Still effing pathetic

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Re: Still effing pathetic

saynta wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 8:09pm
Sainternist wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 8:05pm
saynta wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 8:28pm Bit better in the second half thanks mainly to Windy.

I would still sack the coach/coaches.
Just out of interest, if Lyon was to clear out his desk at Linton Street, who would be your #1 replacement?
Good question and a simple answer, Enright.
Love your passion for the Saints saynta, but unfortunately you and your fellow travelers are in for a bloody long wait before St Kilda appoints someone to replace Ross Lyon.

I feel really sorry for you because your utter contempt for and despise of Lyon prompts you to start threads and post comments mid-game that in hindsight are surely embarrassing??

As painful as it can be to watch St Kilda playing poorly, I have long ago decided that there's no point getting all worked up about it, getting cranky at players or coaches only adds to the misery.....

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately, or fortunately your sorrow is misplaced. I usually don't post in the match day thread for a number of reasons, some of which are f****** obvious.

Do I despise the coach and hold him in contempt? No not really, but then I was against him being reappointed as I believe, rightly, that he had already cost us a couple of flags.I have no misplaced love for him though.

I was prepared however to give him a fair go and I refrained from bagging him for over a year, but no longer. The guy is a dud with outdated ideas and a shocking dull game plan. Can he win us our second premiership? I no longer think so. Sadly he is a disappointment. After undergoing major surgery 10 or 11 weeks ago, I realise I don't have many years left to see the boys win their 2nd flag and that realisation probably affects how I react.

Yes, they are painful to watch and the past few weeks have been hard to take. Saturday by half time I had enough of the crap being dished up, hence my post. Do I offer an apology in hindsight. No f****** way. Was I embarressed when they turned the game around? No f****** way, but pleased as punch.

I have really only bagged one player over the past 70 odd years and that player's name wont be spoken by me.

Appreciate your post though, even if you are way of beam as to my feelings and thoughs,

Hopefully you are wrong about he club keeping Lyon on long term. Even the president must have limits to the amount of crap he can tolerate his club serving up to the public.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2024 5:18pm
As painful as it can be to watch St Kilda playing poorly, I have long ago decided that there's no point getting all worked up about it, getting cranky at players or coaches only adds to the misery.....
Good advice 👍

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2024 6:02pm
Good advice 👍
Yes, but there are limits.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 8:09pm
Sainternist wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 8:05pm
saynta wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 8:28pm Bit better in the second half thanks mainly to Windy.

I would still sack the coach/coaches.
Just out of interest, if Lyon was to clear out his desk at Linton Street, who would be your #1 replacement?
Good question and a simple answer, Enright.
Love your passion for the Saints saynta, but unfortunately you and your fellow travelers are in for a bloody long wait before St Kilda appoints someone to replace Ross Lyon.

I feel really sorry for you because your utter contempt for and despise of Lyon prompts you to start threads and post comments mid-game that in hindsight are surely embarrassing??

Superbly said
Let the haters hate and the cobbler….cobble

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The problem with Ross Lyon is that he doesn't listen to his own rhetoric. He wants to micro manage and he wants control over areas that aren't his domain

E.g. player development

Took him a while to listen to what people were telling him about Phillipou

Let's hope he listens to the advice from DC, Lenny Hayes and Batchelor

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 1:42am The problem with Ross Lyon is that he doesn't listen to his own rhetoric. He wants to micro manage and he wants control over areas that aren't his domain

E.g. player development

How do you know? What is the advice from Hayes, DC and Batchelor. What about Harvey and BJ. You are all over the shop Scols.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 8:56am
Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 1:42am The problem with Ross Lyon is that he doesn't listen to his own rhetoric. He wants to micro manage and he wants control over areas that aren't his domain

E.g. player development

How do you know? What is the advice from Hayes, DC and Batchelor. What about Harvey and BJ. You are all over the shop Scols.
You're an antagonist

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The_Dud wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 9:44am
You need to be careful Teffers, you’ve always been a good poster who is now fast becoming a parody.
Be careful !?
Be careful of what??

It's posting an opinion on a football forum!!

Be careful Teffers, you might type something online that some anonymous dribbler disagrees with !!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

E.g. player development

:wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:48am
You need to be careful Teffers, you’ve always been a good poster who is now fast becoming a parody.
Be careful !?
Be careful of what??

Be careful Teffers, you might type something online that some anonymous dribbler disagrees with !!!
Really? I've yet to see more than one post he/she has posted that I would agree with.

Sanctorum
Club Player

E.g. player development

Scollop, unless you have access to someone within the inner sanctum at Moorabbin, and perhaps you have, speculating about what goes on within closed doors in football operations is of dubious quality. This also applies to people in the footy media who have often reported things that are later proven to be quite wrong.

Ross Lyon attracts a lot of opprobrium, a lot of this being due to having not been able to take teams he has coached to win premierships.

For Saints supporters this was exacerbated by his preference to take up the millions of dollars offered by Fremantle at the end of 2011, rather than stay on the journey with St Kilda, which alienated a lot of staunch supporters.

The accumulation of these factors makes those who disagree with his reappointment come out with assertions that unless verifiable by a credible source are entirely worthless.

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 1:04pm

E.g. player development

Ross Lyon attracts a lot of opprobrium, a lot of this being due to having not been able to take teams he has coached to win premierships.

For Saints supporters this was exacerbated by his preference to take up the millions of dollars offered by Fremantle at the end of 2011, rather than stay on the journey with St Kilda, which alienated a lot of staunch supporters.

Ain't that the truth. He f***ed up then took the money and ran. Nothing will make me change my mind on that.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

E.g. player development

Scollop, unless you have access to someone within the inner sanctum at Moorabbin, and perhaps you have, speculating about what goes on within closed doors in football operations is of dubious quality. This also applies to people in the footy media who have often reported things that are later proven to be quite wrong.

The accumulation of these factors makes those who disagree with his reappointment come out with assertions that unless verifiable by a credible source are entirely worthless.
I assure you Sanctorum, my criticism of Lyon is specific to development and getting the best out of the available talent on the list.

I don't care that he left St Kilda in 2011or whether he took up a great offer from Freo.

In 2009 and 2010 it was stubbornness and arrogance (that meant young players left to other clubs). This time around, I just think it's a little bit of incompetence and mostly stubbornness that is questionable regarding the development of Phillipou

I'm not an insider, but you don't have to be to see a few things. I love my footy. I saw things unfolding in 2009 and I wasn't happy back then with how Ross treated players and how he valued some and not others.

I wasn't happy how Ball was treated publicly and how we dumped Goose and X. I wasn't happy how we lost Ball for zero return. I wasn't happy that we lost Lynch to Adelaide.

I don't want the same mistakes being made, and I don't want to lose young talent to other teams. I also don't want some of our good senior players leaving

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 1:26pm

E.g. player development

I assure you Sanctorum, my criticism of Lyon is specific to development and getting the best out of the available talent on the list.

I don't care that he left St Kilda in 2011or whether he took up a great offer from Freo.

In 2009 and 2010 it was stubbornness and arrogance (that meant young players left to other clubs). This time around, I just think it's a little bit of incompetence and mostly stubbornness that is questionable regarding the development of Phillipou

I'm not an insider, but you don't have to be to see a few things. I love my footy. I saw things unfolding in 2009 and I wasn't happy back then with how Ross treated players and how he valued some and not others.

I wasn't happy how Ball was treated publicly and how we dumped Goose and X. I wasn't happy how we lost Ball for zero return. I wasn't happy that we lost Lynch to Adelaide.

I don't want the same mistakes being made, and I don't want to lose young talent to other teams. I also don't want some of our good senior players leaving
Not much I would disagree with you there.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:48am
Be careful !?
Be careful of what??

😂

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

E.g. player development

He’s gone on a bender ole mollusc 😂
Bender of blind hatred ..
I bet he goes into Woolies just ranting at the poor checkout kids…

“Yeah….nah””
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 11:11pm

E.g. player development

The Mollusc has succeeded in vanishing up his own arse, shell and all.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 04 Jun 2024 11:59pm

E.g. player development

If I'm a mollusc, you're a cockroach

We all know Teflon is a slug. Slimy and slippery

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2024 12:03am

E.g. player development

Back on topic. The bolded comments on Pou.

Opinion or fact?

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2024 4:36am

E.g. player development

Opinion or fact?
Made up as the mollusc goes along. Or he thinks Ross Lyon reads the comments here and takes our advice!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Good work roachy

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2024 11:56am

Made up as the mollusc goes along. Or he thinks Ross Lyon reads the comments here and takes our advice!
Lyon could do worse than listen to his naysayers here on this forum.
Our recruiters, likewise.

46 possessions to Sicily, 44 to Martin .... seriously, opposition half backs getting (gifted, more like it) more possessions this year alone than Steele could ever manage over his career playing as a midfielder!
And we're going to be okay with that, and blindly/silently support that?

Is that how we define a good supporter?

Lyon has more chance of gifting a defender 50 possessions plus than anything else - high time he starts listening to and following this forum.
Last edited by samoht on Wed 05 Jun 2024 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2024 11:56am
nostalgicsaint wrote: Wed 05 Jun 2024 4:36am

E.g. player development

Opinion or fact?
Well lyon certainly wouldn't be interested in the views of a trump lover. IMHFO

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Come on kiddies….