Bloody Mudflap!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bloody Mudflap!

I mean Motlop. Had no idea bloody Carlton have one on their team. There’s like a dynasty of them and we always seem to get rogered by them :roll:

Maybe, one of these days, we could recruit a Mudflap, I mean Motlop.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bloody Mudflap!

He wasn't that good.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

He was good enough to cause us problems and kick a goal from 50 after running through the center

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 3:27pm I mean Motlop. Had no idea bloody Carlton have one on their team. There’s like a dynasty of them and we always seem to get rogered by them :roll:

Maybe one day we can recruit an Acres and hang onto him. Throwing such a player away as steak knifes is f****** foolish and a good reason why we are still crap.

older saint
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 4:46pm
Sainternist wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 3:27pm I mean Motlop. Had no idea bloody Carlton have one on their team. There’s like a dynasty of them and we always seem to get rogered by them :roll:

Maybe one day we can recruit an Acres and hang onto him. Throwing such a player away as steak knifes is f****** foolish and a good reason why we are still crap.
I wonder if there is something those outside the 4 walls don't know about him as 2 clubs have basically let him walk for unders when he was playing reasonable football???

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Acres loved Melbourne and wanted to stay but Richo and the footy department didn't value him. He found an opportunity to come back to Melbourne so he grabbed it...simple!!

Here here is now at a rival Melbourne club sticking it right up us.

Every time we see Blake in the best on ground votes for Carlton it's another reminder of the Lethlean legacy

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 4:56pm

Acres loved Melbourne and wanted to stay but Richo and the footy department didn't value him. He found an opportunity to come back to Melbourne so he grabbed it...simple!!

Every time we see Blake in the best on ground votes for Carlton it's another reminder of the Lethlean legacy
To be fair, we weren't the only club that didn't value Acres.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:05pm

And Fremantle.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Motlop is a poor man's Peris.
Difference is Carlton play their man and he is improving.
We prefer more mature slower players with about 25% shot accuracy and can nearly grasp a mark, and a not just yet approach, wait till the waters at the deck.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:05pm

You are probably correct but anyone even with an ounce of footy smarts could see his potential. I certainly did.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What did Ross say after the Gold Coast match?

Something like 'Peris got a valuable lesson about the standards at this level'

The rest of us thought he did ok at the level. He certainly did ok for a first gamer

So basically Ross gave Peris a message. He was also letting everyone know that he had no plans to give the kid a decent run at it.

He had no plans to drop Higgo or Gresh or make an example of them for their selfishness. No warning to them publicly or shaming of them

Higgins and Gresham were first picked and that's the end of it

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:27pm Motlop is a poor man's Peris.
Difference is Carlton play their man and he is improving.
We prefer more mature slower players with about 25% shot accuracy and can nearly grasp a mark, and a not just yet approach, wait till the waters at the deck.
You are right of course.

Peris, Keeler and Moose will all be long term player at Afl level and hopefully with the Saints.

Unless they get the s***s like Bytel, Highmore and Connolly, with the lack of opportunity and look elsewhere for a game.

Bytel at least know how to get hold of the sherrin, Highmore holds unto his marks and Connolly can hit a target with both feet.

Won't get them games though under this current mob and it's not as if the current highly favoured 23 are setting the world on fire

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 07 Aug 2023 5:35pm What did Ross say after the Gold Coast match?

Something like 'Peris got a valuable lesson about the standards at this level'

The rest of us thought he did ok at the level. He certainly did ok for a first gamer

So basically Ross gave Peris a message. He was also letting everyone know that he had no plans to give the kid a decent run at it.

He had no plans to drop Higgo or Gresh or make an example of them for their selfishness. No warning to them publicly or shaming of them

Higgins and Gresham were first picked and that's the end of it
Gresham has made selfishness an art form