Schoenmaker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Re: Schoenmaker

A 2025 backline of the below has some serious weapons

Battle Howard Wilkie
Sincs Shoenmakers Milera

Bench: Stocker

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 10:22am A sneaky chance for rising star this week?
Yep. my thoughts too.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 11:13am A 2025 backline of the below has some serious weapons

Battle Howard Wilkie
Sincs Shoenmakers Milera

Bench: Stocker
Big uncertainty question over Howard?
Chronic hammy problems to curtail career?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Bigger questions over Battle imo

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Kid’s a star in the making and one of many pluses in a development year.

It will be interesting to see how he develops and how the club makes the most of his talents, including the booming left-foot kick.

For instance, is he destined for the wing, where he can launch attack after attack?

I’d prefer he’s not pigeon-holed as merely a tall defender at this stage. Sky is the limit.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

He’s a quintessential HB

Sits behind the footy and use his leg on exit

Not the running power or speed for wing

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

One game does not make a career. But he looks like a footballer, unlike Webster who never did and isn't. Is he capable and willing to learn the art of defence? The next 4 years will tell.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 2:48pm One game does not make a career. But he looks like a footballer, unlike Webster who never did and isn't. Is he capable and willing to learn the art of defence? The next 4 years will tell.
The Tasmanians will get AFL assistance to entice all their Tassie players to go home, once they are settingup their list.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 2:16pm He’s a quintessential HB

Sits behind the footy and use his leg on exit

Not the running power or speed for wing
Not yet. We shall see.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

wtf

Webster is and has been a great player

Rarely beaten, tough and courageous and generally a nice kick - decision making can be a little iffy

What’s Webster played? 150??

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 4:13pm wtf

Webster is and has been a great player

Rarely beaten, tough and courageous and generally a nice kick - decision making can be a little iffy

What’s Webster played? 150??
Agree. Webster straight back in as soon as s available.

Also think as exciting as the likes of Shoey are- labelling them stars this early just sets them up for the abuse that comes later.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
StPeter
Club Player

Arie is looking like a steal at draft pick 62.

Let's hope he can go on with it.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 2:50pm
perfectionist wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 2:48pm One game does not make a career. But he looks like a footballer, unlike Webster who never did and isn't. Is he capable and willing to learn the art of defence? The next 4 years will tell.
The Tasmanians will get AFL assistance to entice all their Tassie players to go home, once they are settingup their list.
Why would any former Tasmanian want to return.
At least 10 years behind the mainland.
Many years ago when I was forced to work there for 18 months I realised what the problem is.
No-one wants to live there because no-one lives there.
The place is dead.
Except for a bunch of idiotic tree huggers bush walking in pouring rain.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
takeaway
Club Player

ace wrote: Sun 16 Jun 2024 4:03am
Many years ago when I was forced to work there for 18 months I realised what the problem is.
The place is dead.
10 years or more behind, low population growth from a low base, tree huggers bush walking in rain.

Sounds enticing. Don't tell anyone else. I live in Vic, but have property in Tas, need to get a couple of things sorted, and we will be over there permanently. Magnificent place. The main problem there are too many Winnebagos on the roads. Hopefully the AFL's entry doesn't lead to a spike in population.

I'll leave you to your exhaust fumes and concrete.

SaintDippa
Club Player

If I recall the knock at draft time was discipline and a touch puffy. Body shape lends to be a beast with a couple of preseasons. If Ross allows, barrels after a point would clear (and some) the Docklands centre circle. Weapon.

Sanctorum
Club Player

I can't recall the last time, certainly beyond living memory, that St Kilda had a first gamer who did so well - 74 fantasy ranking points for a debut game is very rare - Nick Daicos certainly did that but he played on the ball unlike Arie who played in defence.

Schoenmaker showed incredible maturity and composure with ball in hand and more often than not passed the ball with great accuracy to a team mate.

On this performance he should retain his spot against Port Adelaide in round 17 and if he continues on this course even when Howard comes back from injury.

In that eventuality I can see Josh Battle being moved to the forward line to see if he can develop some synergy with Max King, Jack Higgins and Dan Butler.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 16 Jun 2024 4:03am
The place is dead.
Well, I can top that. Lived in Launceston for three years and absolutely detested the place.

But I clearly remember locals meeting their partners on the mainland and then returning home . Seems it is a bit of a magnet to locals.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Well I grew up in Tas

Lived on the coast and loved it! Beautiful affordable scenery
No traffic, peaceful. Great place to grow up, safe and able to enjoy the outdoors
Motorbike riding, fishing and sport is all we did as kids daylight to dark

Have lived in Melbourne for nearly 30 years after spending time in Sydney (Coogee) and Fremantle
I am pretty happy bayside and fortunate enough that I bought when affordable- doubt my kids will ever be able to afford anywhere decent

Miss the peace and quiet and familiarity of TAS

Most likely will retire there

And Hobart in my view is the most beautiful capital in Aus

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 16 Jun 2024 9:02pm Well I grew up in Tas

Lived on the coast and loved it! Beautiful affordable scenery
No traffic, peaceful. Great place to grow up, safe and able to enjoy the outdoors
Motorbike riding, fishing and sport is all we did as kids daylight to dark

Have lived in Melbourne for nearly 30 years after spending time in Sydney (Coogee) and Fremantle
I am pretty happy bayside and fortunate enough that I bought when affordable- doubt my kids will ever be able to afford anywhere decent

Miss the peace and quiet and familiarity of TAS

Most likely will retire there

And Hobart in my view is the most beautiful capital in Aus
If I could simply maintain my wage and move to Hobart I'd be there tomorrow.

One of the most beautiful places on earth.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Tassie one of the best parts of Australia

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

There's been news stories about very high rents in Tassy (you guys have the $$ to buy so that's moot though)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Aren't the Salmon farms stuffing the waterways, weather problematic, economy fully subsidised by WA, worst state governments in a country full of crap governments and fully owned by betting firms and AFL. Hospital system worse than even Victoria. Good unis and Antarctic research, even if boat can't get under the bridge. Arie is well out, I reckon.

SaintWiki
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2024 12:28am Aren't the Salmon farms stuffing the waterways, weather problematic, economy fully subsidised by WA, worst state governments in a country full of crap governments and fully owned by betting firms and AFL. Hospital system worse than even Victoria. Good unis and Antarctic research, even if boat can't get under the bridge. Arie is well out, I reckon.
My experience is that each state, and indeed each physical location, has a great many disadvantages and a great many advantages and it is rediculous to attempt to compare, and indeed trite to think individual experiences can necessarily have any valid meanings to everyone else.

However as a generalisation it is likely that most footy players from Tassy will feel the call to return to their own state when there is a Tasmanian AFL team but those decisions are not in the 'now'.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why would Tassie as a state be any different to other states

There will be a go home factor for some players, generally about the want to get back to their family

But they may also not like the rat race - having not grown up in the city

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

SaintWiki wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2024 8:39am
Yorkeys wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2024 12:28am Aren't the Salmon farms stuffing the waterways, weather problematic, economy fully subsidised by WA, worst state governments in a country full of crap governments and fully owned by betting firms and AFL. Hospital system worse than even Victoria. Good unis and Antarctic research, even if boat can't get under the bridge. Arie is well out, I reckon.
My experience is that each state, and indeed each physical location, has a great many disadvantages and a great many advantages and it is rediculous to attempt to compare, and indeed trite to think individual experiences can necessarily have any valid meanings to everyone else.

However as a generalisation it is likely that most footy players from Tassy will feel the call to return to their own state when there is a Tasmanian AFL team but those decisions are not in the 'now'.
Sure and maybe.
One other thing for sure is that the new team, if not still born, will be an artificial forced creation like GWS, Suns and Lions - possibly/probably even Swans are in that category. I think it is questionable how good it is for the foundations of the competition to be diluted by these artificial franchises. Is the objective to rail against NRL, create more games for betting and broadcast or run a credible, even competition. I think at the moment its the former and it sucks. You could and probably will (have?) end up with mercenaries being allocated by various means to these AI generated groups completely skewing the talent distribution and equitable opportunity principles and of course the quality of the games. We now have a credibility crisis due to what passes for umpiring, broadcasters determining fixtures and betting calling the shots. Tassie is being sold as a romantic idea whose time has come but its a cruel rort on the people of Tasmania and our competition.