Ross The Boss channeling Ronald Dale Barassi today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross The Boss channeling Ronald Dale Barassi today

The Fireman wrote: Tue 04 Jul 2023 9:10am
B.M wrote: Tue 04 Jul 2023 1:08am Sending a good message would be performing consistently at a high level

Not giving excuses as to why we are not!

Press Conferences are there to appease gullible fans - it’s the most annoying and irrelevant part of their job - ask any of them.

It doesn’t help their team play better - which is all coaching is - how do I get my team to perform
So you don’t watch the pressers BM?
Only the losses.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Of course I do

Pressers are for the supporters- which I am one

But as far as rating a coach on the quality of their pressers - I don’t do that. I rate a coach on the quality of performance.

Ross is a very strong communicator at Pressers and gives stats to articulate- he can be dismissive and defensive - even boorish.

He’s an Alpha male - like most coaches

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 04 Jul 2023 10:24am Of course I do

But as far as rating a coach on the quality of their pressers - I don’t do that. I rate a coach on the quality of performance.

Ross is a very strong communicator at Pressers and gives stats to articulate- he can be dismissive and defensive - even boorish.

So you’re just another gullible fan ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 04 Jul 2023 11:48am
B.M wrote: Tue 04 Jul 2023 10:24am Of course I do

So you’re just another gullible fan ?
😂
Not sure again anyone was asked to rate the coach on his presser performance… it’s ole Marty again …answering the questions those non-stop voices in his head keep asking ….

<1 day ban issued under the following rule>

POSTER INTERACTION RULE

Vigorous debate and even some friendly banter on St. Kilda Football Club matters is encouraged on the Saintsational Fan Forum, as long as respect is shown for every poster and all opinions.

No matter how much you may disagree, or dismiss the worth of any opinion posted, or dismiss the worth of the poster in your own eyes, your response must be always be respectful and polite. Argue the facts. Post an opposing opinion. However ONLY make football related commentary on the football content. Do NOT ever make any form of negative commentary about posters or posters.

Any post that negatively relates to or references, or baits (directly or indirectly) another poster, or posters, or group of posters in the Saintsational Fan Forum or leads to bickering to the level of an ongoing dispute, will be deemed a breach of rules and the penalty will be either a 1 DAY BAN or 1 WEEK BAN.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Great BF post answering why go with Lyon as an experienced coach

But an inexperienced coach couldn't do what an experienced hard headed coach like Lyon has to do, that is change our playing culture. The inconsistency that we see has been present for years, as most posters have said. The obvious lack of leadership can't be changed quickly, it has to be demanded and taught.

We should not have had any coach tell the players at half time to stop folding back and allowing the Eagles all those easy possessions out of their backline. The players should have identified that themselves, out on the ground, as soon as it became apparent instead of having to be told to do it. OK, they did change the play and it worked, but against a better team we wouldn't have been able to get back in the game.

Why do they do that? Are they so insecure and uncertain of what is necessary that they are too timid to take any initiative?

Do they always need a clear instruction "from head office"? If so, is it because not all the players are willing to follow an obvious course of action by seizing the initiative for themselves?

Is this what St C saw yesterday when seemingly both the young Poo and Owens ignored Gresham's "instructions" about their positioning?

Do we have too many players who have the skill we need to win games but are far too selfish to blend with the team's needs if it means they must play a different role for a while?

It seems to me that we had no option but to have strong coaches for a number of years to completely re-programme our headspace and we've got them now. But not all the players are ready to change, or will be able to, so it will take time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if have a new leadership team from our young players by the time they are 22 or 23.

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha @ Teffers copping a rest

awwww

:D

i do love this place

i've got a question Tef

where did most of the Roy Boys move their allegiance to
after their demise

i'd like to think us
but not really knowing

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 06 Jul 2023 11:36am haha @ Teffers copping a rest

awwww

i do love this place

i've got a question Tef

after their demise

i'd like to think us
but not really knowing
Did ya miss me??

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

sh1t yea

:)

i might get to see that PM from Tony
if i stick fat

what about the royboy thing ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Fri 07 Jul 2023 1:06am sh1t yea

:)

i might get to see that PM from Tony
if i stick fat

what about the royboy thing ?
Lol I think Tony forgot but that’s ok he gives plenty
The Roys? I think a lot went to Doggies …was surprised how many went to Brisbane ….AFL manipulated product for mine …colours aren’t even right …should’ve been Carlton at the time but typical AFL

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

welcome back Teffs :)

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Chito, Matteas, NWM, Windhager, Caminiti, Byrnes, Paton, and you can add Sharman to the list are all getting games. I think all of these guys except Sharman have played more than 12 senior matches this season so far.

Bytel has been unlucky due to injury and Highmore due to Paton taking his spot for most of the year.

I think we'll see both Bytel and Highmore getting their chances soon as natural attrition takes it's toll on injuries and with the extended season this year, and potentially finals means that we are seeing what looks like being a successful season, when you factor our injuries this year, all year. Look at how the Hawks have fallen away after a promising run of form due to losing Sicily.

Happy that JB, Zac and Cordy are picked to play today - I think it will shake things up - we have looked a bit stale since the Sydney win against the Swans.

Today notwithstanding, we have a block of four winnable games coming up, so it would be good to see us being a bit more attacking and consistent.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 06 Jul 2023 11:36am haha @ Teffers copping a rest

awwww

i do love this place

i've got a question Tef

after their demise

i'd like to think us
but not really knowing
Anecdotally, Brisbane, Richmond and us, I think.

Remember their last game was in 1996, and at the time they merged, they were playing in front of sub 10,000 people at the end there. They were good in the 80s but fell away after 1986. The Lions pull good crowds, so it is reasonable to assume that in Melbourne at least, there would be a lot of old Fitzroy supporters amongst them.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.