Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Seb Ross

Been a fantastic player and clubman for an extended period. In times now gone he would have generally been an automatic inclusion when available. Yesterday he was overlooked and at his age where to now for him.

Does he have a future with us or does he have a suitor at another club?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seb Ross

He will go to North

He will be back in the seniors this week

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 9:33am He will go to North

Would be happy if he found a home.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Is someone injured? If not - No Change

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Windhager - hamstring

Wilson needs a spell

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Okay, I forgot about Windy. Out Windy in Ross or Jones.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
seano1
Club Player

Still only 31 …..while people are quick to piss our players off by trading …..it’s highly unlikely that another club would want to sign him and realistically we need him to stay …we still need guys playing at Sandy showing younger ones what is expected of them and a bit of direction

B.M
Saintsational Legend

North will definitely take him for some experience and a big body to mix with Wardlaw Sheezel and McKercher and help out LDU

He will replace Sheils 1 who is fkn hopeless

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 3:38pm Still only 31 …..while people are quick to piss our players off by trading …..it’s highly unlikely that another club would want to sign him and realistically we need him to stay …we still need guys playing at Sandy showing younger ones what is expected of them and a bit of direction
Yep. If it were up to me, he’d get another year, along with Membrey and Webster. I assume Crouch’s body won’t allow him to go on.

I’d also go all out to keep Battle. But I’m a conservative: I don’t like change for change’s salt. I don’t believe in delisting guys who’ve contributed a lot to the club unless we are in desperate need of list space.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Jacks Back wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 10:16am

Is someone injured? If not - No Change
Windhager is injured, Ross is probably the best for like replacement as he can tag Adelaide's best midfielder.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
BadRossco
Club Player

Would prefer Garcia to replace Windy, Byrnes with likely stay so one ball butcher is enough Seb and Jones will be fine at Sandy

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 9:14am Been a fantastic player and clubman for an extended period. In times now gone he would have generally been an automatic inclusion when available. Yesterday he was overlooked and at his age where to now for him.

Agree with the first part, Curly, but I fear his future lies elsewhere.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2024 1:25am
CURLY wrote: Mon 08 Jul 2024 9:14am Been a fantastic player and clubman for an extended period. In times now gone he would have generally been an automatic inclusion when available. Yesterday he was overlooked and at his age where to now for him.

I wonder though NDSC…
With the talent pool diluted as much as it is, it seems to me that you have your top 26 and say… 6-7 younger prospects. Anymore than that seems to result in a plethora of players that are nowhere close to near it staying on the list for an extended period. It’s becoming increasingly appealing to me that rather than have another Allison and others hang around offering little… maybe it’s worth having a core of senior players ala Ross, Campbell, Membrey, Stocker etc stay on the list as depth but also spearhead the standards and drive at Sandy in a bid to enhance development.

I don’t think Ross is in the top 22 anymore… but geeez I’m pretty happy to see him bring his professionalism to and crush it at Sandy whilst also being able to rely on him to come in in a crisis and do a job.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I agree he is just the type you need, hanging around to assist in the development of the younger players and back up if we have horrendous injury counts like we've had in the early parts of 2023-4.

I see him as another Tom Campbell. An "in case of emergency, break glass-type."
I would he be happy to have him play this role, which means playing for Sandringham for a significant part of the season.

Another club, such as Norf or the tiggies, might get him in to assist in the development of their kids. He'll always be a good clubman and role model wherever he ends up.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2024 1:34am
Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2024 1:25am

I wonder though NDSC…
With the talent pool diluted as much as it is, it seems to me that you have your top 26 and say… 6-7 younger prospects. Anymore than that seems to result in a plethora of players that are nowhere close to near it staying on the list for an extended period. It’s becoming increasingly appealing to me that rather than have another Allison and others hang around offering little… maybe it’s worth having a core of senior players ala Ross, Campbell, Membrey, Stocker etc stay on the list as depth but also spearhead the standards and drive at Sandy in a bid to enhance development.

I don’t think Ross is in the top 22 anymore… but geeez I’m pretty happy to see him bring his professionalism to and crush it at Sandy whilst also being able to rely on him to come in in a crisis and do a job.
Only trouble with that Skeptic is that players like Ross and Membrey who previously earned big amounts would be unlikely to want a pay packet commensurate to their new reduced output.
I.e they might be prepared to go from say $500k to $300k whilst a rookie earns less than half that.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Terrific clubman.

Played a lot of his career as our primary midfielder when in reality, he should have been or third of fourth.

Certainly fought hard and punched above his weight.

Bad management is bad management
B.M
Saintsational Legend

He made the AA squad in 2017 and averaged 30ppg

That year he matched it with the best

Actually, for a 4 year period he was outstanding