On The Couch tonight is a must watch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickey
Club Player

On The Couch tonight is a must watch

Lyon, Brown and Jordan Lewis were spot on tonight. Our problem is effort, care factor and love for your team mates. We are not a happy cohesive group. That was our home game and our team as a whole just had to put in for 4 quarters, get around each other and intimidate the opposition.. we didn't. I keep hearing we don't have the talent but that doesn't excuse EFFORT !
I wouldn't mind Johnno Brown spending some time with our forwards just quietly....

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: On The Couch tonight is a must watch

Here was I thinking we are the fittest team in it?!

Talk of elite standards under RTB

Best pre season of any club as a result

Hmm 🤔

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It's just St Kilda being St Kilda, which probably translates as the club being their usual incompetent selves.

Next time i'm at the club i'll check if they are extending the Wooden Spoons cabinet as part of future planning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I think our problem is we don't have any players who are match winners.
I don't think we've had any since Riewoldt retired.
And our Captains , whilst good leaders haven't had the ability to lift their sides when it is needed to win a game of football. Wilkie and Geary can/could only inspire by giving their all and Steele whilst playing a high standard has never been able to grab the game by the short and curlies , kick a couple and set up a few more to get us over the line .

In red white and black from 73
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Saint Kilda bashing is all in vogue and the three piled on as scripted.
Their points were flimsy. The Hawthorn arse kissing nauseating. How do they know what Max did or didn't say to Butler, then he got quickly back to position. Beat up.
At least they measured Lord's mark as going well under 15m which was obvious. Caused a goal in a 2 point game.
It was like an add for Josh to leave mean spirited Saints and join the fun loving Hawks. All three including the ex Hawk were virtually egging Josh on to go have fun in a side coached by a mastermind with intricate ploys and wiles. The one that recently coughed up a 50+ point lead to the same vibrant comeraderie of Port, who beat us by a similar margin. Port coach was weeping with relief, he knew he had been in a contest and JHF saved his arse. Happy Hawks, Happy Power, Sad Saints.
Give us a break.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We’ve won games. Players have played well in those games.

Sinclair - Gun and Dual AA
Marshall - Gun and in the AA squad last season
Wilkie - Gun and AA last year
Steele - Gun and AA in 2020 & 2021

NWM - Gun and future AA

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 12:05am Saint Kilda bashing is all in vogue and the three piled on as scripted.
Their points were flimsy. The Hawthorn arse kissing nauseating. How do they know what Max did or didn't say to Butler, then he got quickly back to position. Beat up.
At least they measured Lord's mark as going well under 15m which was obvious. Caused a goal in a 2 point game.
It was like an add for Josh to leave mean spirited Saints and join the fun loving Hawks. All three including the ex Hawk were virtually egging Josh on to go have fun in a side coached by a mastermind with intricate ploys and wiles. The one that recently coughed up a 50+ point lead to the same vibrant comeraderie of Port, who beat us by a similar margin. Port coach was weeping with relief, he knew he had been in a contest and JHF saved his arse. Happy Hawks, Happy Power, Sad Saints.
Give us a break.
This post is 💯 on point.

Port and Hinckley have been in the news for ages, with the sword of Damocles hanging over their coach.

Having just scraped in, with the 'newsworthy' (cough cough) Iceman playing a blinder, the game provided great fodder for these 3 guys.

I can imagine their planning meeting, salivating over all the stuff they could invent.
Invent some 'discord' at the Saints, and relief for ugly Towball coach.

They're like vultures, these 3 blokes

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Garry Lyon's frustration with King was on point. Said we'd been talking about this FOR THREE YEARS.

And yeah, we have.

Max doesn't lead, gets muscled out of contests, is not fond of second efforts, he twirls the ball before set shots and gets aggro at inapproriate times.

All these things are fixable so why the hell haven't they been fixed?

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 4:13am Garry Lyon's frustration with King was on point. Said we'd been talking about this FOR THREE YEARS.

And yeah, we have.

Max doesn't lead, gets muscled out of contests, is not fond of second efforts, he twirls the ball before set shots and gets aggro at inapproriate times.

How can you not include mention of his serious injuries and the immense efforts the opposition always put into him. Don't buy into Lyon's narrative. Melbourne would give anything to have a fwd like Max, how come Melbourne were not criticised last evening, because it's his club and the go is to try to break Max? Let's see an honest appraisal of Danniher and Hipwood by Brown. How would they go in our side that can't kick like the BNE mids.How dominant were Lord, TMarshall and Georgiadis?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Why do so many instantly play the victim card as soon as some criticism is pointed our way?

We're 15th!!!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

lol

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 9:56am Why do so many instantly play the victim card as soon as some criticism is pointed our way?

We're 15th!!!
Fair cop.

Better to be a passive punching bag for media carpet baggers.

Self flagellation is what we deserve because the list is lacking.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 9:56am Why do so many instantly play the victim card as soon as some criticism is pointed our way?

We're 15th!!!
The competition is as even as I can remember

Last year was similar to this year in that after Rd 16 ... 15 sides had % above 92

We have played 15 games and have lost 6 games under 10pts and won 2 by less than 10pts ..... another 4 games have had a margin of 20pts to 10pts ... 2 wins & 2 losses
there

Essendon sit 4th with % under 100% .... Adelaide sit 14th with a % over 100%

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Killa
Club Player

And for all that we sit 3 games out of the 8

Having lost how many by less than a goal?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Hey were are in free fall.

Get with the programme

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 4:13am Garry Lyon's frustration with King was on point. Said we'd been talking about this FOR THREE YEARS.

And yeah, we have.

Seemed to do pretty well under Ratten, as did Jones from memory. Lyon is slacking off in his retirement gig... the body language of the squad is not good.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 8:59pm

And yeah, we have.

Seemed to do pretty well under Ratten, as did Jones from memory. Lyon is slacking off in his retirement gig... the body language of the squad is not good.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 8:59pm

And yeah, we have.

the negative garbage on here I find incredible
What will all these negative wankers say when we turn the corner which will be soon?
Oh didn’t see this coming or I’m glad to be wrong so typical of this sort of supporter
We have good coaches and we are so close to being a good side but no let’s rubbish the coach let’s rubbish the admin let’s rubbish The Club what a pack of poor supporters some of you guys are

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Firey,

Is there an element of truth to the fact that King has regressed under Lyon?

If there is, the negativity is warranted

B.M
Saintsational Legend

The fact is Firey, we are in a bad spot, not rebuilding and near the bottom. We have to go in that direction now, no doubt!

Lyon was not brought in to rebuild, he was brought in to lift standards, enhance strategy and maximise the performance of this list. That won’t be the messaging now, to avoid looking stupid, but it was in the initial press conference.

We are in a bad place right now

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 9:14pm Firey,

Is there an element of truth to the fact that King has regressed under Lyon?

If there is, the negativity is warranted
Shoulder and knee injuries plus sub optimal preseason. Brett didn't have to cope with those set backs.
When is negativity warranted. Constructive criticism sure. But we are being piled on gratuitously.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 02 Jul 2024 9:18pm The fact is Firey, we are in a bad spot, not rebuilding and near the bottom. We have to go in that direction now, no doubt!

Lyon was not brought in to rebuild, he was brought in to lift standards, enhance strategy and maximise the performance of this list. That won’t be the messaging now, to avoid looking stupid, but it was in the initial press conference.

We are in a bad place right now
The place we are in will be defined by how Hastie, Garcia, Wilson, Collard, Shoenmaker progress, plus Heath and Keeler and Pou.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

We are shithouse

That’s why

We have regressed

Btw
Was King injured at all this season? He missed one with a knee knock with no structural damage
He did most of the pre season.
There is no denying - he is devoid of confidence and has no idea how to play his position atm - although any forward would struggle with our game plan!

The King that booted 4 goals in the last quarter to win a game vs the dockers in Perth is no longer
His body language is that of someone unhappy, frustrated and devoid of confidence
The hunched shoulders, the grimace - he is almost paralysed

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

You live in a dark world BM You fill these pages with your so-called knowledge yet you cannot see the potential and the improvement which is about to evolve. I can see it. Some others can see it. You can’t. Can’t wait to hear your explanations when this side starts to move forward.

I am sure that King will get sorted and I see good signs in the side where you can’t
As I said, I am so confident that we will turn the corner soon and cannot wait to hear your responses

Just like to add, I appreciate your posts regarding training and factual input

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Mate,

We are 15th

Only Nasiah has shown development.

Owens, Windhager, Phillipou have regressed.

The kids look ok for first year players, but have a long way to go. Our game plan is a mess, midfield is poor, forward line is dysfunctional backline is very good.

I’m not in a dark world, but I’m also not in fantasy land. I am a realist. I don’t believe in a mythical god like coach, I don’t rate our list.

Being a Saints supporter is going to create a bit of negativity
Considering there not much to be positive about

Football wise.