Why the young list disconnection ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mickey
Club Player

Why the young list disconnection ?

Errol Gulden as a 21yo going around checking on senior players, young Pies Daicos and Moore walking up the race absolutely pumped before a game, I hate to say it but Jack Ginnivan with great vibes with his team mates. Our youngsters looked stressed ? Not blaming anyone just think we need to try something new. I'm old school but even I can tell things have changed. Hawks did a selfie for Buddy out on the field. Maybe the youngsters need more input in the second half of the season ? I'm not in the inner sanctum so it might be happening but we need to try something to spark this group !

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why the young list disconnection ?

I tend to agree that we just don't seem to be showing any passion for the game at all, when someone kicks a goal it's like it is a relief for the players, our captain kicks a goal and looks like his mother died, Max King kicks a goal and waves his finger like the Queen and with the same grimace on his face the Queen used to have when she attempted a smile.

One of our players gets dumped rudely and nobody remonstrates.

But here's the kicker, it's a hell of lot easier to be "connected" like the Swans players when you are winning.

repta
Club Player

No doubt. The team needs to loosen up.
Can't put any more burden on the young players. But they need something.
They look old slow and stoggy ...

SaintWiki
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 28 May 2024 7:39am I tend to agree that we just don't seem to be showing any passion for the game at all, when someone kicks a goal it's like it is a relief for the players, our captain kicks a goal and looks like his mother died, Max King kicks a goal and waves his finger like the Queen and with the same grimace on his face the Queen used to have when she attempted a smile.

One of our players gets dumped rudely and nobody remonstrates.

But here's the kicker, it's a hell of lot easier to be "connected" like the Swans players when you are winning.
Your last sentence is correct but no-one can tell me there is not big issues down at Moorabbin. The players look like they are coming to their own funeral these days, even Hill doesn't look like he is loving every minute of footy like he usually does. I don't know what the coaching staff are doing wrong but I do know they need a big kick up their butt's.

If we can see there are serious issues then surely the sponsors must see it too ... and it's hard to fathom that the coaches are totally blind to the mental state of our players.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You can't celebrate goals too much on game day if your coach highlights defensive actions and structures during the reviews every week. 'Release the shackles' should be interpreted as drop the negative brand of football

Exploration should mean we take risks to be creative. Don't try cute kicks for the sake of it. No point trying to hit someone up on the boundary. Try and pierce opposition zones with our elite kickers. Get the ball moving towards our forwards before there's congestion and no space for them to lead.

I don't care if Bonner or Sincs or Nasiah make a few errors. The more they practice, the better we will be. I saw Jimmy Webster hit up a couple of players with superb kicks that led to scores. That's what's needed, but came when we down by significant margins, and not when scores were close.

Jimmy had more score involvements against Melbourne than nearly all of our mids and nearly all of our forwards. And...he still did a relatively good job as a defender.

It starts with the head coach. He's got to value offence as much as he does defensive actions

We have to spend time on the track practicing offense. The players will enjoy it more. They'll feel connected and at the same time, play a better brand of footy

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 5:58pm

Exploration should mean we take risks to be creative.

Did you know our fans booed Bonner recently, how farged is that, no wonder our players have gone into their shells.

Who would boo their own fans.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Blah, urr son I said blah, you listening son...

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 6:49pm

Did you know our fans booed Bonner recently, how farged is that, no wonder our players have gone into their shells.

They love a good scapegoat. It's usually the guy who just joined the club from another team...takes a while to warm to them

Have you noticed they cheer Max King when he attempts a chest mark and drops it...and they forgive him when he kicks points instead of goals

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

It’s interesting I was sat right near the interchange bench on the weekend.

I witnessed a very frustrated Steele on many occasions but one stuck out for mine

He absolutely punted a kick up the wing to the forward 50 - it was an up an under dirty drop punt to nobody in particular and he then went off at the players in the marking contest when it turned over.

We have some serious problems

#1 Ryder fan
Rubyjo
Club Player

Rumours not verified but our only Alfa male , Battle is going to the Hawks..players know and see our most popular club man looking for better opportunities has shattered the group.

Brunswicksainter
Club Player

To be fair that occurred when bonner sprinted 50 plus meters to take a kick in mere minutes after butchering what was possibly the worst kick in I’ve ever seen. Was a disgusting act, which I am certain Ross wouldn’t have been happy with.

I also think the fans are quite fairly fed up with the pathetic efforts he puts in every week, he’s inability to kick on the opposite foot and his terrible decision making skills demonstrated. He’s quite literally the sole reason we’ve lost at least 2 of our games this season (direct turnovers resulting in goals).

He needs to get the f*** out of the club in my view.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Brunswicksainter wrote: Wed 29 May 2024 9:01pm

To be fair that occurred when bonner sprinted 50 plus meters to take a kick in mere minutes after butchering what was possibly the worst kick in I’ve ever seen. Was a disgusting act, which I am certain Ross wouldn’t have been happy with.

I also think the fans are quite fairly fed up with the pathetic efforts he puts in every week, he’s inability to kick on the opposite foot and his terrible decision making skills demonstrated. He’s quite literally the sole reason we’ve lost at least 2 of our games this season (direct turnovers resulting in goals).

He needs to get the f*** out of the club in my view.
I think the same about Max King, I've lost count of the games he's lost us becaue he shanks his set shots.