Jarryn Geary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Jarryn Geary

I noticed Gears sitting beside Joel Selwood’s wife and with the Selwood family at the Grand Final. Geary has always since a kid been Selwood’s best mate.

I wonder if Gears might surface somewhere as an assistant coach next season, possibly with Geelong?
I hope Saints don’t lose his services. The last number 14 from the Saints to be an assistant coach and then a coach for the Saints was Allan Jeans!!!!

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jarryn Geary

loris wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022 7:00pm I noticed Gears sitting beside Joel Selwood’s wife and with the Selwood family at the Grand Final. Geary has always since a kid been Selwood’s best mate.

I wonder if Gears might surface somewhere as an assistant coach next season, possibly with Geelong?
I hope Saints don’t lose his services. The last number 14 from the Saints to be an assistant coach and then a coach for the Saints was Allan Jeans!!!!
I'm with you Loris if he can pass on some of his loyalty & courage traits to our up & coming we will be a better team for it :wink:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

LOL - Gears, Smellwood and Dawkins all grew up in Bendigo together, didn't they - may 2022 be remembered for them all retiring together.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintkid
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022 7:38pm LOL - Gears, Smellwood and Dawkins all grew up in Bendigo together, didn't they - may 2022 be remembered for them all retiring together.
Selwood and Hawkins are great players. I doubt your wish will come true in them both joining Geary in retirement and not going around in 2023.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

saintkid wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022 7:53pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022 7:38pm LOL - Gears, Smellwood and Dawkins all grew up in Bendigo together, didn't they - may 2022 be remembered for them all retiring together.
Selwood and Hawkins are great players. I doubt your wish will come true in them both joining Geary in retirement and not going around in 2023.
I thought Hawkins has already committed to another year already

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hawkins and Selwood deserve to play another year.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022 7:53pm
LOL - you got it - Wishful thinking - or thoughtful wishing

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

What a contrast in careers. Selwood has 4 premiership medals and has played in 40 finals.

Gears has played in only 3 finals and experienced only one win in an EF in 2020 (he was captain of the team for a few years leading up to that moment so that’s something I guess)

Selwood has a decorated career, broken all sorts of records as a player and as a captain and has just won the ultimate prize in what could end up being his last year

Our guy Gears the battler ends up limping home to retirement and couldn’t make it onto the park to play even 1 solitary game in his last year

:cry: :cry:

saintkid
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 24 Sep 2022 8:56pm What a contrast in careers. Selwood has 4 premiership medals and has played in 40 finals.

Gears has played in only 3 finals and experienced only one win in an EF in 2020 (he was captain of the team for a few years leading up to that moment so that’s something I guess)

Selwood has a decorated career, broken all sorts of records as a player and as a captain and has just won the ultimate prize in what could end up being his last year

Our guy Gears the battler ends up limping home to retirement and couldn’t make it onto the park to play even 1 solitary game in his last year

:cry: :cry:
So true Scollop. One will go down in footy history remembered by everyone and one unfortunately won't, only by his club's supporters.