Bytel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bytel

saynta wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 5:53pm Game lost at the selection table....again.
This is the most wrong comment i've seen in the history of this site. Up there with a curly ump rant.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 6:00pm
This is the most wrong comment i've seen in the history of this site. Up there with a curly ump rant.
No way . Put Campbell into the side against the monster rucking for the suns would give us some chance of winning the ruck duels and add Bytel for winning clearances and it is a whole different ball game.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 7:16pm
No way . Put Campbell into the side against the monster rucking for the suns would give us some chance of winning the ruck duels and add Bytel for winning clearances and it is a whole different ball game.
Don't be fvcken ridiculous

We're building a winning culture...just you wait and see how good we'll be in 2026.

In the meantime we're not interested in utilising the players on our existing list to win games in 2023

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 2:02pm Stop shouting tool
:D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 7:29pm
saynta wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 7:16pm
Don't be fvcken ridiculous

We're building a winning culture...just you wait and see how good we'll be in 2026.

In the meantime we're not interested in utilising the players on our existing list to win games in 2023
:wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 2:23pm I’ll shout because it’s “you” knuckles head who can’t get over the fact that Bytel will be delisted by years end because he’s had heaps of opportunity to prove himself and let everyone down
Good post
Bytel isn’t the answer
Anyone who has half a footy brain knows that

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 7:36pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 2:23pm I’ll shout because it’s “you” knuckles head who can’t get over the fact that Bytel will be delisted by years end because he’s had heaps of opportunity to prove himself and let everyone down
Good post
Bytel isn’t the answer
Answer to what? All we're talking about is trying to win a few matches here and there

We're not saying he's about to win the Trevor Barker Medal and the Brownlow.

Bury your fvcken ego and bury your stubbornness. Playing Marshall, Steele, Crouch and Gresh in the same positions every single week just because you can is not smart. It's brainless

You have players at your disposal and they have some strengths. Utilise those strengths (in limited quantities) to help advance the chances for success for the team over the short term and that will help build your winning culture.

I don't care if Campbell is delisted or if Bytel doesn't play at St Kilda next year. Just use them and give some of our other players less minutes or play them as Sub...or Fvcken properly experiment... don't pay lip service to the phrase

Don't wait until 2025 before flicking the switch and expecting it all to come together instantaneously

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Give him a crack at it

Can’t be any worse?!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 7:55pm
Good post
Bytel isn’t the answer
Answer to what? All we're talking about is trying to win a few matches here and there

Bury your fvcken ego and bury your stubbornness. Playing Marshall, Steele, Crouch and Gresh in the same positions every single week just because you can is not smart. It's brainless

You have players at your disposal and they have some strengths. Utilise those strengths (in limited quantities) to help advance the chances for success for the team over the short term and that will help build your winning culture.

I don't care if Campbell is delisted or if Bytel doesn't play at St Kilda next year. Just use them and give some of our other players less minutes or play them as Sub...or Fvcken properly experiment... don't pay lip service to the phrase

Don't wait until 2025 before flicking the switch and expecting it all to come together instantaneously
To do what ?
Get 17 possessions and look like a poor man’s Crouch ??
Maybe the coaches have seen enough ??
Bytel at another club next year if at all

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'd rather 17 possessions than 28 with half being insignificant and 6-7 resulting in turnovers.

You think we need Crouch's 28 touches do you? How many Brownlow votes or Coaches association votes do you think Brad will get from the match yesterday?

17 possessions would be higher than 12 of our players who played yesterday

Josh Battle was equal to that and he had 17 touches

That's 13 players out of 23. Take out Pou and Clark and it's still 11 players

Point is that our work rate yesterday was poor. That's on the coaches. Team selection hasn't been at its best and has been poor for quite a while. That impacts our results.

We're not getting the best performance out of the team. We aren't playing as well as we could and as well as we saw in the first 8-10 weeks.

You can't have your Brad Crouch 'cake' and at the same time be telling members and supporters that we've got bigger cakes to bake in the future. Is Brad going to be around in 4 years time when we are a top 4 team?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 11:57am I'd rather 17 possessions than 28 with half being insignificant and 6-7 resulting in turnovers.

You think we need Crouch's 28 touches do you? How many Brownlow votes or Coaches association votes do you think Brad will get from the match yesterday?

17 possessions would be higher than 12 of our players who played yesterday

Josh Battle was equal to that and he had 17 touches

That's 13 players out of 23. Take out Pou and Clark and it's still 11 players

Point is that our work rate yesterday was poor. That's on the coaches. Team selection hasn't been at its best and has been poor for quite a while. That impacts our results.

We're not getting the best performance out of the team. We aren't playing as well as we could and as well as we saw in the first 8-10 weeks.

You can't have your Brad Crouch 'cake' and at the same time be telling members and supporters that we've got bigger cakes to bake in the future. Is Brad going to be around in 4 years time when we are a top 4 team?
Well said mate. Those throwing s*** at Bytel or just ignoring his performances either have no f****** idea or ulterior motives.

I remember a coach back in 2009 and 2010 refusing to play good honest footballers in Armitage, Steven and Hudghton and instead played incompetent, sick or injured nuff nuffs who couldn't get a kick in a horse stall.

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

I've long been a Bytel fan, he has been dreadfully unlucky.

That said he is currently a poor man's Crouch as someone else said earlier. Has potential absolutely but until we're less interested in winning he will have to bide his time and wait for an opportunity to open up.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

nostalgicsaint wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 1:05pm I've long been a Bytel fan, he has been dreadfully unlucky.

That said he is currently a poor man's Crouch as someone else said earlier. Has potential absolutely but until we're less interested in winning he will have to bide his time and wait for an opportunity to open up.
bs.

Both players played together in the same team in the seniors in Round 1. I would argue that Jack was just as important in our win as Brad was.

When the game was in the balance against Freo, Jack made an impact in the coalface with his clearance work and his clean hands. That's his strength

Just because someone gets more disposals, doesn't make them a better player or a more impactful player.

Brad Crouch got 28 touches yesterday. How impactful do you think he was to our team and to helping us get a win?

nostalgicsaint
Club Player

The gap between them is in their ability to spread and number of clangers.

Bytel is the inferior to Crouch in both regards at the moment which is why he isn't in. I agree with your assessment of Bytels strengths- he has been unlucky in the timing of his unavailability this year.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.
Saint2
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 8:52pm Give him a crack at it

Can’t be any worse?!
Agree- currently our midfield is shocking..at least Bytel has excellent skills by hand and foot and will tend less to bomb across the body at clearances into the forward half.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 15 Jul 2023 7:55pm
Good post
Bytel isn’t the answer

Scollop - think about stats before you post this rubbish. You want to swap a below Average midfielder in Bytel because he’s “bEeN tEaRiNg It Up At VfL!!!!” for a champion in Steele? I’m glad you aren’t running selection.

Bytel isn’t the answer he’s quite frankly s***. Look towards our future in Owens, Windhager, NWM, Phillipou and King. Those 5 will be the ones taking us to GFs not your little pal “Jackie Bytel the VFL jet who is currently doing an apprenticeship on the weekends because he knows he’s going to be shown the door at the end of the year”.

For someone who’s called “Scollop” where sea-food is good for the brain you lack some brain cells.

I’ve started to agree more and more with Teflon. He’s been right this whole time and it’s you guys like B.M that don’t know what you are talking about.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What was your nic before this one?

Were you bangaulegend or some one else?

Jack Bytel has a long way to go before he gets anywhere near Steele's level

Answer this Zacsby: Who would you rather? Jack Bytel in the team and 100% fit ....or Jack Steele at 50% with no confidence to tackle or go for a contested high mark?

Why does Ross (and he's not alone in this regard) want to rush back guys from injury when there are alternatives.

Brad Hill gets rushed back in after looking like he needs 3 weeks off. He gets 7 touches in the first quarter and turns over the footy 3 times. He ended the game with 20 disposals and 6 turnovers.

That's not fair on the team. On top of Hill causing turnovers, he lined up on Brandon Ellis in the first quarter. Ellis had 11 touches at 100% disposal efficiency. Doesn't look like Hill paid any attention to defending his direct opponent.

Marshall was unbelievable last week against Melbourne but it comes at a cost. He played his guts out. Why not give Campbell some time in the seniors to help Marshall to have an impact and help out our inexperienced forward line

Marshall can take a contested grab. He would have been a great target for us instead of all the wasted inside 50's

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 2:16pm What was your nic before this one?

Answer this Zacsby: Who would you rather? Jack Bytel in the team and 100% fit ....or Jack Steele at 50% with no confidence to tackle or go for a contested high mark?

Why does Ross (and he's not alone in this regard) want to rush back guys from injury when there are alternatives.

Brad Hill gets rushed back in after looking like he needs 3 weeks off. He gets 7 touches in the first quarter and turns over the footy 3 times. He ended the game with 20 disposals and 6 turnovers.

That's not fair on the team. On top of Hill causing turnovers, he lined up on Brandon Ellis in the first quarter. Ellis had 11 touches at 100% disposal efficiency. Doesn't look like Hill paid any attention to defending his direct opponent.

Marshall was unbelievable last week against Melbourne but it comes at a cost. He played his guts out. Why not give Campbell some time in the seniors to help Marshall to have an impact and help out our inexperienced forward line

Marshall can take a contested grab. He would have been a great target for us instead of all the wasted inside 50's
Excellent post.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

My Nic before last was wrong and I take ownership of that.

I’m not answering that because it’s not the point. You want Ross Lyon to play Bytel because he’s got good VFL form. The reason why Ross Lyon isn’t playing him and why Ratten didn’t play him is because he’s s***. He’s a poor man’s crouch. I’ve gone to most of the training sessions in preseasons and he shows nothing. He doesn’t two way run. He barely kicks, just handballs. Bobs up for junk time goals. But yes I would take a 50% Jack Steele for his infield leadership and experience.

For someone who reads into Ross Lyons pressers… he’s playing experience because as he said in his last presser we have the youngest forward line in the comp. Experience helps. Look what happens when Hawks cut too deep… sitting in the bottom 4?

I don’t understand why Brad Hill gets brought up? Didn’t even mention the guy - but I agree with you on this one. Probably shouldn’t have played. I’m not his biggest fan anyway.

On marshall… he’s playing on the number 1 rated ruckman in the competition. If you follow SuperCoach or stats everyone knows Jarrod Witts is one of the best Ruckmans in the comp right now with English and Gawn. Witt’s has been soloing rucking longer than Marshall and has the tank and the physical attributes to do it. I don’t think Campbell is the answer as you are just going to get the same thing yesterday but worse because Campbell is a dud. I am and still supportive of Max Heath playing as he would have given Rowan a break and been good to play on a <10 gamer in Mac Andrew. Based on this I am big believer we need TDK to assist Rowan.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Sun 16 Jul 2023 8:23pm

My Nic before last was wrong and I take ownership of that.

I’m not answering that because it’s not the point. You want Ross Lyon to play Bytel because he’s got good VFL form. The reason why Ross Lyon isn’t playing him and why Ratten didn’t play him is because he’s s***. He’s a poor man’s crouch. I’ve gone to most of the training sessions in preseasons and he shows nothing. He doesn’t two way run. He barely kicks, just handballs. Bobs up for junk time goals. But yes I would take a 50% Jack Steele for his infield leadership and experience.

For someone who reads into Ross Lyons pressers… he’s playing experience because as he said in his last presser we have the youngest forward line in the comp. Experience helps. Look what happens when Hawks cut too deep… sitting in the bottom 4?

I don’t understand why Brad Hill gets brought up? Didn’t even mention the guy - but I agree with you on this one. Probably shouldn’t have played. I’m not his biggest fan anyway.

On marshall… he’s playing on the number 1 rated ruckman in the competition. If you follow SuperCoach or stats everyone knows Jarrod Witts is one of the best Ruckmans in the comp right now with English and Gawn. Witt’s has been soloing rucking longer than Marshall and has the tank and the physical attributes to do it. I don’t think Campbell is the answer as you are just going to get the same thing yesterday but worse because Campbell is a dud. I am and still supportive of Max Heath playing as he would have given Rowan a break and been good to play on a <10 gamer in Mac Andrew. Based on this I am big believer we need TDK to assist Rowan.
Spot on well said
It won’t matter he’ll be at another club end season if there is interest
There was no interest last time he was out of contract btw
Why?????
Good vfl player
Lots of them over the journey

“Yeah….nah””