Still effing pathetic

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Re: Still effing pathetic

HardSaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 3:59am I dont know what the naysayers saw
But I saw a team on its knees regain some composure, a glimmer of self belief and moments of connectedness that we all know were there lurking somewhere not far from the surface

I saw an cocky some would say unstoppable rising star have his ego held in check by a humble hardworking young man, finding out the accolades of AFL football come through application, dedication frustration and not necessarily through a few flashy bursts to establish an ongoing reputation

I saw a fair bit in hostile territory today that i didnt expect to see, least of all coming away with 4 precious points in the bank

The win today was important, while not holding my breath having more or less written the season off, I'm looking forward to the next game rather than dreading it

Come on you Fkn sainters
Great post!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

I thought we did ok given the supposed tweak to the holding the ball rule and we played like it - ie tried to dispose quickly but weren't rewarded when tackling and kept our composure unlike Reid - how we didn't get a fifty or 2 for dissent is amazing.

Saint John
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 1:53am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 11:22pm Windy to Reid should have happened 10 minutes into the second quarter. Did it take Ross getting crook and Enright taking over for it to happen??
It’s nice theory
Goes well with most of your dribble
Not based on facts though
Enright confirmed who coached all day in presser
Carry on with your story though …
If it was Lyon, why did it take til half time to make a move that was obvious to all 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter?

How long are you going to hide from that question?

You need to be careful Teffers, you’ve always been a good poster who is now fast becoming a parody.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
takeaway
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 9:44am
The_Dud wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 11:22pm Windy to Reid should have happened 10 minutes into the second quarter. Did it take Ross getting crook and Enright taking over for it to happen??
It’s nice theory
If it was Lyon, why did it take til half time to make a move that was obvious to all 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter?

You need to be careful Teffers, you’ve always been a good poster who is now fast becoming a parody.
Big picture, Dud

Priority 1 - explore, educate
Priority 2 - win game

Give 'em a go against the young gun, start players in unfamiliar positions, see how they go. No good, make the moves, still win game.

I like it.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Did Enright actually take over the coaching reins?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
nefron55
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 1:51am
saynta wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 11:17pm
Teflon wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 9:54pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 9:03pm Good to see all the happy little Vegemite’s here after a win.

We really know how to kick our heels up around here :D
Yep
Some just revel in their misery
Wot a shyte thread after a hard fought win
We have some crap fans who belong at Collingwood
:roll: :twisted: :wink:
The thread was started at half time before Enright took over the coaching but I suppose that would be beyond your IQ capacity to work out.
Enright confirmed in presser Lyon coached whole game
You’re a trained idiot
Not only did Enright confirm it, one could literally see Ross coaching in the 4th quarter, visually, with their own eyes. The penchant some posters have for crafting theories to reinforce their anger at the coach is really exhausting.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It’s nice theory

I’m still good
I just don’t agree with you
I can totally understand Lyon giving his mids time to prove they can step up - they failed
When that was clear he made the change among others
He’s not a knee jerk coach he backs players in (see Seb Ross who is replace..)
There’s a reason why players internally like Lyon
Instead of whining “why didn’t it happen 10 mins earlier “ how about applaud the fact we have a coach who can think through a problem
Brett couldn’t for dear life …once sides got on a roll we were done

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

nefron55 wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 12:12pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 9:03pm Good to see all the happy little Vegemite’s here after a win.

Yep
The thread was started at half time before Enright took over the coaching but I suppose that would be beyond your IQ capacity to work out.
You’re a trained idiot
Not only did Enright confirm it, one could literally see Ross coaching in the 4th quarter, visually, with their own eyes. The penchant some posters have for crafting theories to reinforce their anger at the coach is really exhausting.
That’s a very good description “theories”
I’d heard before game he’d “lost all the players”
“Steele is fractured..”
it’s just as Lyon states : outside noise
Thank goodness he’s a tough bastard who pays no attention to it
But the theorists will continue- Mehebabblelots has started organising a Kiribilli handover mid game between Lyon and Enright???? WTF

“Yeah….nah””
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 10:16am
It’s nice theory

Big picture, Dud

Priority 1 - explore, educate
Priority 2 - win game

Give 'em a go against the young gun, start players in unfamiliar positions, see how they go. No good, make the moves, still win game.

I like it.

This.

Ross has outwardly stated that priority 1 is to play our game and he doesn't like tagging.

Once that isn't working you make moves to win the game.

I'm sure he would have a different view if we were contending for a premiership- because unlike many on here he can adapt his thinking.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 2:41am Cheapshot Cornes says the game was clearly between two bottom-four sides. but "at least the West Coast have Reid".
Not for next week they don't

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yep
You’re a trained idiot
And you are an untrained clown with daddy issues. :wink:
Of course Enright would say that. If he wants to keep his job.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

It’s nice theory

:wink: 8-) So true.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 10:35am
Did Enright actually take over the coaching reins?
IMHFO....yes

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Yep
Now you're just getting stubborn and desperate. If the thread was started at half time, gee it aged well within an hour!
Strange that I saw Ross in the box looking like he was coaching, in the last minute of the game. I could have sworn that Ross was interviewed at half time where he said he told the players to ignore the scoreboard and that Windhager was going to Reid who was getting out of hand.
I think Enright coaching the second half is your little fantasy.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 2:45pm

Yep
Now you're just getting stubborn and desperate. If the thread was started at half time, gee it aged well within an hour!
Strange that I saw Ross in the box looking like he was coaching, in the last minute of the game. I could have sworn that Ross was interviewed at half time where he said he told the players to ignore the scoreboard and that Windhager was going to Reid who was getting out of hand.
Yup
If he keeps saying it enough maybe it’ll be true…in his own head
Absolutely nonsense

“Yeah….nah””
Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

The first half yes, we were pathetic, especially allowing 2 goals in the last minute of the 2nd quarter anchor is inexcusable.
Some obvious moves were made that worked and yes I will give kudos to the coaching staff for that as they changed the game.
Am I happy we won, if course I am,though more relieved than happy. Am I happy with the football we played to win it, definitely no.
We play the Suns at Marvel next Saturday night so we will see if we start playing some good football and challenge them and possibly win, or withdraw back to the rubbish we have been playing basically since the Collingwood game.
I just want to be excited about going to the football again knowing my team is capable of winning games.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 4:15pm

Yep
:D :lol: :roll: :wink:
Yup
Absolutely nonsense

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 6:59pm The first half yes, we were pathetic, especially allowing 2 goals in the last minute of the 2nd quarter anchor is inexcusable.
Some obvious moves were made that worked and yes I will give kudos to the coaching staff for that as they changed the game.
Am I happy we won, if course I am,though more relieved than happy. Am I happy with the football we played to win it, definitely no.
We play the Suns at Marvel next Saturday night so we will see if we start playing some good football and challenge them and possibly win, or withdraw back to the rubbish we have been playing basically since the Collingwood game.
I just want to be excited about going to the football again knowing my team is capable of winning games.
Yep, good accurate post. At least you know your football unlike some I could name. 8-)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I just hope Ben Long doesn’t make us look silly

loris
Saintsational Legend

Yep
Yup
Absolutely nonsense

loris
Saintsational Legend

Yep
Yup
Absolutely nonsense
Yep, I watched the replay this morning to see what I might have missed live at the game - and yes Ross was interviewed at half time & did say they would put Windy on Reid.
Definitely Ross was in the coaches box right to the end.

Being the ‘’worry wart’ that I am as I’ve watched the Saints since the early 1950’s so I’ve been conditioned never to believe the Saints will win until the siren goes ( though sirengate put that theory to bed).
At the game yesterday, it’s not shown on the big screen how many minutes are left. The time showed we had played just over 30 minutes and a group of the Western Saints members started singing, “Oh When the Saints Go Marching In”. My sister, (who has been following the Saints since 1940’s) looked at me with horror, not knowing how long there was left & said to me, “Our supporters are tempting fate, remember how quickly they got those 2 goals in the final minutes before half time”. Then, about 30 seconds later I looked up at the big screen & there was Ross The Boss putting his biro in his note pad & standing up smirking - so I knew we had won, and happily waited for the siren to sound 🤗

So Ross was on the ground at half time and in the coaches box right until the end.

Later a few of us from the Western Saints were having a quiet chat after the game. I told them I was so worried when they started up the Saints song towards the end, as I thought we might have egg in our faces. Then I was told, they knew we had won, there were only a 90 seconds to go & Eagles would have had to kick three goals to win in that time.
They knew there was only 90 seconds to go as they were watching the game via tv on their mobiles.
That’s a younger generation, everything happens through their mobiles 🤷
The only reason I take my mobile to the footy is to get into the ground. You can’t get into the ground if your ticket isn’t in your mobile - they won’t take a print out copy these days - oh dear that’s progress I guess 👵

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:51pm

Yep
Yup
Absolutely nonsense
Yep, I watched the replay this morning to see what I might have missed live at the game - and yes Ross was interviewed at half time & did say they would put Windy on Reid.

Being the ‘’worry wart’ that I am as I’ve watched the Saints since the early 1950’s so I’ve been conditioned never to believe the Saints will win until the siren goes ( though sirengate put that theory to bed).
At the game yesterday, it’s not shown on the big screen how many minutes are left. The time showed we had played just over 30 minutes and a group of the Western Saints members started singing, “Oh When the Saints Go Marching In”. My sister, (who has been following the Saints since 1940’s) looked at me with horror, not knowing how long there was left & said to me, “Our supporters are tempting fate, remember how quickly they got those 2 goals in the final minutes before half time”. Then, about 30 seconds later I looked up at the big screen & there was Ross The Boss putting his biro in his note pad & standing up smirking - so I knew we had won, and happily waited for the siren to sound 🤗

So Ross was on the ground at half time and in the coaches box right until the end.

Later a few of us from the Western Saints were having a quiet chat after the game. I told them I was so worried when they started up the Saints song towards the end, as I thought we might have egg in our faces. Then I was told, they knew we had won, there were only a 90 seconds to go & Eagles would have had to kick three goals to win in that time.
They knew there was only 90 seconds to go as they were watching the game via tv on their mobiles.
The only reason I take my mobile to the footy is to get into the ground. You can’t get into the ground if your ticket isn’t in your mobile - they won’t take a print out copy these days - oh dear that’s progress I guess 👵
Have to say it felt like an eternity that last minute or so …and I agree you never know with Saints….ive seen defeat snatched from the jaws of victory previously!!

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 8:28pm Bit better in the second half thanks mainly to Windy.

I would still sack the coach/coaches.
Just out of interest, if Lyon was to clear out his desk at Linton Street, who would be your #1 replacement?

I have a gut feeling the next coach after Lyon will be Luke Beveridge. Here is me reading tealeaves: Dogs miss the finals this year, Bevo doesn’t get his contract renewed. At the end of 2026, Lyon’s contract is up and the club doesn’t renew it. Bevo after 2 years of respite is keen to coach an AFL team again and given his history with St.Kilda, he’s up for the challenge of coaching them to an elusive premiership, like he did with the Doggies.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 8:05pm
saynta wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 8:28pm Bit better in the second half thanks mainly to Windy.

I would still sack the coach/coaches.
Just out of interest, if Lyon was to clear out his desk at Linton Street, who would be your #1 replacement?

I have a gut feeling the next coach after Lyon will be Luke Beveridge. Here is me reading tealeaves: Dogs miss the finals this year, Bevo doesn’t get his contract renewed. At the end of 2026, Lyon’s contract is up and the club doesn’t renew it. Bevo after 2 years of respite is keen to coach an AFL team again and given his history with St.Kilda, he’s up for the challenge of coaching them to an elusive premiership, like he did with the Doggies.
Good question and a simple answer, Enright.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 7:51pm

Yep
Yup
Absolutely nonsense

Loris, the mystery and suspense of when the siren is going to go is now a thing of the past. I hope this doesn’t come across as sacrilege, but I actually think the AFL should introduce the countdown clock to be on full display at all games. For one, it would save us from having to look at our darn smart phones, checking the app to see how much time is left. But I think it could add a little more to the game if the players were in full view of the time remaining.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!