I tipped this.. haha

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

I tipped this.. haha

Little own trumpet blowing here from a post on the day Ratten announced sacked. hope i can tip the powerball numbers tonight as well. :D :D

Post by older saint » Fri 14 Oct 2022 1:42pm
To St Kilda supporters Ross Lyon is like Dan to Victorians either love him or hate him nothing in between.

He has been mentioned and joining the dots it makes sense :
- Wouldn't sack Ratten like this without a plan in place;
- Lyon said he didn't want to go through a process again;
- Most if not all people are gone from management from when he was there;
- Lenny had returned.

The question is though to those who were personally hurt when he left can you/ will you move on if this does happen?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: I tipped this.. haha

older saint wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 10:17am The question is though to those who were personally hurt when he left can you/ will you move on if this does happen?
Can't see how anyone on this site would have been personally hurt by a coach leaving.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Can you tip when the Press Conference will be ?

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 10:17am Little own trumpet blowing here from a post on the day Ratten announced sacked. hope i can tip the powerball numbers tonight as well. :D :D

Post by older saint » Fri 14 Oct 2022 1:42pm
To St Kilda supporters Ross Lyon is like Dan to Victorians either love him or hate him nothing in between.

He has been mentioned and joining the dots it makes sense :
- Wouldn't sack Ratten like this without a plan in place;
- Lyon said he didn't want to go through a process again;
- Most if not all people are gone from management from when he was there;
- Lenny had returned.

The question is though to those who were personally hurt when he left can you/ will you move on if this does happen?
My hurt dates from previous to the tosser flosser leaving.

It goes back to when he "forgot" to play Ball in the 4th quarter of the 2009 grannie thereby probably costing us a flag.

Something I will never get over or as you say move on from.

older saint
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 10:40am Can you tip when the Press Conference will be ?
Tomorrow would probably be the ideal hope for them - clean air going into the weekend from a media perspective

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

older saint wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 12:33pm
bobmurray wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 10:40am Can you tip when the Press Conference will be ?
Tomorrow would probably be the ideal hope for them - clean air going into the weekend from a media perspective
I wonder whether the club might hold off until Monday or Tuesday.
Tomorrow seems too soon after having publicly stated they had nobody in mind and were starting a search, in earnest.
Doing it tomorrow tells us Ross was in the gun before the sacking.

You know, they could bring Yze or Buckley in for a meeting and prewarn Tom Browne, just for a bit of theatre.

They players don't start until 22 Nov or something- now they have him, they could sit tight and be quiet

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 1:00pm
older saint wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 12:33pm
I wonder whether the club might hold off until Monday or Tuesday.
Tomorrow seems too soon after having publicly stated they had nobody in mind and were starting a search, in earnest.
Doing it tomorrow tells us Ross was in the gun before the sacking.

You know, they could bring Yze or Buckley in for a meeting and prewarn Tom Browne, just for a bit of theatre.

They players don't start until 22 Nov or something- now they have him, they could sit tight and be quiet
I heard somewhere that you should never start anything on a Friday. Maybe best to wait until Monday or Tuesday as you say.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Sanctorum
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 20 Oct 2022 11:08am

It goes back to when he "forgot" to play Ball in the 4th quarter of the 2009 grannie thereby probably costing us a flag.

That was how I felt too at the time Saynta, I vividly recall going to the wake the next day at Docklands and my wife, who is normally only mildly interested in the Saints just to humour me, pulled a hanky out and started to cry when the players came on stage, it was a really emotional time.

But then Lyon got the team back into the granny in 2010 and all was forgiven, only to miss out by a crazy bounce of the ball...how different we would all feel about Lyon if Milne had done what he normally did so well - when a pie player was in hot pursuit of Stevie Milne as the ball bounced towards the goals he would normally very deftly let the player tackle him from behind and milk a free and get a shot at goal from 15 meters out....

That's all history now, our team has been really mediocre in the past 11 years and going nowhere fast...as I've explained elsewhere on this forum I'm not one who carries a grudge or "maintains the rage", so will put any negative feelings about Ross Lyon aside and back whatever Bassat and the board decide, what other choice do we have???

I have total faith that Geoff Walsh will take care of everyone in the football department and believe we'll see a hell of a lot of improvement next year!

"Where there is no hope, it is incumbent on us to invent it.."

Albert Camus (1913-1960) French philospher
Killa
Club Player

The media try to build narratives, based on ego and self interest.

So consume with caution, on any subject.

The narrative of Andrews being divisive is because the rusted on Liberal Party demographic, numbering 25% or less, hate any Labor Leader, and more particularly a successful one.

So they engineer a narrative.

And persist with it (supported by media with its ownership's and Boards) .

Ditto the narrative they resort to in regards St Kilda FC.

The same with the narrative for Ben Cousins or Nick Kyrgios and the list goes on and on and on.

This is the staple diet of media because they presume they are relevant in the wider society

The President of St Kilda FC has the business profile he has, so successful.

And do you think he would be heading up a Board he has limited regard for?

So, by extension the Board also is most competent, educated thru success in their wider lives.

I understand there were external pressures bought on the Board noting the media comments attributed to such as Riewoldt and Thomas and as a result of the finish to the 2022 season.

And you could now speculate that those who bought pressure to bear were in conversation with Lyon throughout, and had courted Lyon as outside parties with influence at St Kilda FC.

So they were not only the catalyst - they were the bridge.

The narrative that St Kilda required a Coach with a "harder edge" than the player friendly Rattan.

To drive the improvement in a lop-sided List, a List where that lop-sided assessment meant injuries and unavailability placed pressures on on-field performance as 2022 evolved.

And here we are today.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 21 Oct 2022 10:43am

That was how I felt too at the time Saynta, I vividly recall going to the wake the next day at Docklands and my wife, who is normally only mildly interested in the Saints just to humour me, pulled a hanky out and started to cry when the players came on stage, it was a really emotional time.

But then Lyon got the team back into the granny in 2010 and all was forgiven, only to miss out by a crazy bounce of the ball...how different we would all feel about Lyon if Milne had done what he normally did so well - when a pie player was in hot pursuit of Stevie Milne as the ball bounced towards the goals he would normally very deftly let the player tackle him from behind and milk a free and get a shot at goal from 15 meters out....

That's all history now, our team has been really mediocre in the past 11 years and going nowhere fast...as I've explained elsewhere on this forum I'm not one who carries a grudge or "maintains the rage", so will put any negative feelings about Ross Lyon aside and back whatever Bassat and the board decide, what other choice do we have???

I have total faith that Geoff Walsh will take care of everyone in the football department and believe we'll see a hell of a lot of improvement next year!
My family and I also atteneded that wake and I still vividly remember an extremely sad Max sitting in front of the group with a tear in his eye and felt so sorry for him. I also remember an angry looking former captain in Luke Ball.

I was not surprised when both he and Ball were seduced to swap to the filth the next year taking our IP with them.

I will go to my grave believing that Tosser Lyin has already cost us two premiership cups.

I also remember the turd throwing a match against the swans in sydney before walking out on the club.

Forgive and forget. No f****** way.

D.B.Cooper
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Sat 22 Oct 2022 1:48pm

My family and I also atteneded that wake and I still vividly remember an extremely sad Max sitting in front of the group with a tear in his eye and felt so sorry for him. I also remember an angry looking former captain in Luke Ball.

I was not surprised when both he and Ball were seduced to swap to the filth the next year taking our IP with them.

I will go to my grave believing that Tosser Lyin has already cost us two premiership cups.

I also remember the turd throwing a match against the swans in sydney before walking out on the club.

If Ross was such a crap coach & a tosser, why would taking our IP be if any importance or be worth anything?

Surely the filth didn’t need it, it’s not like Malthouse used the forward press & pressure that was developed by Lyon in 09 in 2010 with any great effect 😉

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 22 Oct 2022 2:19pm
saynta wrote: Sat 22 Oct 2022 1:48pm

If Ross was such a crap coach & a tosser, why would taking our IP be if any importance or be worth anything?

Surely the filth didn’t need it, it’s not like Malthouse used the forward press & pressure that was developed by Lyon in 09 in 2010 with any great effect 😉
You are joking aren't you?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Fri 21 Oct 2022 11:42am The media try to build narratives, based on ego and self interest.

So consume with caution, on any subject.

The narrative of Andrews being divisive is because the rusted on Liberal Party demographic, numbering 25% or less, hate any Labor Leader, and more particularly a successful one.

So they engineer a narrative.

And persist with it (supported by media with its ownership's and Boards) .

Ditto the narrative they resort to in regards St Kilda FC.

The same with the narrative for Ben Cousins or Nick Kyrgios and the list goes on and on and on.

This is the staple diet of media because they presume they are relevant in the wider society

The President of St Kilda FC has the business profile he has, so successful.

And do you think he would be heading up a Board he has limited regard for?

So, by extension the Board also is most competent, educated thru success in their wider lives.

I understand there were external pressures bought on the Board noting the media comments attributed to such as Riewoldt and Thomas and as a result of the finish to the 2022 season.

And you could now speculate that those who bought pressure to bear were in conversation with Lyon throughout, and had courted Lyon as outside parties with influence at St Kilda FC.

So they were not only the catalyst - they were the bridge.

The narrative that St Kilda required a Coach with a "harder edge" than the player friendly Rattan.

To drive the improvement in a lop-sided List, a List where that lop-sided assessment meant injuries and unavailability placed pressures on on-field performance as 2022 evolved.

And here we are today.
What are you smoking???
Dan Andrew’s creates the narrative and when he gets called out in it he quickly calls a review…
Take a look at hotel quarantine fiasco - $25m spent on a review “he couldn’t possibly talk about” only for no findings?????? WTF? Waste of tax dollars ….
Fraud.

“Yeah….nah””