The Difference

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Difference

Give the ball back to the umpire

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 6:17pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 5:50pm I personally agree with Curly on the Marshall 50m. He took the mark, stopped and then was cannoned into the back late and put to ground.

That’s 50m every day of the week in every interpretation.

That would have been a goal from the square and possibly the difference
50 every day of the week, obviously wrong.

Webster kicking the ball out of bounds, also a blatant free kick not paid.

What about the soft free to Marshall for the goal, that gets ignored 99 times out of 100.
Imagine the crack pots Curly and Saynta bleating about the Marshall free if it went the other way?
Yep and if it happened against us The Dud would post it was stupid by our player.

At least it’s actually a rule.

The Port player that rushed the behind was as much a free as Websters

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 6:27pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 5:50pm I personally agree with Curly on the Marshall 50m. He took the mark, stopped and then was cannoned into the back late and put to ground.

What about the soft free to Marshall for the goal, that gets ignored 99 times out of 100.
Imagine the crack pots Curly and Saynta bleating about the Marshall free if it went the other way?
Yep and if it happened against us The Dud would post it was stupid by our player.

And there you have it Curly, at least you have finally admitted the umpires get them wrong both ways.

Now tell me, we had a 30/16 count against Collingwood this year and the sealer was kicked by Higgins while he was out of bounds in front of 3 umpires.

Why did the umpires BLATANTLY CHEAT for us that game?

Were they instructed by the AFL or did they take it upon themselves to blatantly cheat for us?

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Come on Curly

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 6:31pm

And there you have it Curly, at least you have finally admitted the umpires get them wrong both ways.

Now tell me, we had a 30/16 count against Collingwood this year and the sealer was kicked by Higgins while he was out of bounds in front of 3 umpires.

Were they instructed by the AFL or did they take it upon themselves to blatantly cheat for us?

So how do they miss the two most blatant calls for the game?

Mindset that’s how.

What was the comment about Collingwood by Buckley. Collingwood players know they can push the boundaries that’s why they win close games.

Killa
Club Player

For the effort put in in the face of The Wharfies clearance and feed and run advantage the result was directly impacted by the decisions highlighted at the open to this thread - all of which were most obviously the fact.

The response of those present at the ground was testament - even acknowledging the sparse attendance.

Simply, St Kilda did not get the rub of the green and not by any length.

When the margin is what it was these decisions or non decisions are critical.

In regard the 5 metre kick, Hill immediately remonstrated either by pointing out the distance of the scrambled kick or that Hill had touched it off the boot, the gesticulation to the Umpire what it was and could have referred to either.

If you are watching on TV you do not see these things.

One statement I will put is that the constant opinion that Marshall can not play forward by a certain "character" on this forum, refuted by me has its answer today.

The difficulty of taking contested marks in the F50 was laid bare by King, noting King is going to ground in the contest just too easily and otherwise seems to lack confidence (so knee or shoulder?)

The positive today was the defensive structure with Wanganeen-Milera (but he needs goal kicking to add a dimension, aka Gram), Shoenmaker and Caminiti, so kids.

Add Howard and we will see because he will add experience and voice.

The other interesting observation is Ross, noting the stats of Phillipou today so pressing.

Thru these later rounds, the season can catch up with some of the kids who need another pre-season.

And, of course, Crouch is still missing.

Sinclair (hmmm!!!) started in defence, then interchanging with Clark

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 6:39pm

Mindset that’s how.

What was the comment about Collingwood by Buckley. Collingwood players know they can push the boundaries that’s why they win close games.
Again you ignore the question Curly....

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 6:52pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 6:39pm

Mindset that’s how.

Again you ignore the question Curly....

Why are suggesting they cheated?

Can’t remember Collingwood supporters stating that other than a missed out of bounds on an almost impossible angle. Hardly an umpire gifting us a goal

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 7:02pm

Can’t remember Collingwood supporters stating that other than a missed out of bounds on an almost impossible angle. Hardly an umpire gifting us a goal
They are extrapolating your opinion that the Umpires cheat every time the count goes against us and by using a flawed assumption state that if the free kick count goes in our favour that the Umpires must be cheating for us.

They are not considering your individual accusations of blatant errors - you call it cheating - I call it incompetence - but Potato / Tomato

As Collingwood lost the count - it must have been that the Umpires cheated FOR us - as we won.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 7:09pm

They are extrapolating your opinion that the Umpires cheat every time the count goes against us and by using a flawed assumption state that if the free kick count goes in our favour that the Umpires must be cheating for us.

They are not considering your individual accusations of blatant errors - you call it cheating - I call it incompetence - but Potato / Tomato

As Collingwood lost the count - it must have been that the Umpires cheated FOR us - as we won.
LOL at Saint dad for trying to reason with curly :lol:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 7:17pm

LOL at Saint dad for trying to reason with curly :lol:
Just trying to make sense of this crazy mixed up world.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Killa
Club Player

The free kick count in any game is what it is and irrelevant

Where the AFL has its problem is the inconsistency of umpiring including during a game

And I would put that the inconsistencies exist courtesy of the narrative of the AFL including in regard decisions which would have seen a different result in particular games

That those inconsistencies appear to favour certain higher profile Clubs and certain higher profile players appears to be the fact

Some Clubs and some players are more relevant than others across the competition

And THAT is the competition, unfortunately

No doubt, St Kilda does not have a high profile within the AFL and equally, none of its players have a high profile within the AFL

St Kilda get nothing based on reputation and name

And THAT is the problem St Kilda have

The Club’s President and those he presides over are in the process of correcting this and making St Kilda and its players relevant

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Sainter Dad being the fun police, by rationalizing the post.

I did chuckle at Curly’s response that he can’t recall the Collingwood fans stating the umpires cheated as if this is the type of comment rational fans make 😂

News flash Curly, other than you (and maybe saynta) few other Saints fans think the Umpires cheat either.

As aptly detailed by SD, if we had a 30/16 negative count and the sealer kicked from out of bounds it would have been ‘blatant umpire cheating’ sanctioned by the AFL.

When it goes the other way there’s nothing to see here.

Curly 😂😂😂😂😂😂

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 8:12pm

I did chuckle at Curly’s response that he can’t recall the Collingwood fans stating the umpires cheated as if this is the type of comment rational fans make 😂

News flash Curly, other than you (and maybe saynta) few other Saints fans think the Umpires cheat either.

As aptly detailed by SD, if we had a 30/16 negative count and the sealer kicked from out of bounds it would have been ‘blatant umpire cheating’ sanctioned by the AFL.

Curly 😂😂😂😂😂😂

As I am well aware you hatched from an egg more than a couple of weeks ago I know you saw the North v Collingwood game.

A game decided by a horrendous umpiring decision and one that was indefensible. Not one expert or commentator in any form said the umpires were right.
North should have won.

AFL comes out said they were ok with it.
Why and how?

It suited them Collingwood win so nothing to see.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 8:23pm

Curly 😂😂😂😂😂😂

As I am well aware you hatched from an egg more than a couple of weeks ago I know you saw the North v Collingwood game.

A game decided by a horrendous umpiring decision and one that was indefensible. Not one expert or commentator in any form said the umpires were right.
North should have won.

Why and how?

Irrelevant comment again Curly.

Just admit the facts, if the free kick count was 30/16 against us and the deciding goal was kicked from out of bounds you'd have called it blatant cheating by the umpires, however when it goes our way there's nothing to see here and you babble like an 80YO dementia patient :lol: :lol: :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 8:39pm
CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 8:23pm

Curly 😂😂😂😂😂😂

North should have won.

Why and how?

Irrelevant comment again Curly.

Just admit the facts, if the free kick count was 30/16 against us and the deciding goal was kicked from out of bounds you'd have called it blatant cheating by the umpires, however when it goes our way there's nothing to see here and you babble like an 80YO dementia patient :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goals from frees missed 50’s and as I’ve posted when the umpires set the tone for frees are more important. Today I prime example HTB against Battle a minute later Alir caught hands free ball up.

Collingwood game as I’ve said a missed out of bounds and a freakish snap is hardly biased.

Missing frees like Butlers and Marshall’s non 50 is cheating.

King Max
Club Player

The reason that free never gets paid is because almost nobody is stupid enough to do that.
People claiming it happens all the time but nobody ever comes up with an example.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Just imagine, one week complaining that Windy standing 5m over the mark is not a 50 and should be a warning, then the next week saying a player getting up off the ground handing the ball to a teammate is a 100% legit free and goal and nothing to see here 😂

Absolute clown show! 🤡

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
King Max
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 9:11pm Just imagine, one week complaining that Windy standing 5m over the mark is not a 50 and should be a warning, then the next week saying a player getting up off the ground handing the ball to a teammate is a 100% legit free and goal and nothing to see here 😂

Absolute clown show! 🤡
No doubt you have numerous examples of that free to Marshall not being paid.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 9:18pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 9:11pm Just imagine, one week complaining that Windy standing 5m over the mark is not a 50 and should be a warning, then the next week saying a player getting up off the ground handing the ball to a teammate is a 100% legit free and goal and nothing to see here 😂

Absolute clown show! 🤡
No doubt you have numerous examples of that free to Marshall not being paid.
I think you’re missing the point!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
King Max
Club Player

Explain your point and I’ll let you know if I missed it.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 9:26pm Explain your point and I’ll let you know if I missed it.
His point is this. StKilda player gets no prior gets tackled holding the ball.

The Dud ~ So stupid the players so slow no awareness

Opposition player takes a bounces gets tackled swung 3 times then goes to ground umpire ball up.

The Dud - umpires can’t see everything

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Absolute clown show! 🤡
Yet today they allowed a bloke to cannon into a blokes back after taking a mark no 50.

Steele taking a mark on the wing the umpire then tells the Port player come back not 1 but 3 meters no 50

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Yes, umps cheated...everyone thinks Pues are CüNTs :)

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2024 10:15pm

Absolute clown show! 🤡
Yet today they allowed a bloke to cannon into a blokes back after taking a mark no 50.

Steele taking a mark on the wing the umpire then tells the Port player come back not 1 but 3 meters no 50
The best part of Curly’s mind boggling stupidity, is when a poor decision happens against us it’s blatant cheating, yet when we are the beneficiary like against Collingwood there’s nothing to see here. 😂😂😂