Board across its responsibilities

Those responsibilities are, in the first instance, to Shareholders

The Board appoints the personnel who are responsible for the day to day operations of the business, those Senior personnel reporting to the Board

In terms of the operations of the business, the requirements are that business profile is maintained and enhanced, that the costs of supporting the business model are reviewed as best practice to deliver the business model to its client base

And, of course, engaging with your employees (who are the face of your business to its markets from suppliers to consumers)

This is only a brief description

Suffice to say all business is subject to on going review as fit for purpose (as indeed, are households and government)

It is my view that the AFL does not know what its market is and is reactionary accordingly

The AFL is therefore dictated to - by Clubs and media

The missing element being those who support the Code

And that missing element should be the driver because without an audience there is no product

The attendances at some games masks a far larger problem for the AFL and the competition which is at the core
I thought the job of the Board was to tick all the woke boxes required to complete the ESG requirements

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
St Dave
Club Player

A lot of nonsense in this thread, maybe need to be shut down before it goes fully off the deep end.

The comp is incredibly even this year, that 12+ teams can still possibly make the 8 this late in the season is basically unprecedented, the to 8 is normally basically locked by round 10 or something.

The change to htb is a concussion reduction decision to try to avoid standing players being thrown to the ground. If you want to talk about what might kill our game, the biggest threat at the moment is the threat of class action concussion lawsuits.

Drafts are always compromised for expansion clubs and chronic underperformers. And only now are they looking at fixing how insanely cheap father sons and academy drafting is, so that sounds like a tick to me.

And good thing a season is played over more than just 8 rounds. Sure parts of the first 8 weeks were interesting (you say rough but only 3 of 8 were outside Vic), but between round 15 and 24 we only play away from Marvel once, so I guess it all balances out (as it always does).

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Season cooked by then. Starting with a soft draw is better than finishing with a soft draw.

Eg 2023 compared to 2024

If your are done early it’s harder to recover