Coaches votes Round 12 vs WCE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Coaches votes Round 12 vs WCE

8 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (STK)
7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

Nasiah voted best player on the ground

No votes for Windhager from coaches but his team mates and Saints fans say thanks for doing a great job ๐Ÿ‘

Wilkie undervalued by Saintsational voters

Pissweak and biased voting by Simpson. I think he gave Yeo the 5 and Duggan the 3. Duggan was average and Yeo didn't win them the game

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coaches votes Round 12 vs WCE

Nas 4+4
Wood 5+2
Yeo 5
Wilkie 2+3
Duggan 3

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: โ†‘Mon 03 Jun 2024 5:36pm 8 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (STK)
7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

No votes for Windhager from coaches but his team mates and Saints fans say thanks for doing a great job ๐Ÿ‘

Pissweak and biased voting by Simpson. I think he gave Yeo the 5 and Duggan the 3. Duggan was average and Yeo didn't win them the game
Why is it always assumed the coach (or whoever does the votes for him) votes more so for his team than the opposition? I would think quite often the reverse is true.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: โ†‘Mon 03 Jun 2024 5:51pm
7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

Why is it always assumed the coach (or whoever does the votes for him) votes more so for his team than the opposition? I would think quite often the reverse is true.
Oh...of course

How silly of me.

Ross Lyon or Corry Enright gave Yeo 5 and gave 3 to Duggan for his significant contribution

If you believe that...then you also believe they thought Duggan was more influential than Mason Wood

saynta
Saintsational Legend

7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

Because it ii obvious how both coaches voted.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Surprised with no love for Windy since his move on to Reid essentially won us the match.

Not sure how many other players in the comp can do a job on a rampaging Reid โ€ฆ or a Nick Daicos. Windhager has stitched the both of them up this season. Thatโ€™s a handy card to have up our sleeves.

Usually I much prefer the attacking, ball-winning type of game-changer, but thereโ€™s more than one way to skin a cat.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 03 Jun 2024 9:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Wilkie could have got 5 and Yeo 3+2

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
takeaway
Club Player

saynta wrote: โ†‘Mon 03 Jun 2024 6:32pm
7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

Because it ii obvious how both coaches voted.
Yep, obvious to those with a closed mind.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saints Coach/winning team

5 Wood
4 Nasiah
3 Wilkie
2 Yeo (the best player from the opposition)
1 Dow

WCE coach/losing team

5 Yeo (his own player was arguably best o g. Highest disposals. 14 contested. 8 clearances. He wants to keep Yeo or ...pump up his value if there's any offer that's too good to refuse)
4 Nasiah (opposition player he thinks hurt them the most)
3 Duggan
2 Wilkie (opposition defender with most rebounds and intercepts)
1 Ryan

If Saints coach doesn't give Wilkie 3, then the only other combination (as suggested by The_Dud) means that the Saints coach gives Duggan 3 and Wilkie 0.

Do you think that's logical? Does it make sense that a Saints coach would value Duggan's 2 clearances and 3 score involvements more than Wilkie's 13 intercept possessions and 3 score involvements?

Sinclair had 7 contested possessions and 2 clearances. Same as Duggan.
Sinclair's 6 x SI's (double that of Duggan) and Sinclair kicked a goal. Duggan didn't.

Does it make sense if WCE coach gives Wilkie 5 and values his own player in Yeo less. Have a look at the WCE coach votes in the AFLCA award. He has given Yeo top votes for the side this year more than once. He also rewards mids and forwards more than defenders.

I think takeaway wants to argue for the sake of arguing. He likes opposing most things I post ๐Ÿ˜

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I would've found a way to include Barrass and McGovern before Duggan, Yeo and Ryan

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the โค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ–ค and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SuperDuper
Club Player

Scollop wrote: โ†‘Mon 03 Jun 2024 11:53pm Saints Coach/winning team

5 Wood
4 Nasiah
3 Wilkie
1 Dow

WCE coach/losing team

5 Yeo (his own player was arguably best o g. Highest disposals. 14 contested. 8 clearances. He wants to keep Yeo or ...pump up his value if there's any offer that's too good to refuse)
3 Duggan
1 Ryan

If Saints coach doesn't give Wilkie 3, then the only other combination (as suggested by The_Dud) means that the Saints coach gives Duggan 3 and Wilkie 0.

Do you think that's logical? Does it make sense that a Saints coach would value Duggan's 2 clearances and 3 score involvements more than Wilkie's 13 intercept possessions and 3 score involvements?

Sinclair's 6 x SI's (double that of Duggan) and Sinclair kicked a goal. Duggan didn't.

Does it make sense if WCE coach gives Wilkie 5 and values his own player in Yeo less. Have a look at the WCE coach votes in the AFLCA award. He has given Yeo top votes for the side this year more than once. He also rewards mids and forwards more than defenders.

I think takeaway wants to argue for the sake of arguing. He likes opposing most things I post ๐Ÿ˜
Could have been:
ROSS
5 wood
4 nas
3 Duggan
2 Yeo
1. Dow

SIMPKIN
5 Wilkie
4. Nas
3. Yeo
2. Wood
1. Ryan

Then top 2 from each coach are saints. I could see the oppo coach rating Wilkie game as he thwarted so many of their attacks

SuperDuper
Club Player

5 Wood
4 Nasiah
3 Wilkie
1 Dow

WCE coach/losing team

3 Duggan
1 Ryan

Could have been:
ROSS
5 wood
4 nas
3 Duggan
2 Yeo
1. Dow

SIMPKIN
5 Wilkie
4. Nas
3. Yeo
2. Wood
1. Ryan

Then top 2 from each coach are saints. I could see the oppo coach rating Wilkie game as he thwarted so many of their attacks

SuperDuper
Club Player

5 Wood
4 Nasiah
3 Wilkie
1 Dow

WCE coach/losing team

3 Duggan
1 Ryan

Could have been:
ROSS
5 wood
4 nas
3 Duggan
2 Yeo
1. Dow

SIMPKIN
5 Wilkie
4. Nas
3. Yeo
2. Wood
1. Ryan

King Max
Club Player

Itโ€™s f****** obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Lyon
7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)

Simpson
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

Everyone happy now?

takeaway
Club Player

King Max wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 7:43am Itโ€™s f****** obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Lyon
7 Mason Wood (STK)
5 Callum Wilkie (STK)
1 Paddy Dow (STK)

Simpson
5 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
3 Liam Duggan (WCE)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)

Everyone happy now?
Yes, that's how some see it.

takeaway
Club Player

5 Wood
4 Nasiah
3 Wilkie
1 Dow

WCE coach/losing team

3 Duggan
1 Ryan

No, I like to correct most things you post. Your scenario above gives Yeo 7 votes. Did you mean that?

As illustrated by Super Duper, the are other alternatives which are quite logical. My point is your assumption (every week), that the coach favours his team in the voting is not necessarily right.

From my viewpoint, I reckon there is no way either coach gave Yeo 5 votes. He is a 3/2. It is also quite possible that the Saints rep gave Ryan the 1 vote and Simpson gave his to Dow. Ryan was a nuisance all match, and was given some attention by Saint's coaches.

Very important stuff.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 4:41am
Could have been:
ROSS
5 wood
4 nas
3 Duggan
2 Yeo
1. Dow

SIMPKIN
5 Wilkie
4. Nas
3. Yeo
2. Wood
1. Ryan

Yes. 'could' have been.

Possible. Yes. But highly unlikely...because as I stated there's no fkn way on Earth that Duggan is going to be voted by the Saints coach to have earned 3 votes

The ONLY way the above scenario works is if you believe that Saints coach thinks Duggan deserves votes ahead of ALL Saints players including Wilkie, Sinclair, Marshall, Steele, Windhager and Battle.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Aside from the two late goals just before half time from the Eagles, the first half was pretty even.
The Eagles kicked late goals in both the first and second quarters to take a small lead into the breaks.
From half time, the Saints were clearly the better team.
Stands to reason, then that both coaches should give the BOG to a Saints player.
Wood (probably from Simpson) as he was the one that genuinely hurt the Eagles on the scoreboard.
Wilkie from Lyon as he was a rock down back.
Yeo may have got the top votes if the Eagles won the game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 8:50am
As illustrated by Super Duper
Have a look at Duggan's stats versus Wilkie and Sinclair. Are you really saying that Duggan deserves votes ahead of Wilkie and Sinclair?

That's the only way those 'illustrated' numbers work

Also...dingbat...antogoniser...what you're trying to argue is that the WCE Eagles coach is observant and rational by giving Wilkie best on ground...but the Saints coach doesn't rate Wilkie's game at all. :lol: :lol:

Dingbat!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:00am Aside from the two late goals just before half time from the Eagles, the first half was pretty even.
The Eagles kicked late goals in both the first and second quarters to take a small lead into the breaks.
Stands to reason, then that both coaches should give the BOG to a Saints player.
Wood (probably from Simpson) as he was the one that genuinely hurt the Eagles on the scoreboard.
You using the word 'reason'

Do the exercise. Work out the numbers for yourself ...or are you going with the Superduper triple post?

Does it stand to reason that the Saints coach would vote for Duggan? Are Duggan's stats and was Duggan's influence more important than Wilkie?

I'd go with it, if it's WCE voting for Duggan...but it's not!!
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:16am, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Clearly Lyon and Simpson no nothing about football

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:12am Clearly Lyon and Simpson no nothing about football
Cheers mate

Superduper says ' top 2 from each coach are saints. I could see the oppo coach rating Wilkie game ' ...thats the only part that makes sense. He even called him SIMPKIN

Easy to critique when you isolate stuff...not so easy when you try and explain each number and each vote and which coach. That's not what he did.
Last edited by Scollop on Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:08am
Life Long Saint wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:00am Aside from the two late goals just before half time from the Eagles, the first half was pretty even.
You using the word 'reason'

Do the exercise. Work out the numbers for yourself ...or are you going with the Superduper triple post?

Does it stand to reason that the Saints coach would vote for Duggan? Are Duggan's stats and was Duggan's influence more important than Wilkie?

I'd go with it, if it's WCE voting for Duggan...but it's not if you believe the Superduper pattern.
Chill out, man! I didn't mention Duggan at all!
Surprised he got votes to be honest...cheap kicks from full back.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:17am Chill out, man! I didn't mention Duggan at all!
Surprised he got votes to be honest...cheap kicks from full back.
Thank you

Cool man :mrgreen:

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 10:00am
takeaway wrote: โ†‘Tue 04 Jun 2024 8:50am
As illustrated by Super Duper
Have a look at Duggan's stats versus Wilkie and Sinclair. Are you really saying that Duggan deserves votes ahead of Wilkie and Sinclair?

That's the only way those 'illustrated' numbers work

Also...dingbat...antogoniser...what you're trying to argue is that the WCE Eagles coach is observant and rational by giving Wilkie best on ground...but the Saints coach doesn't rate Wilkie's game at all. :lol: :lol:

Dingbat!
Its the coaches' votes, not mine.

You lost me at the word "stats". You really do go overboard on "stats". Stats enough. Watch the game, man, that's what the coaches do.

The coaches' votes are now official and go into the record, who cares how the coaches actually voted, unless you want to try to find an angle to bag one of the coaches. It's only a guess anyway. Childish stuff.