The Game Plan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The Game Plan

In the beginning, there was a game plan,
And then came the assumptions,
And the assumptions were without form,
And the game plan without substance.

And the darkness was upon the face of the supporters,
And they spoke among themselves, saying,
"It is a crock of shite and it stinks."

And the supporters went unto their Forum, saying,
"It is a pile of dung, and we cannot live with the smell."

And the Forum was read and thus it went to the Player's Managers, with the message
"It is a container of manure, and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."

And the Player's Managers went unto the Assistant Coaches, saying,
"It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide by its strength."

And the Assistant Coaches spoke among themselves, saying to one another,
"It contains that which aids plants growth, and it is very strong."

And then the Assistant Coaches went to the Coach, saying unto him,
"It promotes growth, and it is very powerful."

And the Coach went to the Board, saying unto him,
"This new game plan will actively promote the growth and vigor of the team with very powerful effects."

And the Board looked upon the plan,
And saw that it was good,
And the Game plan was implemented.

And this, my friends, is why the Game Plan is Shite.
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Fri 31 May 2024 7:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: The Game Plan

And the opposition half back flankers rejoiced.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

The game plan is ok IMO. Boring to watch, but proven to be effective over many years. We’ve struggled this year with having the right players on the ground to deliver it. It’s been a combination of injuries, poor selection choices, and some players losing a bit of form.

Lyon is great at coaching his plan, but stubborn and inflexible about making minor adjustments when there are issues with personnel. I think we’be got a list that is capable of doing a lot better than we’ve done this year. But Lyon could have used it a bit more imaginatively than he has done.

I’m feeling more and more keen about someone’s suggestion here a while back that Lyon should be elevated to a coaching mentor role and Boris should replace him.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saynta
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Fri 31 May 2024 6:25pm The game plan is ok IMO. Boring to watch, but proven to be effective over many years. We’ve struggled this year with having the right players on the ground to deliver it. It’s been a combination of injuries, poor selection choices, and some players losing a bit of form.

Lyon is great at coaching his plan, but stubborn and inflexible about making minor adjustments when there are issues with personnel. I think we’be got a list that is capable of doing a lot better than we’ve done this year. But Lyon could have used it a bit more imaginatively than he has done.

I’m feeling more and more keen about someone’s suggestion here a while back that Lyon should be elevated to a coaching mentor role and Boris should replace him.
Great idea.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Fri 31 May 2024 6:25pm The game plan is ok IMO. Boring to watch, but proven to be effective over many years. We’ve struggled this year with having the right players on the ground to deliver it. It’s been a combination of injuries, poor selection choices, and some players losing a bit of form.

After Malthouse/Buckley and Clarkson/Mitchell what could possibly go wrong?

"But Malthouse and Clarkson were egomaniacs" did I hear you say? :twisted: