Windhager

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Re: Windhager

Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:12pm
bigcarl wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:02pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 6:57pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 6:50pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 6:45pm
perfectionist wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 9:34am Jack Steele was on Reid in the first quarter and kept him quiet. Steele was released in the second quarter and Dow went to Reid. Worked alright most of the time until WC had a dominant period at the centre bounce and Reid, being untagged and alone on the defensive side of the ball up, capitalised. Windhager had been poor until then. Whilst he can get to the fall of the ball, he is not strong enough to break free and his handball skills not good enough from a pack to set others running. He is a lot better when he doesn't actually get the ball but prevents someone who could hurt us getting it as well. That's what he did in the third quarter. He was helped by the fact that Reid lost concentration after the sling of Wilson. You could see it on his face. Windhager capitalised and got kicks himself. One thing about tagging a good player is that they take you to the ball. The other winning "move" in the last quarter was the injury to King. We kicked 5 goals in the last having kicked 7 in the first three.
Good observations

David King said in the closing minute or just after the final siren...that "Windhager was the difference. He won them the match"

The sheople listened and voted accordingly

It's interesting how many times people take their cues (look up the word if you don't understand what I mean) from commentators. Obviously...it's easier than thinking for yourself
Interesting take.

Mine.

The sign tackle occurred because he was frustrated and had lost concentration already due to the close checking he was receiving.
The tackle occurred before half-time. Windhager wasn't on him at that stage

The changing of the magnets was after that
You sure? I don’t think that’s right
I'm sure

You can watch the replay. It happened just before half time. Also Simpson made mention of 'what he said to Harley' during the long break.
I'm confident windhager was on reid before the sling.
Last edited by nostalgicsaint on Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop - Sorry - 3:47 to go in the 3rd quarter was Harley Reid consigning his Rising Star Award chances to the Trash Bin - after have little or no impact for the first 3/4 of the 3rd.

Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:13pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:12pm
bigcarl wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:02pm
nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 6:50pm
Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 6:45pm
perfectionist wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 9:34am Jack Steele was on Reid in the first quarter and kept him quiet. Steele was released in the second quarter and Dow went to Reid. Worked alright most of the time until WC had a dominant period at the centre bounce and Reid, being untagged and alone on the defensive side of the ball up, capitalised. Windhager had been poor until then. Whilst he can get to the fall of the ball, he is not strong enough to break free and his handball skills not good enough from a pack to set others running. He is a lot better when he doesn't actually get the ball but prevents someone who could hurt us getting it as well. That's what he did in the third quarter. He was helped by the fact that Reid lost concentration after the sling of Wilson. You could see it on his face. Windhager capitalised and got kicks himself. One thing about tagging a good player is that they take you to the ball. The other winning "move" in the last quarter was the injury to King. We kicked 5 goals in the last having kicked 7 in the first three.
Good observations

David King said in the closing minute or just after the final siren...that "Windhager was the difference. He won them the match"

The sheople listened and voted accordingly

It's interesting how many times people take their cues (look up the word if you don't understand what I mean) from commentators. Obviously...it's easier than thinking for yourself
Interesting take.

Mine.

The sign tackle occurred because he was frustrated and had lost concentration already due to the close checking he was receiving.

The changing of the magnets was after that
You sure? I don’t think that’s right
I'm sure

You can watch the replay. It happened just before half time. Also Simpson made mention of 'what he said to Harley' during the long break.
I'm confident windhager was on ried before the sling.
Me, too. Windhager got inside his head and beat him pointless … eventually exploding his head.

Match-winning move imo. Our midfield dominated after Windy went to him.

King Max
Club Player

Why can’t we get a coach who predicts the future? The tackle was with 3:44 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

My bad. Got that terribly wrong 😬

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:19pm My bad. Got that terribly wrong 😬
Takes a good (wo)man to acknowledge that. (Didn't want to assume)

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
repta
Club Player

Windy absolutely got into Harley's head which resulted in the Wilson brain fade.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Did good.
Neale is multiple B'low winner, never fumbles, finals experience, strong as, low cog so keeps feet. Neale showed his class but Windy made him earn everything really toughed it out, was targeted by other Lions, eg Dunkley.
Really like Marcus' style, guts and skills.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2024 11:36pm Did good.
Neale is multiple B'low winner, never fumbles, finals experience, strong as, low cog so keeps feet. Neale showed his class but Windy made him earn everything really toughed it out, was targeted by other Lions, eg Dunkley.
Really like Marcus' style, guts and skills.
I see Neale referred to Windy as "THE GLOVE”, because he wears you like one. That will stick I reckon.

StPeter
Club Player

The umpires obviously were advised to keep an eye on him at half time. He had 3 frees against him shortly after and of course the 50 penalty in the last without even a warning.