..at the risk of positivity ..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: ..at the risk of positivity ..

Oh FFS, King is worth 10 Caminitis who is not even a VFL quality footballer at this point in time.

Glad the Club doesn't listen to hairbrain suggestions.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:07pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:01pm This isn't going to be popular but I wonder if trading Max King to bring in midfield recruits is the answer and put the development into Caminiti as out number one banana. Sometimes you have to be ruthless, Clarko did it when he first got to Hawthorn and it looks like Mitchell is doing it again at the Hawks.

We love our Messiahs though at St Kilda but I'm not sold on King as being a reliable asset.
Plausible, but I would make Sharman our number one banana
I reckon Sharman's progress is being hampered by not having a definite role- one minute forward, next on a wing, then down back. The guy is a forward with real goal-sense, just leave him in the forward half for the rest of the season to develop.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:53pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:01pm This isn't going to be popular but I wonder if trading Max King to bring in midfield recruits is the answer and put the development into Caminiti as out number one banana. Sometimes you have to be ruthless, Clarko did it when he first got to Hawthorn and it looks like Mitchell is doing it again at the Hawks.

We love our Messiahs though at St Kilda but I'm not sold on King as being a reliable asset.
I reckon Sharman's progress is being hampered by not having a definite role- one minute forward, next on a wing, then down back. The guy is a forward with real goal-sense, just leave him in the forward half for the rest of the season to develop.
That's too logical.

You have to be on $500K salary (or higher) to fit in the forward line every time that you're fit and available

Sanctorum
Club Player

Blimey Vort, can't believe you're so set on trading Max King to another club.

You fail to understand that despite his lackadaisical body language on the field, the stats prove that he will become one of the comp's best tall key forwards in the years to come.

Yesterday on another thread where you posted similar comments, I listed stats to show that compared to other key tall forwards, Max King is tracking remarkably well:

"In the four years from age 20 to 23 inclusive:

Tom Hawkins played 80 games and kicked 159 goals, 88 behinds (247 sog)
Harry Mackay played 65 games and kicked 126 goals, 89 behinds (215 sog)
Max King played 71 games and kicked 140 goals, 113 behinds (253 sog)
"

If you add Richmond gunTom Lynch, King looks even better:

67 games for 109 goals, 74 behinds (183 sog)

Then there's twin brother Ben who was out with an ACL in 2022, but if you include 2019 his 4 season stats were:

73 games for 129 goals, 75 behinds (204 sog)

Do these figures not prove to you that Max King is the real deal and should remain with St Kilda?

If you remain unimpressed, why would you let the team's best key forward go to another club?

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 1:58pm

You fail to understand that despite his lackadaisical body language on the field, the stats prove that he will become one of the comp's best tall key forwards in the years to come.

Yesterday on another thread where you posted similar comments, I listed stats to show that compared to other key tall forwards, Max King is tracking remarkably well:

"

Then there's twin brother Ben who was out with an ACL in 2022, but if you include 2019 his 4 season stats were:

Do these figures not prove to you that Max King is the real deal and should remain with St Kilda?

If you remain unimpressed, why would you let the team's best key forward go to another club?
On big footy he/she posts under another name but has been exposed as a follower of another club, Carlton from memory.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex is sometimes stubborn. He makes early BIG calls and sometimes he changes his mind

Like the time he said he'd put $10K on the bar :oops: :lol: :lol:

He made a call on Hannebery from the moment the trade was made and stuck to his guns saying it was a wise move...right up until the time of Hanna's retirement

He made a call on Cooper Sharman after 7 games and he's sticking to it.

He made a call on Collingwood not making the 8 this year 'due to their aging list' and he feels vindicated... even though it's injuries to both young and old that is costing them. hahaha 11 games to go Vort

He made a call on King way back in August 2022. He said he was fragile. He cost us games. He cost us a spot in finals. He possibly cost Ratts his job...etc

Funny thing was that before that...Vort thought King was going to be a superstar

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 9:20am Dint know what happened there🤔
It was a good post. Worth repeating a few times.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We’ll hit a decent patch of form eventually and may even get on a bit of a roll. It could start this week.

King is frustrating but I wouldn’t trade him unless its for something like 3 first rounders which is probably never going to happen.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rubyjo
Club Player

Shabanana
Last edited by Rubyjo on Tue 04 Jun 2024 6:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

"

I get all that but why is he not helping us become a force, he just doesn't feel like a weapon, do you think "weapon" when you think of Max King?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

200cm+ key forwards are so rare. To give one away would be insane.

Okay, he's not Nick Riewoldt or Jeremy Cameron, but he's a handful for opposition backmen. The only reason you would move him on is if you had an equally tall, agile forward who's ready to blossom.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 7:00pm
The only reason you would move him on is if you had an equally tall, agile forward who's ready to blossom.

Enter the Hammer! And he's got some peacock about him which is what you want in a key forward, he's got the ole Dermie head bobble thing going on.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Maybe if Caminiti kept his head still he might not miss simple set shots like he did against Melbourne to get us within a goal

Seriously give it up VortCairn

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

"

Don't mind me, just thinking on my feet with this one, I just want to see King become a weapon in our side and not just an average player that is either an unreliable asset or not performing to an elite level on a consistent basis and always is given excuses for his performances.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Give away a 202cm 100kg power forward top 5 draft selection

And bank on a 193cm 90kg hybrid who was a late mid season selection that lacks ground level ability

You know it makes sense

Caminiti and Sharman were rookie picks for a reason

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

On average he has kicked more goals than Caminiti this year with more goal assists and more marks and takes the best back every week

And has been playing under an injury cloud

But hey Caminiti is the answer :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 8:44pm Give away a 202cm 100kg power forward top 5 draft selection

And bank on a 193cm 90kg hybrid who was a late mid season selection that lacks ground level ability

You know it makes sense

Caminiti and Sharman were rookie picks for a reason
Caminiti is 196cm and 100kg,

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Lol, can't believe people would want to lose to secure a lower pick and a free agent.
I guess they have never been exposed to an elite sporting environment and understand the concept of winning.

F@rk the draft pick, perform to your best every game regardless of the outcome fight for victory in every match like your life depends upon it.

Yep I know it cost North HR, but stuff it.
Never conceded.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti runs around like a headless chook.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Where does it say Hammer is 100kg?

He’s listed as 85
I’d have him around 92-94

Big Max
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 7:12pm
The only reason you would move him on is if you had an equally tall, agile forward who's ready to blossom.

Enter the Hammer! And he's got some peacock about him which is what you want in a key forward, he's got the ole Dermie head bobble thing going on.
Hey Vortex, if you really think Caminitti is that good, what do you reckon we'd get for him in a trade? A couple of early draft picks? A quality mid?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Big Max wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:10pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 7:12pm

Hey Vortex, if you really think Caminitti is that good, what do you reckon we'd get for him in a trade? A couple of early draft picks? A quality mid?

Zero trade value

To be honest I don't really think he's got super star potential, I think he's possibly not reached his ceiling yet whereas with Sharman I'm convinced he's reached his ceiling and not capable of AFL grade footy..

My concerns over Max currently are that he's not going to be a reliable asset whether that be through injury or poor form and attitude, whereas Caminiti I think looks like he won't suffer from those issues and will be a really hard honest team player hence I'm not too concerned about having a super star as our key forward.

I'd like to see Caminiti be gifted the same amount of games as Sharman to see if he can make it...about 40 games.

Sometimes a Messiah can anchor a whole team to the rocks whereas a team of hard working, agreesive competitors desperate for the ultimate success can get the job done.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti to me seems more like the old second ruck/ forward type of player, who does the bulk of the ruck work in the forward half, where Sharman is a straight out forward.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

It's worth remembering that this exact time 12 months ago, Carlton sat 15th, with just four wins. The media was ripping into them, fans were furious and Michael Voss was in deep trouble. Many overlooked their difficult draw and their soft run home. Sydney & GWS sat directly above them. Also suffering underwhelming seasons. All three were long odds to feature in September.

All three made the finals, Carlton and GWS going on to reach the prelims.

Carlton's circuit breaker, a strong win over Gold Coast in Melbourne in June...

2024 isn't dead just yet.

SteeleSaints
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:10pm Oh FFS, King is worth 10 Caminitis who is not even a VFL quality footballer at this point in time.

Glad the Club doesn't listen to hairbrain suggestions.
Caminiti is 3 years behind King in age and development. If they were both 20yo and I was wanting to build a premiership team I would select Caminiti every day of the week. Solely because he is aggressive, he gives second efforts, he chases and tackles and lifts his team mates around him with his enthusiasm. Caminiti has also shown he is pretty resilient and has the frame to fill out into a big strong unit, which is showing now with his rucking. King is always going to be a string bean and as a result will always be injury prone.

King has never looked like he enjoys playing the game its just something he does because he is good at it. Every week it looks like a chore to him and something he would rather not be doing. I dont know if he has always played so sulky but his body language and attitude needs a major shake up IMO. He is a good player but I doubt very much he is ever going to reach the levels his potential shows.