Changes for Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for Gold Coast

Crouch will be better value when he's 100% fit. He missed most of pre-season and most of the first 10 games of the season. This is his pre-season now.

He may need at least 2 more at Sandy before being considered

I wouldn't pay much attention to him being listed as an emergency

George27
Club Player

Arie is listed as an out for Sandy - “AFL”. So he will be held back as the 24th man in case a late out in Seniors. He is not far away from being our 5th 2023 draft player to debut this season.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Sportsbet changed the odds.

Saints $1.90 for win.
Suns $1.90 for win.
Line: -0.5 and +0.5

Bookies don't know what the eff will happen.

Suns should be favourites, with a midfield that's miles better than ours. Touk Miller, Matt Rowell

Ben King has great support- in NT a few weeks ago, a Suns fwd got 5 or so and took heat away from Ben.

Our fwds don't support Max, they make it harder.
And our delivery into F50 is atrocius

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
maverick
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2024 9:48am
The G Train Legacy wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2024 10:13pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2024 8:15pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2024 7:59pm I can’t believe no crouch. You need an older fella in the 2s to teach the way and I thought it would have been Ross getting dropped, Crouch in. Bonner out for Arie. Arie has been tearing it up and smashing the door to be selected. Needs a game.
💯💯
Bonner got the DCM from Port because although he can get 30+, they go all over the place like a baby's breakfast.

Drop the fool until he decides to learn how to kick
His kicking efficiency is apparently near 80% I think everyone has an exaggerated impression that he sprays it everywhere, based on a handful of bad clangers that have cost us goals.

Hinkley didn't have patience, he was always in and out at Port. Practice makes perfect, the theory appears to be that if he is given license to take on the risky difficult kicks, he will eventually start hitting those long difficult targets. Which would make him lethal with the ball in hand across half back. If it comes off we're laughing, if it doesn't we didn't invest a heap in him.

He can play and he isn't a crap kick. When he has stuffed up badly, as far as I recall, it has usually been because he hesitated when making the decision. 12 games in a mainly out of form team riddled by injuries isn't enough time. I don't get all the angst about Bonner, let's see how he's going by the end of the year. He may not get there, but I reckon it's worth trying and I give him a fair chance.
After 105 games and at 27 years old we still need to give him more time show what he can do?

His kicking efficiency isn't too bad because a long kick that doesn't result in an uncontested mark to the opposition is considered to be effective. Doesn't matter if it wasn't to the advantage of our forward or if he ignored a better short option. For the life of me I can't figure out why we're persevering with him when we already had Nas and Sinclair who are infinitely better at the same role, and Sincs is just an average mid compared to an elite HB. Bonner is essentially just a softer Shane Savage.
It’s not his kicking efficiency it’s his decision making
He panics under pressure and leaks critical goals and changes momentum
Haven’t been to many games but I don’t think he defends much, so for mine his game time is better invested in ari

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2024 9:42am
Otiman wrote: Fri 07 Jun 2024 4:22am Lyon looked much better in the presser today, thought that was the most upbeat he's been all season.
Look I agree but I find it weird trying to predict “mood” of coach and players from 500,000 miles away …
So many variables…
Mrs Lyon could’ve been very nice to him that morning..
His accountant advised he’s done v well tax wise…
Max King and he had a laugh at Cornes article…
It’s kinda pointless
FWIW track watchers on BF felt the training session was more vibrant this week…is that cause they had a win?
As Lyon noted …confidence comes from actions…on weekend (against low opponents albeit on their home dung heap) players executed….we saw goals kicked into 50 from some smart lowering of the eyes decisions etc ..midfield responded…
Question is: against better opponents can they keep it up??
Worth remembering- game plan hasn’t changed….but something did that made us look far far better …?
Def was lowering the eyes. Made a BIG difference to just bombing it in.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Thu 06 Jun 2024 7:49pmNo Crouch?
Ouch :shock:

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Rumour suggestive of a late change.

Hastie not playing for Sandy

shrodes
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Sat 08 Jun 2024 3:28pm Rumour suggestive of a late change.

Hastie not playing for Sandy
Have also heard rumour Arie might be in, unsure who late out would be (King perhaps?)

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Schoenmaker was at the VFL with his parents

King Max
Club Player

No late change.

Seb the sub