Something Is Missing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Big Max
Club Player

Re: Something Is Missing

........... Our players look and act like they’re carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. Maybe it’s the weight of expectation. I’m sure that’s been drummed into them. No premiership for 68 years etc etc.........

But I was 10 years old when we won the flag .. and I'm only 68 now ...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Something Is Missing

Big Max wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 10:58pm ........... Our players look and act like they’re carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. Maybe it’s the weight of expectation. I’m sure that’s been drummed into them. No premiership for 68 years etc etc.........

But I was 10 years old when we won the flag .. and I'm only 68 now ...
I hear ya
We are well overdue
I keep telling myself what I’ll do in the week leading up and after we win it ….just like I tell myself how I’ll spend lottery when I win that…
What I do know though is we have been down the path of band aid, quick fixes for over a decade. It’s gotten us nowhere
No more top up players from other clubs who are B grade when we aren’t near it
As Dal said…we might be in for a little more pain…before we come good …just as long as we come good for a sustainable period of success!

“Yeah….nah””