Sandringham v Frankston

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

Re: Sandringham v Frankston

Webster, Wilkie, Howard
Sinclair, Battle, Milera

Heath, Steele, Dow, Windhager
Wood, Hill

Henry, Membry, Wilson
Owens, Hammer, Higgins

Clark, Butler, Sharman, Bonner

Sub: Crouch

If Marshall is okay Sharman doesn't come in (Heath to play fwd and ruck with Marshall)

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 11:00pm It looked like Garcia with a hamstring or leg complaint in the last 5 minutes. Nothing said about it though.
Said it was cramping - but it was iced as a precaution.

It was F@rking Cold down there last night - Heath was massive - Coops bobbed up at the right time

To the Frankston Supporters - it was a good game - but if the ball was out when kicked - the goal still counts and Sandy still win by a point - History cannot be changed.

To the guys outside the change rooms trying to rush security - Stay Classy Frankston!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Killa
Club Player

The obvious solution for St Kilda FC is to sack all Administrators from the President down and to sack all Football Support staff immediately

And to deploy BM as the Dictator at St Kilda FC (I assume an Incorporated body)

BM being an anonymous contributor to a social media site

BM will obviously have the time given its presence on this site

And is most obviously expert in everything football given his opinions, opinions critical of the current regime which is St Kilda FC a regime which turns talented footballers into hacks

I note its reference to conditions at Frankston on a Saturday night and which may have contributed to a contested game (hence the number of tap outs attributed to Heath)

But BM would know!!!!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Are you fascinated by me idiot

Focus on the footy and give your enlightenment

I do

It’s a footy forum - am I not allowed to comment on the footy

You can, but no
You’d rather be obsessed by me
Moron

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I was actually there Killa

Were you?!

If not STFu

Killa
Club Player

Touched a nerve have we BM (and that is a statement not a question)

Your “opinions” are nothing more and nothing less than criticism, picking fault exclusively including not only every player but also the Administration and the Football Department

And with your snide comments re the kids we have on our list having their footballing abilities coached out of them

For one, I am tired of you invading every thread as you do with the same insulting rubbish

And in terms of me being an idiot, well, the old story is it takes one to know one

St Kilda is playing with some passengers at present and for a raft of reasons including recovery to match fit from injury

What we have seen is opportunity given to some kids - where on the one hand you accuse of bruise free football and on the other criticise that these kids are doing the inside work in miserable weather conditions

Killa
Club Player

And low life with no credibility resort to profanities and name calling

The response to calling out your continual, one dimensional tripe is to respond “STFU”

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I have exactly the same amount of credibility as you champ

You want to be obsessed by me, that’s your issue

Me,
I’ll call what I see at the footy

If that hurts your feeling and you feel the need to worry about me, that’s your problem

Here’s a thought
Give us your opinion on how we are going this year

4 wins
3 of those
North 18th
Richmond 17th
WCE 16th

Yep we are farken flying

B.M
Saintsational Legend

BTW
Were you at the VFL?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 1:20pm BTW
Were you at the VFL?
8-) :D :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

We have to move past Sharman, as BM pointed out, he's a good VFL player but that's it. He's had plenty of opportunity at VFL level to prove he can play at the level but always struggles. He's got very limited tricks with his only strength being mark and kick, if that doesn't work for him he's unable to bring anything else to the contest.

Sounds like Heath is close to a call up and so he'd be my choice for a King replacement, if Hayes was available it would be Hayes without out a doubt.

Our forward line worked really well without King yesterday so Heath is worth a go...a good opportunity to give him his first game and see how he handles AFL....his time is running out.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 2:34pm We have to move past Sharman, as BM pointed out, he's a good VFL player but that's it. He's had plenty of opportunity at VFL level to prove he can play at the level but always struggles. He's got very limited tricks with his only strength being mark and kick, if that doesn't work for him he's unable to bring anything else to the contest.

Sounds like Heath is close to a call up and so he'd be my choice for a King replacement, if Hayes was available it would be Hayes without out a doubt.

Our forward line worked really well without King yesterday so Heath is worth a go...a good opportunity to give him his first game and see how he handles AFL....his time is running out.
Its a bit early to put a line through Sharman. He has just had 3 preseasons and I doubt he's played 50 games yet. He's a tall forward or defender and they take longer. Very much worth persisting with and still has good potential.
I want to see Heath do this for a bit longer, however his recent form is encouraging.
Our forward line working well in the final quarter had nothing to do with King, strictly a coincidence. Our connection between midfield and forward 50 was far better in the last quarter, in fact the best it has been since the Collingwood game. King would've benefitted from that if not injured.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I find it hard to see Heath transitioning successfully to the AFL at this stage. At 204cm he has the height but he still lacks the physical strength required given that he's not the high leaping athletic type.

He moves like an old fashion ruckman. If he came up against a talented, agile ruckman in the AFL they would jump all over him and run him off his legs. If he came up against a monster he would simply get thrown aside.

He has a poor tank, as well.

If he can get up to the 105 kg size and develop some real strength he could become a modest AFL ruckman

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We should have learned by now with the examples of Acres, Hind and others that the issue of players' development stagnating comes down to a lack of real player development. I put it down to Sandy - I mean come on, they were lucky to beat the Dolphins last night, seriously.
End this bullsh1t alignment asap.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If I were Sandy

I’d put it down to StK

StK run the show at Sandy, have done since Simon McPhee coached their in 2013 and was head of development at StK

Stk has full control over selection. Game plan and coaching at Sandy.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

It’s not Sandringham’s job to develop StK players

That lies fair and square with the development team at StK

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Max Heath will be a good VFL back up ruckman at StK

He’s not much better than that

Sharman
Is a mark - kick player and as such, isn’t big enough to impact at AFL level

He has great hands, and is a nice kick - and if he was 196/95 he’d make it. At 193/90 he hasn’t got the craft of a Gunston or Fritch

His ground level footy is average

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 4:19pm We should have learned by now with the examples of Acres, Hind and others that the issue of players' development stagnating comes down to a lack of real player development. I put it down to Sandy - I mean come on, they were lucky to beat the Dolphins last night, seriously.
End this bullsh1t alignment asap.

The real lesson is development takes time and not to make early judgement.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
The G Train Legacy
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 11:58pm Watched it

Wet and slippery

Sandy were outplayed most of the night and stole it

Lost the i50 count by 20

Sharman is a good mark at VFL level because he’s not undersized- he does a few good things - but has glaring weaknesses - basically if he doesn’t clunk it - he is useless

Heath imo was BOG
Schoenmaker is the best kick I’ve seen at stk since BJ but is a very uncontested player
Crouch battled hard
Garcia and Phillipou have lost any junior flair they may have had and are just clearance hack players who tackle now. Neither got a touch outside of stoppage Garcia 13poss and 13 tackles
Phillipou 24 and 10 tackles

Hall was a damaging mid at BH who averaged 24ppg

Played as a small forward had about 10 possessions- we will Nick Hind him!!!

Very good win though - Frankston aren’t bad
An Ex Sainter Jack Newnes
Son of a guns
Tyson Milne - ex Sandy
Jackson Voss
Mitch Owens brother - ex Sandy
Philliupou got it 24 times, good he's building. Do you know how many clearances he got?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Sun 02 Jun 2024 12:14pm Touched a nerve have we BM (and that is a statement not a question)

Your “opinions” are nothing more and nothing less than criticism, picking fault exclusively including not only every player but also the Administration and the Football Department

And with your snide comments re the kids we have on our list having their footballing abilities coached out of them

For one, I am tired of you invading every thread as you do with the same insulting rubbish

And in terms of me being an idiot, well, the old story is it takes one to know one

St Kilda is playing with some passengers at present and for a raft of reasons including recovery to match fit from injury

What we have seen is opportunity given to some kids - where on the one hand you accuse of bruise free football and on the other criticise that these kids are doing the inside work in miserable weather conditions
Keep posting Killa enjoy your stuff
Haters gonna hate

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Oh f*** finally teffers has got a kindred traveller

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I can’t hear you old fella ???

“Yeah….nah””
Killa
Club Player

One of the passengers is Seb Ross - who should be at Frankston with Cordy and Campbell giving support to the kids being developed

In fact, Ross has traded on his past achievements for far, far too long

That is one fault of our previous Coach and the current Coach

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Played out of position

Cordy and Campbell didn’t play at Frankston

Next

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Oh no