Sandringham v Sin city.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham v Sin city.

Think moose did an ankle that quarter . sandy had all the footy but failed to really take advantage and score.

Reckon they are playing two short though as Allison and Collard are a couple of read duds. Allison is effing hopeless and Collard carries on like a spoilt two year old brat.

Garcia and Campbell are Sandy's two best .
Last edited by saynta on Sun 07 Jul 2024 3:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandringham v Sin city.

Shitney by 7 points. 11.9 TO 10 8 with Campbell kicking the last two goals. Sandy had enough of the footy to win though with Jones, Garcia and Ross doing the grunt work around the packs.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 07 Jul 2024 3:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I watched about two-thirds of the game and I thought the Zebs played pretty well in bursts. It was the old, old story: they would have won well if they had taken their chances. Some of the non-AFL players, along with Allison, just don't seem to have the skills to be able to execute properly under pressure, even though the pressure that Sydney was applying was nothing special.

Jones, Ross and especially Garcia went well in the midfield. Campbell was his usual dominating self at VFL level. Hastie did some good things too. Keeler and Heath were ok, but not outstanding. Collard achieved nothing as per usual: what is the problem with him? He seems to have all the attributes of a good crumber, but he hardly ever lays his hands on the ball and, when he does, he usually stuffs it up.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2024 2:06pm Think moose did an ankle that quarter . sandy had all the footy but failed to really take advantage and score.

Reckon they are playing two short though as Allison and Couthard are a couple of read duds. Allison is effing hopeless and Couthard carries on like a spoilt two year old brat.

Garcie and Campbell are Sandy's two best .
If Couthard and Garcie are any good, we should look at picking them up next year 😉

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I've been hugely critical of Seb, but I'm shocked he was dropped as I thought he was the Golden Child.

Seb brought his talents to the Zebs to further hamper their chances

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2024 4:13pm I've been hugely critical of Seb, but I'm shocked he was dropped as I thought he was the Golden Child.

Seb brought his talents to the Zebs to further hamper their chances
30 possessions....not too much of a hamper. :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Collard was always going to be a long term prospect. Kid is very slight

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2024 3:23pm I watched about two-thirds of the game and I thought the Zebs played pretty well in bursts. It was the old, old story: they would have won well if they had taken their chances. Some of the non-AFL players, along with Allison, just don't seem to have the skills to be able to execute properly under pressure, even though the pressure that Sydney was applying was nothing special.

Jones, Ross and especially Garcia went well in the midfield. Campbell was his usual dominating self at VFL level. Hastie did some good things too. Keeler and Heath were ok, but not outstanding. Collard achieved nothing as per usual: what is the problem with him? He seems to have all the attributes of a good crumber, but he hardly ever lays his hands on the ball and, when he does, he usually stuffs it up.
Lance is tiny and needs it to go his way. His body language at training is terrible. He just looks like a sad kid - I’m convinced he’ll be back in WA in 2026

Go you red, black & white warriors
Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2024 8:08pm Collard was always going to be a long term prospect. Kid is very slight
I just hope he doesn't do a 'Jamie Cripps" to us. Lay low for a couple of years then piss off home.

The early signs are not good. The kid has a ton of natural ability, but having seen him play twice, his body language and general demeanour have been very ordinary.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
George27
Club Player

meher baba wrote: Sun 07 Jul 2024 3:23pm I watched about two-thirds of the game and I thought the Zebs played pretty well in bursts. It was the old, old story: they would have won well if they had taken their chances. Some of the non-AFL players, along with Allison, just don't seem to have the skills to be able to execute properly under pressure, even though the pressure that Sydney was applying was nothing special.

With Windhager likely out with hammy, which of Jones, Ross and Garcia do you think will come in to replace him? With an eye to the future I hope it is Garcia . RTB gave him a shot early ; query if he feels that , like Mattaes, he has ticked enough boxes at Sandy.