Coaches votes Round 12 vs WCE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coaches votes Round 12 vs WCE

takeaway wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 11:28am
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:00am
takeaway wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 8:50am
As illustrated by Super Duper
Have a look at Duggan's stats versus Wilkie and Sinclair. Are you really saying that Duggan deserves votes ahead of Wilkie and Sinclair?

That's the only way those 'illustrated' numbers work

Also...dingbat...antogoniser...what you're trying to argue is that the WCE Eagles coach is observant and rational by giving Wilkie best on ground...but the Saints coach doesn't rate Wilkie's game at all. :lol: :lol:

Dingbat!
Its the coaches' votes, not mine.

You lost me at the word "stats". You really do go overboard on "stats". Stats enough. Watch the game, man, that's what the coaches do.

The coaches' votes are now official and go into the record, who cares how the coaches actually voted, unless you want to try to find an angle to bag one of the coaches. It's only a guess anyway. Childish stuff.
I know I lost you... I know why your salty too and I know why you questioned me after The_Dud posted his initial post in this thread...

You get confused with numbers... don't you?

I enjoyed it when 'perfectionist' would post coaches votes. I thought I'd continue the tradition. He was one of the few who liked to work out the combinations. Never saw you do it ...dingbat!!

Once I explained it to you simply that there's no way the Saints coach gave Duggan 3... you were still trying to point out to saynta that my original thinking was wrong

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 11:39am
Have a look at Duggan's stats versus Wilkie and Sinclair. Are you really saying that Duggan deserves votes ahead of Wilkie and Sinclair?

Also...dingbat...antogoniser...what you're trying to argue is that the WCE Eagles coach is observant and rational by giving Wilkie best on ground...but the Saints coach doesn't rate Wilkie's game at all. :lol: :lol:

Dingbat!

You lost me at the word "stats". You really do go overboard on "stats". Stats enough. Watch the game, man, that's what the coaches do.

The coaches' votes are now official and go into the record, who cares how the coaches actually voted, unless you want to try to find an angle to bag one of the coaches. It's only a guess anyway. Childish stuff.
I know I lost you... I know why your salty too and I know why you questioned me after The_Dud posted his initial post in this thread...

I enjoyed it when 'perfectionist' would post coaches votes. I thought I'd continue the tradition. He was one of the few who liked to work out the combinations. Never saw you do it ...dingbat!!

Once I explained it to you simply that there's no way the Saints coach gave Duggan 3... you were still trying to point out to saynta that my original thinking was wrong
Not "salty" at all. "Dingbat", antagonist, etc points to the fact that you are salty one!

Glad you admitted that there are several combinations possible - that's all I was pointing out, not just your "interpretation". Try to remember that, the next time you get your abacus out after coaches' votes.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2024 9:07pm Surprised with no love for Windy since his move on to Reid essentially won us the match.

Not sure how many other players in the comp can do a job on a rampaging Reid … or a Nick Daicos. Windhager has stitched the both of them up this season. That’s a handy card to have up our sleeves.

Usually I much prefer the attacking, ball-winning type of game-changer, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Windy probably deserved a vote (I gave him one), but I wouldn't say he won us the game. Reid has torn every game he's played apart in the first half and always fades after the big break. He needs to develop a tank. Watch out when he does!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 11:58am
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 11:39am

Dingbat!

Not "salty" at all. "Dingbat", antagonist, etc points to the fact that you are salty one!

Glad you admitted that there are several combinations possible - that's all I was pointing out, not just your "interpretation". Try to remember that, the next time you get your abacus out after coaches' votes.
"abacus"... that's good

Stick to the humour and try not to post when numbers are involved

Oh...and combinations need justification

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:39pm
"abacus"... that's good

Problem is there is no way to prove your "justification", it is just your view, others may think otherwise, and it doesn't really matter anyway.
Bit of a waste of time really.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 1:26pm
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:39pm
"abacus"... that's good

Problem is there is no way to prove your "justification", it is just your view, others may think otherwise, and it doesn't really matter anyway.
Bit of a waste of time really.
Have a look at my very first post. I said "I think" this is how they voted

Why didn't you just post your configuration with your specific reasoning... instead of wasting everyone's time

saynta
Saintsational Legend

In the overall scheme of things, does it really matter?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 4:41am
Could have been:
ROSS
5 wood
4 nas
3 Duggan
2 Yeo
1. Dow

SIMPKIN
5 Wilkie
4. Nas
3. Yeo
2. Wood
1. Ryan

Then top 2 from each coach are saints. I could see the oppo coach rating Wilkie game as he thwarted so many of their attacks
Or...

Saints Coach
Wilkie 5
Nas 4
Yeo 3
Wood 2
Dow 1

Eagles Coach
Wood 5
Nas 4
Duggan 3
Yeo 2
Ryan 1

The Duggan vote totally threw me. Still don't get how any coach could value Duggan as being more influential than half a dozen others

Next week. Someone else's turn to interpret :mrgreen: :idea:

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 2:59pm
SuperDuper wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 4:41am
Could have been:
ROSS
5 wood
4 nas
3 Duggan
2 Yeo
1. Dow

SIMPKIN
5 Wilkie
4. Nas
3. Yeo
2. Wood
1. Ryan

Then top 2 from each coach are saints. I could see the oppo coach rating Wilkie game as he thwarted so many of their attacks
Or...

Saints Coach
Wilkie 5
Nas 4
Yeo 3
Wood 2
Dow 1

Eagles Coach
Wood 5
Nas 4
Duggan 3
Yeo 2
Ryan 1

The Duggan vote totally threw me. Still don't get how any coach could value Duggan as being more influential than half a dozen others

Next week. Someone else's turn to interpret :mrgreen: :idea:
Nah, go for it Scols. I'll stay quiet, especially if Gold Coast win by 22 pts and the two Bens combine for 9 goals.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 12:07pm
bigcarl wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2024 9:07pm Surprised with no love for Windy since his move on to Reid essentially won us the match.

Not sure how many other players in the comp can do a job on a rampaging Reid … or a Nick Daicos. Windhager has stitched the both of them up this season. That’s a handy card to have up our sleeves.

Usually I much prefer the attacking, ball-winning type of game-changer, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Windy probably deserved a vote (I gave him one), but I wouldn't say he won us the game. Reid has torn every game he's played apart in the first half and always fades after the big break. He needs to develop a tank. Watch out when he does!
Well we all see it differently and that’s ok. For mine, once he stopped Reid the result was never in doubt, so I gave him BOG.

While I’ve got you, and knowing you are an avid watcher of Sandi, how far off would you think Arie Schoenmaker is and what sort of a role would you envisage as his best.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 6:59pm

While I’ve got you, and knowing you are an avid watcher of Sandi, how far off would you think Arie Schoenmaker is and what sort of a role would you envisage as his best.
Arie is probably likely to get a game soon if he presents himself into the game more, as he is doing now.
Early on he just looked for space and picked up easy possessions.
He'll probably get a game down back, where he can use his booming boot.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell