"As far from a flag as anyone in the league"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: "As far from a flag as anyone in the league"

Teflon wrote: Tue 28 May 2024 7:58pm Honestly who listens to Lloyd?
He parrots Cornes and can barely stutter a sentence together
He’s an A grade fcwit
Still dirty no one “called him” to mentor Max
Why??
The guys a sad Essenscum apologist who just cheerleads them
I turn off when this twit starts spluttering…actually I haven’t turned that drinker on for some time..
Lloyd, also known as Harry Highpants and is an effing joke.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 10:40am
Vortex wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 10:15am
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 28 May 2024 9:14pm It has dawned on me recently that we will need to rebuild through the draft due to our inability to attract high end talent through FA or trade. This can take decades as evidenced by Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Carlton in recent times. So it seems we are still quite aways off it.

I still have west coast as comfortably the furtherst away from a flag though. Have a look at their mids, spine and best 22 playing every week its the oldest in the comp. In saying that they will probably beat us this weekend with a vastly older and more experienced outfit.
I actually think WCE are ahead of us in terns of rebuilding as they have been at it now for a few seasons.

With regards to how to rebuild, I agree that a poor club like ours has only one option and that is the long hard road via the national draft.

But also it is important that all supporters write to Bassett and implore him to ramp up the pressure on lobbying the AFL to change the accademy rules.

Access to talent is the club's single biggest issue....not a coach.

Write to the Prez today.
Agree with everything you have said except wce, good on ya for getting in the presidents ear, the academies are a joke, particularly the Gold Coast one which is now well and truly AFL heartland. Southport sharks are the biggest and richest club outside of the AFL and that entire region is AFL mad.

Re wce: darling, Kelly, yeo, gaff, McGovern, sheed, Cripps, hunt, barass all best 22 players set to retire in the next 2-3 years. Outside of Reid and maybe Hough, they have no young talent coming through that has shown anything. There bounce back this season has been largely attributable to the above mentioned veterans being fit and out on the park.
I’m attending our game against the GCS as a guest of one of the GGS sponsors, I’m also going to be in our change rooms after the game so I am really hopeful of bumping into the Prez and following up on my recent email to him.

I keep saying it, I implore all supporters to ask the Prez to increase the pressure on the AFL to have the academy rules changed. It’s my view that is one of the best ways supporters can support the club at the moment as I agree is is going to be one of the worst times to be rebuilding over the next 10 or more years.

The coach is not our issue.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Vortex wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 1:08pm
Brunswicksainter wrote: Tue 28 May 2024 9:14pm It has dawned on me recently that we will need to rebuild through the draft due to our inability to attract high end talent through FA or trade. This can take decades as evidenced by Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Carlton in recent times. So it seems we are still quite aways off it.

I still have west coast as comfortably the furtherst away from a flag though. Have a look at their mids, spine and best 22 playing every week its the oldest in the comp. In saying that they will probably beat us this weekend with a vastly older and more experienced outfit.
I actually think WCE are ahead of us in terns of rebuilding as they have been at it now for a few seasons.

With regards to how to rebuild, I agree that a poor club like ours has only one option and that is the long hard road via the national draft.

But also it is important that all supporters write to Bassett and implore him to ramp up the pressure on lobbying the AFL to change the accademy rules.

Write to the Prez today.
Agree with everything you have said except wce, good on ya for getting in the presidents ear, the academies are a joke, particularly the Gold Coast one which is now well and truly AFL heartland. Southport sharks are the biggest and richest club outside of the AFL and that entire region is AFL mad.

Re wce: darling, Kelly, yeo, gaff, McGovern, sheed, Cripps, hunt, barass all best 22 players set to retire in the next 2-3 years. Outside of Reid and maybe Hough, they have no young talent coming through that has shown anything. There bounce back this season has been largely attributable to the above mentioned veterans being fit and out on the park.
I’m attending our game against the GCS as a guest of one of the GGS sponsors, I’m also going to be in our change rooms after the game so I am really hopeful of bumping into the Prez and following up on my recent email to him.

I keep saying it, I implore all supporters to ask the Prez to increase the pressure on the AFL to have the academy rules changed. It’s my view that is one of the best ways supporters can support the club at the moment as I agree is is going to be one of the worst times to be rebuilding over the next 10 or more years.

We started our rebuild during the GCS & GWS induction where they pillaged the drafts.

The next decade is history, and we still had BJ, Lenny, Roo, Joey, Milne, Dal & Chips for a period of that…

Bad management is bad management
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 9:52am On the "go back to go forward", I could swallow this if it was last year. But we seem to have gone forward to go backwards.

That's arse about if I've ever seen it.
It’s not if you want to actually look at our year so far ..but that’s not suited to the narrative..

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Pseudo profound.
The team that goes top this year is closer.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The coach may not be our issue but he is holding all the cards in his hand to fix it. And if he can't, nobody else will be able to, because he has taken over at all levels of the footy dept.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 6:13pm

Write to the Prez today.

We started our rebuild during the GCS & GWS induction where they pillaged the drafts.

The next decade is history, and we still had BJ, Lenny, Roo, Joey, Milne, Dal & Chips for a period of that…
Yep...its no coincidence we've been struggling to access talent ever since.

And it's about to get worse so I'm thankful our Prez is making a case to get the the rules changed.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Write to the Prez today.

Do you still have that email?

Bowey Boy
Club Player

I predict Saints will lose this week’s game following introduction of revised holding the ball rule.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 11:38am
CURLY wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 10:47am
The_Dud wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 9:55am Seems fair enough.

Why do some supporters constantly want to play the victim?
Why do you always hope you can sink the boots in?
Do you realise this weekend we'll be battling to stay 15th on the ladder..?
No s***. We know how happy you are about it

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SinCitySainter
Club Player

He is not actually that far off the truth though is he.
Mid table is the worse place to be and we have wallowed there for years. I suppose West Coast or Richmond could be further away but they have the advantage of being destination clubs for different reasons. North have an absolute arm load of top end talent with more to come. We will probably get a top 5 pick which will end up about pick 7 or 8 by the time the Northern clubs get their priority hand outs. We will not be able to convince any top talent to come to us without stuffing up our salary structure. We may pay elite money for aging A grade talent like we did with Hill but we won't get anyone young unless we over way over the top. So yeah we are as far away as anyone.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

I see Derek Zoolander and Hansel are up to their old tricks. Anyone who is troubled by what they say, should check out the infamous "male models filling up the petrol tank" scene in the Zoolander movie.

In it a bunch of male models get into a petrol fight, drenching one another in fuel, before attempting to light some cigarettes. The outcome is predictable.

Not only do Cornes, and in particular Lloyd, resemble the brainless stars of the movie, their intellects are on a par as well.

I don't know who's dumber, as it's a close run thing, the film characters or our two professional, chattering morons, but they will no doubt change their minds as soon as we improve. The silence will be deafening.

Do yourself a favor and look up "Blue Steel". The resemblance to Lloyd is as accurate as it is hilarious. Every time Lloyd stares straight down the barrel, trying to look serious, I burst out laughing.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 8:42pm

I’m the one wanting our team to improve, while you think our team doesn’t need to get better, and if it weren’t for aaaallllll the conspiracies against us we’d be top 4!

And that’s why you’re the king of mediocrity :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 9:09pm

I’m the one wanting our team to improve, while you think our team doesn’t need to get better, and if it weren’t for aaaallllll the conspiracies against us we’d be top 4!

You’re an idiot. I want them to be better but unlike you I don’t get pleasure out of our failures

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 9:09pm

You’re an idiot. I want them to be better but unlike you I don’t get pleasure out of our failures