RTB finger on the pulse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: RTB finger on the pulse

B.M wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2024 8:11pm Marshall - A Grade
Steele - A Grade
Sinclair- A Grade
Wilkie - A Grade

Wanganeen Milera - Almost A grade if he’s not
King - Should be A Grade (kicked 50 goals two years ago)
Hill - we pay him like an A Grader

Potential A Graders
Henry - played out of position
Wilson - tracking well

Solid foot soldiers
Battle, Higgins, Clark, Dow, Crouch (inj), Wood
Where’s the midfield AGrade talent genius????
Where is the Sheezel, Harley Reid, Horne Francis, Petracca??
You’re nimrod
Hill an A grader ??? FMD solid B this year at best
Wilkie /Sincs - A grade this year ??
Where’s your match winner ?? Your Bont ??
You’re a dreamer mate sitting in the lounge room dressed in your footy gear waiting for the call that *newsflash* Ain’t coming😂

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2024 9:28pm There has to be a balance ... it's the mindless OTT adoration of RL by some - that's what we "hate" on this forum. Hate is a strong word, Mr Magic, mind you (be careful using it).

RL is just doing his job - no-one hates him for that. We might not like his game plan, and see other shortcomings. But how's that hating the man?
Balanced …..😂
You’re balanced ???? LMAO
Grab yourself a dictionary champ

“Yeah….nah””
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

See next post
Last edited by samoht on Wed 12 Jun 2024 11:21am, edited 1 time in total.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

There's those of us who believe the overall strength of the side more than makes up for the lack of one or two A grade midfielders.

Steele almost won the Brownlow, so he's definitely A grade.
Then theres Clark, Dow, Windhager (who can shut down a Naicos) ... and we have strengths in other areas of the ground.
Let's not forget Owens, who is not given much of a go in the middle. Marshall with his clearances.

We've recruited speed and run. Henry, Dow, Bonner are good additions. Dow is improving our clearance numbers. I'm sure Henry can be given a run through the middle, in addition to Sinclair.
We have great rebound with Sinclair and Nas.

We have a side that's capable of kicking 12 to 15 goals on a regular basis ... but we're not seeing that. And we "hate" the low scores and our forward inefficiency/disconnect, week in week out.

It's like soccer ... the frustration builds. And we're only ever a kick or two away from losing or being headed, whenever we're in front and dominating ... yes, our players are capable of dominating in patches, but then you look at the scoreboard.

spert
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 11:06am There's those of us who believe the overall strength of the side more than makes up for the lack of one or two A grade midfielders.

Then theres Clark, Dow, Windhager (who can shut down a Naicos) ... and we have strengths in other areas of the ground.
Let's not forget Owens, who is not given much of a go in the middle. Marshall with his clearances.

We've recruited speed and run. Henry, Dow, Bonner are good additions. Dow is improving our clearance numbers. I'm sure Henry can be given a run through the middle, in addition to Sinclair.

We have a side that's capable of kicking 12 to 15 goals on a regular basis ... but we're not seeing that. And we "hate" the low scores and our forward inefficiency/disconnect, week in week out.

It's like soccer ... the frustration builds. And we're only ever a kick or two away from losing or being headed, whenever we're in front and dominating ... yes, our players are capable of dominating in patches, but then you look at the scoreboard.
I reckon if we were a pro soccer club, RTB would be gone by now.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 11:06am Let's not forget Owens, who is not given much of a go in the middle
We saw glimpses of it on Saturday, which was encouraging. Couple of times where he burst clear from the middle and went long and direct with the kick. I’d like to see it more often, but am not holding my breath.

He’s a very powerful player and explosive over a short distance.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 12:13am
In 2009/2010 I was very content with our scoring prowess - I’ve not experienced another year like 09 where I would go to the footy and opposition fans were shyte scared of playing us cause they expected to lose….
I want that level of sustained performance again
No other available coach out there right now comes near delivering that
Jfc...this s*** again

Don't be a dumbass Teflon

2009/2010 took a decade in the making.

Actually...I think you can go back even further. We learnt lessons from our GF loss and the pain of 1997. We rebuilt the list in 2000/2001. We played prelim finals in 2004 and 2005.

Lyon didn't arrive in 2007 and all of a sudden that was the beginning of St Kilda being a strong club. Only imbeciles and fanatics believe that rubbish. Nearly as crazy as those who believe homosapiens arrived on Earth when some celestial being made humans out of mud

Lyon was the beneficiary of the work of the Football Club. He didn't make the Football Club.

If...he can deliver half as much as what he was gifted I'll be happy

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 3:08pm
In 2009/2010 I was very content with our scoring prowess - I’ve not experienced another year like 09 where I would go to the footy and opposition fans were shyte scared of playing us cause they expected to lose….
Jfc...this s*** again

Actually...I think you can go back even further. We learnt lessons from our GF loss and the pain of 1997. We rebuilt the list in 2000/2001. We played prelim finals in 2004 and 2005.

Lyon didn't arrive in 2007 and all of a sudden that was the beginning of St Kilda being a strong club. Only imbeciles and fanatics believe that rubbish. Nearly as crazy as those who believe homosapiens arrived on Earth when some celestial being made humans out of mud

Lyon was the beneficiary of the work of the Football Club. He didn't make the Football Club.

An argument as sterile as Rupert Murdoch.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Jfc...this s*** again

if this, if that..... just sit back and enjoy the masterful prowess of RTB

we all want you to be happy Scollop

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Good on ya Firey 🤞😎👏

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 3:16pm
Wouldn't necessarily be calling someone who fathered children after the age of 70 as sterile :mrgreen:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 5:09pm
Wouldn't necessarily be calling someone who fathered children after the age of 70 as sterile :mrgreen:
still some ink in the old printing press but he is a dangerous man.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

samoht wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2024 11:21am RTB takes his finger off the pulse more often than not, then, judging by our wins vs losses.

We have talented players like Hill, Wilkie, Battle, Nas, Clark, King, Wood, Sinclair, Windhager, Steele ... when the wins come, they are largely as a result of the abilities and efforts of these players. We've added Dow, Bonner who are keeping regular past players out of the side, such as Paton, Byrnes.

There's also the area of development .. Owens, Phillipou, Caminiti, Sharman, Byrnes ... our young players have been treading water, they haven't taken the next step.

Also, our forward efficiency hasn't improved under Lyon.

We need to take off our Ross coloured glasses.
Talented but either out injured or playing injured...
King...missed games due to injury & suspension
Clark...missed most of the season so far injured
Wood...missed several games of the season injured
Steele...missed injured and playing injured now
Dow...injured

Teams without key talent have to reset and rarely are able...look at Richmond.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Teflon

You are an embarrassment

Your footy knowledge is laughable- which is why you need someone to fanboy over

To borrow a line
“Least I won’t be unoriginal!”

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1149955/st- ... ck-clarity

ROSS Lyon claims the AFL has "gone too far" with public explanations of contentious umpiring decisions after the league admitted Max King should not have been paid a free kick late in St Kilda's narrow win over Gold Coast.

King booted the Saints' match-winning goal in a dour contest last Saturday night when Suns defender Mac Andrew was penalised for holding his opponent in a wrestle for position off the ball.

League umpires boss Stephen McBurney came out within 24 hours and admitted the free kick should not have been given to King, while ticking off separate crucial decisions in victories by North Melbourne and Hawthorn.

But Lyon isn't impressed, raising his issue with the move during his regular mid-week press conference on Wednesday.

"I just don't understand how we emphasise one free kick and talk about that's influenced the match and that's the outcome," Saints coach Lyon told reporters.

"I don't like that the AFL comes out and clarifies it.

"I've been to big finals and moved on (from umpiring decisions), and I just think why is one free kick more important than another?"

Lyon said he often sees vision of King and other forwards being "mauled" behind the ball, and asks the AFL privately for clarity.

"They say, 'Yeah we missed that one, we missed that one, if there's one arm around the chest it's a free kick, it doesn't need to be two'," Lyon said.

"How about there's a decision made and we all accept it and move on? I just think it's gone too far."

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Jfc...this s*** again

Not even on point …😂
You’re an imbecile Troll but keep trying its humorous

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 8:35pm https://www.afl.com.au/news/1149955/st- ... ck-clarity

ROSS Lyon claims the AFL has "gone too far" with public explanations of contentious umpiring decisions after the league admitted Max King should not have been paid a free kick late in St Kilda's narrow win over Gold Coast.

King booted the Saints' match-winning goal in a dour contest last Saturday night when Suns defender Mac Andrew was penalised for holding his opponent in a wrestle for position off the ball.

League umpires boss Stephen McBurney came out within 24 hours and admitted the free kick should not have been given to King, while ticking off separate crucial decisions in victories by North Melbourne and Hawthorn.

But Lyon isn't impressed, raising his issue with the move during his regular mid-week press conference on Wednesday.

"I just don't understand how we emphasise one free kick and talk about that's influenced the match and that's the outcome," Saints coach Lyon told reporters.

"I've been to big finals and moved on (from umpiring decisions), and I just think why is one free kick more important than another?"

Lyon said he often sees vision of King and other forwards being "mauled" behind the ball, and asks the AFL privately for clarity.

"They say, 'Yeah we missed that one, we missed that one, if there's one arm around the chest it's a free kick, it doesn't need to be two'," Lyon said.

"How about there's a decision made and we all accept it and move on? I just think it's gone too far."
Good on ya Rossy stick it up em
As he said - King gets mailed weekly
Weekly these AFl pathetic umpire apologists apologise to us when we query free kicks “ oh sorry that’s an error” and DO NOTHING
**** em
Call em out
I’m glad someone is prepared to go on record to defend our players

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 5:31pm
samoht wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2024 11:21am RTB takes his finger off the pulse more often than not, then, judging by our wins vs losses.

We have talented players like Hill, Wilkie, Battle, Nas, Clark, King, Wood, Sinclair, Windhager, Steele ... when the wins come, they are largely as a result of the abilities and efforts of these players. We've added Dow, Bonner who are keeping regular past players out of the side, such as Paton, Byrnes.

There's also the area of development .. Owens, Phillipou, Caminiti, Sharman, Byrnes ... our young players have been treading water, they haven't taken the next step.

Also, our forward efficiency hasn't improved under Lyon.

We need to take off our Ross coloured glasses.
Talented but either out injured or playing injured...
King...missed games due to injury & suspension
Clark...missed most of the season so far injured
Wood...missed several games of the season injured
Steele...missed injured and playing injured now
Dow...injured

Teams without key talent have to reset and rarely are able...look at Richmond.
Great post

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 11:06am There's those of us who believe the overall strength of the side more than makes up for the lack of one or two A grade midfielders.

You’re talking out your bumb with respect
The game starts in the midfield some argue modern footy is all about midfield
You’re trotting out Clark (back 2 ganes), Dow (reject but trying to earn respect at Saints), Windhager (kid whose learning the caper by tagging)
Tell me who is our break away, dynamic goal scoring midfielder who goes from inside to outside and bursts from congestion??????? All good sides have them?? Gun midfields have a couple….stop talking tripe
The side has a top 6 AFL defence - fact
The rest has more holes than Swiss cheese
Midfield is bottom 2 in competition for talent
Spare me the “we have lots A graders” rubbish
No genuine football follower who watches the game believes that except Saints numpty’s drinking their own bath water

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 11:36pm
bigcarl wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2024 8:35pm https://www.afl.com.au/news/1149955/st- ... ck-clarity

Good on ya Rossy stick it up em
As he said - King gets mailed weekly
Weekly these AFl pathetic umpire apologists apologise to us when we query free kicks “ oh sorry that’s an error” and DO NOTHING
**** em
Call em out
I’m glad someone is prepared to go on record to defend our players
Probably he fears that it will now be open season on manhandling Max King without penalty. Frankly I fear that, too. Good on him for speaking out on it. The free was an evener-upper for a match full of mauling. We deserved our win.

Killa
Club Player

My opinions of the AFL can be gleaned from my comments on this site - and I note my opinion of the AFL commenting on the King free kick is now supported by the St Kilda Coach and obviously so in my view

The language in the AFL criticism of the free kick was, at best, embarrassing and at worst, well words do not subscribe

The officiating Umpire was sold out under a bus by his employer - and, if I were that Umpire I would resign courtesy of that treatment

The workplace is not tenable

The days of "blasting" an employee publicly are from a past time

The strength of the AFL competition is equality, that equality drawing an increasing audience because of the competition, that all member Clubs function on an equal basis under the Rules of the Code and are therefore competitive across the competition

It all starts at the top, and the succession appointments at the AFL have been regressive supporting a regime, not progressive looking for relevance

Hence inequality is entrenched and the Rules which are entrenching that inequality never addresses including at the alter of media dictate, media which is in decline for a raft of reasons including because it is a player, not a representative of society

And then the people - refer the actions of the Media Chair who has recently resigned because his characteristics were on (finally) public display

Did he stop to help someone he said fell up and ask after their well being?

This is the characteristic of the AFL and the individuals who comprise the AFL, including the Head of Umpiring who should have supported his employee, not hung him out to be drawn and quartered behind the language resorted to

And what is the betting that St Kilda pay a price for Lyon saying what he did, calling the AFL to question?

The AFL needs transparency to survive in a competitive market

It is time for a clean out from the top

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

as RTB said, "they are screaming for umps"
yet treat them like dirt.
not to mention the caning they get from Curly....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024 3:25pm as RTB said, "they are screaming for umps"
I’d put Curly in charge

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024 11:37pm
The Fireman wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2024 3:25pm as RTB said, "they are screaming for umps"
I’d put Curly in charge
haha we'd be back to the colosseum days :D