Team for Saturday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team for Saturday

saynta wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 7:09pm lyin won't play Crouch . Effing typical.
Tanking?

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Wasn’t Steele named our Best on the weekend

Got the max votes on SS

Leads the SS player of the year by heap

Would be leading the B&F by a heap - his third TBA and 6 times on the podium!

Yep
Drop him to the reserves!!!

F*** there’s some nonsense sprouted on here

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

**** me for the love of the lord to all you nuffies whingeing Crouch ain’t playing
Lyons STATED in the presser he’d love to play Crouch - the knee is obviously still the issue
As for Steele - he’s a second to the ball midfielder…if he wants to sook it up and we can get a good deal …do the deal
Wont be leading us to a flag

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 9:34pm
saynta wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 7:09pm lyin won't play Crouch . Effing typical.
Tanking?
Yep. Looks like it.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 9:54pm As for Steele - he’s a second to the ball midfielder…if he wants to sook it up and we can get a good deal …do the deal
Just remind us...how many has the great coach won?

"I can't take this team anywhere"

Audio gate

Hang on...you only just arrived Ross

Anyway, now that opposition clubs have parts of our game plan, that helps him blame the players for all losses

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 10:20pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 9:54pm As for Steele - he’s a second to the ball midfielder…if he wants to sook it up and we can get a good deal …do the deal

Audio gate

Anyway, now that opposition clubs have parts of our game plan, that helps him blame the players for all losses
:D :lol: :wink:

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

One more game for crouch at Sandy to build his match fitness.
Barring injury he plays next week v Suns

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
evo
Club Player

Zed wrote: Thu 30 May 2024 10:26pm One more game for crouch at Sandy to build his match fitness.
Barring injury he plays next week v Suns

We want to play VFL finals and this probably gives him enough games played to be part of it

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Haha 😝

Teffers can’t say a bad thing about the coach

But the problem is the player leading the B&F by a fkn mile
Oh, and Robert Harvey!

Steele (the second to the ball averaging 27ppg - 32 vs Mel)

Apparently Steele is the new Seb Ross

takeaway
Club Player

Audio gate

When was audio gate? Start of last year, was it still in the practice match stages? If so, what an astute football observer RTB is. Picked it up very early,
now apparently the media are picking up on it - we need list restructure.

Plenty of injuries early last year, so Ross let the youngsters and team loose, we played attacking footy, often around 100 points, stunned the comp a bit, and got up near the top of the ladder. From there, injured players coming back, lost a bit of form, but still had enough good wins to make finals. Amazing achievement.

Dual narrative this year, difficult to keep the tabloid supporters happy whilst also having a good look at various players, also plenty of vital injuries/suspensions, players losing confidence. Get some confidence back, and we will go back to where we belong at present - mid ladder. However, I am all for aggressively churning the list more and finishing say bottom 4, good draft pick, bring in a couple more, and do the same next year.

2026 here we come. :D

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Not going to go into the whole are you a Ross Lyon supporter or not. The facts are he’s our head coach for the interim future so everyone just get on with it.

I like the selections. Crouch needs another week. He played full minutes last week and the week prior was only on managed minutes and still tore it up.

Only thing I would have liked to see is Hotton or a Garcia as a sub to reward the effort from the past two games. But I can understand the whole if you are an emergency you can’t make it back to the VFL game playing interstate.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

RTB won't play Crouch yet- he wants to ensure he can run out a game.
Here's an idea- how about playing him, then using something called a 'sub' when Brad is gassed out?

But it's fine to bring in Collard after he gets 5 touches in VFL and gives away a 50 at the siren.
Collard, who has the body of a jockey and can't be expected to 'run out a full game' either 💩😖🤷‍♂️😳

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The argument from some people regarding Clark not playing last week when he was required against Melbourne, was that he needed another week to get his fitness right to last out a whole game

Wouldn't it be weird if Lyon names him the sub. It makes the argument about his fitness redundant and shatters the myth that there's any logic with team selection

Anyhow... I hope Clark plays a full game. Hope he goes well. I think Butler might be the sub in this game or perhaps Seb Ross

Club Player

I am not necessarily advocating play the kids but the team to play tomorrow is hardly young. How well does this bode for us I wonder.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

1971 wrote: Fri 31 May 2024 2:19pm I am not necessarily advocating play the kids but the team to play tomorrow is hardly young. How well does this bode for us I wonder.
I agree we need to continue to rotate opportunity to all our youth. Give them a taste.

We've had a couple of losses so a win this week will be timely. Keeps morale up and keeps supporters happy

I think it's great that we are giving young players a decent run of games. Helps them understand their deficiencies and makes them hungrier to get back in the seniors

If Sandringham are winning games and the St Kilda seniors are losing games in 2024, that’s not such a bad thing.

If we have a strong VFL squad with a good mix of senior players and we end up playing VFL finals, it builds a strong culture from the ground up

Killa
Club Player

Given this is Round 12, it is interesting to note who has played the 12 games

Then the games played by others - so games missed thru injury and suspension

To dig a little further, last season Crouch led our Brownlow votes and between them Higgins and Butler kicked between 60/70 goals

What has the contribution to the scoreboard of Higgins and Butler this season?

I note Hayes is having problem with fluid building on the knee - so is Crouch experiencing post match issues?

Clark injured his knee in his first VFL game and needed to pass a fitness test to play his second There is no doubt he will be of value now AFL fit because he can scrap the ball forward from a contest by hand and off either foot - noting some others are behind their opponents hence tackling hot pushing the ball in the right direction

What you need is your cattle consistently on the park therefore in form and confident - including in their teammates

Looking thru those who are not appearing for the 12th time this season tells its own story

Then you get to the Draw - now in Perth

Ask Collingwood to endure the Draw we have had this season!!!

And look at Essendon’s draw - so the reckoning will come as it is with Geelong

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

AFL app hasn't yet announced umpires or subs

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Has young Stocker been properly fit since Dangerfield kneed him during the R1 game. Looked nasty at the time and he was playing well before that, I thought.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 31 May 2024 5:58pm Has young Stocker been properly fit since Dangerfield kneed him during the R1 game. Looked nasty at the time and he was playing well before that, I thought.
I noticed last match he played, he was getting some massage/physio work done on his lower back region on the ground, then he was taped up across the lower back, before being sent back out.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Fri 31 May 2024 9:25am

Audio gate

When was audio gate? Start of last year, was it still in the practice match stages? If so, what an astute football observer RTB is. Picked it up very early,
now apparently the media are picking up on it - we need list restructure.

Plenty of injuries early last year, so Ross let the youngsters and team loose, we played attacking footy, often around 100 points, stunned the comp a bit, and got up near the top of the ladder. From there, injured players coming back, lost a bit of form, but still had enough good wins to make finals. Amazing achievement.

Dual narrative this year, difficult to keep the tabloid supporters happy whilst also having a good look at various players, also plenty of vital injuries/suspensions, players losing confidence. Get some confidence back, and we will go back to where we belong at present - mid ladder. However, I am all for aggressively churning the list more and finishing say bottom 4, good draft pick, bring in a couple more, and do the same next year.

2026 here we come. :D
I’m with you
Bottom 4
Top 5 pick
Turn over the deadwood RTB
There’s a reason a lot are out of contract and the club aren’t doing that much about that….
Shops open at Moorabbin!!
Oh and pay no attention to that man behind the curtain….he thinks Robbo from The Hun is an astute footy observer….tells you all you need to know…

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully in hindsight, we can look at 2024 as the season we had to have to move forward.

Just need my dopamine hits and slowly accepting I ain't getting any from the saints this year.

King Max
Club Player

Butler the sub
Waterman out

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2024 4:39pm Butler the sub
Waterman out
I tipped this!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.