King knee injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: King knee injury

Scollop wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 12:36pm
Killa wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 11:58am Just goes to highlight "key board warriors" including by confirming that their opinions are nothing more nor nothing less than abject rubbish.

They know nothing.

In fact, for their mental health well being and the safety and integrity of those they actually come into physical contact with they should find another meaning to their lives other than their consumption with football.

It was obvious last weekend that King was struggling physically including going to ground in the contest and, as I contributed to this site in his defence, he appeared to be carrying an injury (either shoulder or knee given his history).
Bulldust. Once you've put your hand up to play you work through your pain and you earn your keep. You don't play from behind and you don't get out marked by guys much shorter than you.

Most of King's problems are in his head

You being a mental health expert...I would have thought you'd have picked that up
s*** post

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
ace
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 1:36pm The complete lack of compassion for the guy shown by Scollop, 6oclock, DB & chook23 is a revelation, but not completely surprising I suppose. Poor form.
You left me out

If you can't play for any reason or excuse, you are of no use.
Trade him for whatever you can get.
Might get a third rounder.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 3:03pm
Yorkeys wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 1:36pm The complete lack of compassion for the guy shown by Scollop, 6oclock, DB & chook23 is a revelation, but not completely surprising I suppose. Poor form.
You left me out

If you can't play for any reason or excuse, you are of no use.
Your taking the piss.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I note that "Footy On Nine" went with the headline

"Struggling Saints lose $800k star for rest of season"

How appalling is that? Beyond words........

Sanctorum
Club Player

It's inevitable that King rested for remainder of the season, ostensibly due to a knee ligament issue that will not require surgery, will draw speculation that it is in fact more related to his mental health - his body language has betrayed misery for a very long time.

If the latter reason then I believe it's appropriate for the club to give him an extensive spell away from the game, because the media (and a fair few fans) have been giving him a hard time for a long time, and that wasn't going to ease off if he continued to play without improvement in his form.

It might also reduce the media's loud criticism of the overall team performance, low scoring, overly defensive game plans and poor culture in the playing group that has occurred repeatedly in the past month.

I find it quite bizarre that on Fox Footy shows this week commentators have got stuck into the players and the club in general for having a bad culture, because I'm quite sure that if Steele and Higgins had kicked 3 goals instead of behinds St Kilda in all likelihood would have won the game and none of this brouhaha would have occurred!

Incredible that a 2 point loss to a team with a stellar midfield and substantial clearance advantage brought on such an avalanche of negative commentary.

A classic case of doors sliding the wrong way for our footy team....

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
asiu
Saintsational Legend

the Sainters 'n wrong way sliding doors
seems to be a bit of a thing

an ongoing well practiced communal negativity creation

awwwwww :cry:

poor saints fans

must be tough being 24/7 victims
of (y)our own creative skills

gaz bows to the brilliance of it

c'arn the Devils

:P :P

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

(accept for a blackfella)

is that what i actually read
or
am i mistaken

i've been mis-taken before
Kingy is worth more than a third rounder

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

See you next year Max.

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
repta
Club Player

Lets hope that some time away from the game can clear up his '"knee"

He clearly needs a break as his troublesome "knee" has clearly been getting to him for a while. The Saints have pinned him as the messiah from day one. The weight of living up to that expectation has been on show through the frustrations on show (poor body language, efforts etc).

His "knee" issue also goes into the reports of StKilda leaking that they want to sign for long term this week. Football is a tough game and running with a massive expectation fueled by the media spotlight is difficult and taxing. He clearly needs some time away.

Hopefully he can get that time away. Hopefully he can get his 'knee' fixed.

(note to the Saints Media - It would have been better to use his issues shoulder which are apparent rather than give him another aliment).

older saint
SS Life Member

Was right in front of me when injured his knee early in the third quarter when went low to mark a kick that didn't carry - poor kick into the forward line who would have thought- got up but was very proppy for a while after and limped for some time that quarter. Not surprised as was an impact into the turf which is often how that ligament gets damaged.
Go away , rest up get the body right and do a full pre season not coming back form some major injury ( last 2 years have inv9olved shoulder surgeries )

All speculation about mental health is poor form and is nothing more than what we all bag journalists for - make stuff up and hope some of it is true. Even if true none of anyone's business.

There is one thing to question performance and effort, which i don't think is unreasonable with King this season but some of the crap beyond that is the StKilda of the 80s mentality - plays bad, get rid of them, doesn't live up to what non experts think get rid of them, how'd that work for us?
Dean Rice- Premiership player
Russell Greene- Premiership player
Adrian Fletcher - played many more productive seasons and finals with Brisbane.
just off the top of my head.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Irrespective of the reasons it's manifestly not good when a marquee player/great white hope fails to get on the field and struggles to deilver when he does. See Paddy McCartin.

Extending the contract now on huge coin, based on nothing but potential, would be a big mistake.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

While I haven’t been as a big a King basher this season as some, I certainly don’t think he’s now absolved for all criticism.

His form this season has been mediocre at best.

This injury may explain his poor output last match, but it doesn’t explain a seasons worth.

Bad management is bad management
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 2:14pm
Scollop wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 12:36pm
Killa wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 11:58am Just goes to highlight "key board warriors" including by confirming that their opinions are nothing more nor nothing less than abject rubbish.

They know nothing.

In fact, for their mental health well being and the safety and integrity of those they actually come into physical contact with they should find another meaning to their lives other than their consumption with football.

It was obvious last weekend that King was struggling physically including going to ground in the contest and, as I contributed to this site in his defence, he appeared to be carrying an injury (either shoulder or knee given his history).
Bulldust. Once you've put your hand up to play you work through your pain and you earn your keep. You don't play from behind and you don't get out marked by guys much shorter than you.

Most of King's problems are in his head

You being a mental health expert...I would have thought you'd have picked that up
What a load of horse s***. If he has a PCL tear then it would be near impossible to try and hold front position in a marking contest, don't care how mentally tough you are, mechanically it would be impossible
When did he incur the injury?

If he had the tear prior to starting the game, why are we risking him if he has an injury?

bergsone
SS Life Member

How many has he missed through injuries since we drafted him.Seems a lot,kid hasnt had much luck

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Misson said the pcl tear was on the same knee that Max had a problem with earlier in the year, but the injuries were unrelated.

A few other people mentioned it happened early in the third quarter and the footy boss confirmed that...so for all the apologists and those thinking that some of us are being too critical of his recent form and his first half against Port...

Carry on

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

He has shown some issues managing his self confidence and I think that shows at times. I get annoyed at his effort in games.

But he's had several injuries, interrupted preseasons, played injured to finish last year...ya dont have a dig when your enemy falls and ya sure as hell dont take swings at your own. We're Aussies and fairness, mateship and loyalty are traits we're known for globally! Lets act like it.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 8:52pm ...
and fairness, mateship and loyalty are traits we're known for globally! Lets act like it.
Yep. Fairness and mateship really helped us keep our champions at St Kilda when there was word that a few at the top were chewing into the salary cap

All of Goddard's and Dal Santo's mates put their hands up to take a fair pay cut. Loyalty and mateship really helped St Kilda retain Goddard and Nick Dal Santo...NOT!!

Mateship and loyalty really helped Goose Maguire and X Clarke and Luke Ball too.

And Max King... he'll come back in 2025 and he'll repay the faith that St Kilda have shown in him and he'll be loyal to the club and to his mates by taking a pay cut and helping St Kilda on the path to putting together a team worthy of being challengers

saynta
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 1:51pm

They know nothing.

He was injured at the start of the third quarter, so it doesn’t explain away his first half

Of course we want his mental health to be ok I have not seen any abusive posts about his form and future, just concerns and questions
I believe he was injured in the first quarter, not the third. Got further damaged in the third
Last edited by saynta on Wed 03 Jul 2024 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Misson said it was early in the 3rd

https://www.afl.com.au/video/1163228/fo ... 9988153001

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 11:31am
Play him higher!
What do you suggest? LSD, Oxy, MDMA???

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

|With four minutes on the clock and the game -- perhaps the season -- on the line (Port was one point up), Max, frustrated with being ooutmarked again, delivered a late hit and gave away a crucial free (Owens had marked but the kick was reversed). That can'r be blamed on a dodgy knee.

I have been a fan and I hope he stays but criticism is fair and warranted, no matter how bad it makes him feel.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 9:52pm
B.M wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 11:31am
Play him higher!
What do you suggest? LSD, Oxy, MDMA???
Gen Y Millennial's favourite

:lol: :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yes yes it’s a mental health cover up…

The Saints spearhead injured his knee just after half-time of last Sunday’s contest against Port Adelaide, playing through the setback before subsequent swelling and a scan yesterday afternoon revealed a full tear to his left PCL.

King will be in a full brace for three weeks to help the ligament “glue up” before reintroducing a range of motion and reloading to the knee in the weeks afterward, and pleasingly will not require any surgery to attack the upcoming pre-season unaffected.

“Yeah….nah””
saintbob
SS Life Member

Get him in the gym now and get Big Fraser in as his gym buddy and mentor!!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 03 Jul 2024 10:43pm Yes yes it’s a mental health cover up…

The Saints spearhead injured his knee just after half-time of last Sunday’s contest against Port Adelaide, playing through the setback before subsequent swelling and a scan yesterday afternoon revealed a full tear to his left PCL.

King will be in a full brace for three weeks to help the ligament “glue up” before reintroducing a range of motion and reloading to the knee in the weeks afterward, and pleasingly will not require any surgery to attack the upcoming pre-season unaffected.
Can't wait to see how Max goes in the pre season, it's become my favourite season.