Did anyone see what Eddie said on CH 9 News tonight?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Did anyone see what Eddie said on CH 9 News tonight?

amusingname wrote: Thu 16 Jun 2022 10:47am

Eddie has a bit too much time on his hands yet somehow still seems to be overlooking basic common sense.
Never had any to begin with imhfo.

Pity plugger missed with the crutch he threw at the fat f***'s head all those years ago.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

On the Tassie question, do we really want a 19th team? We’ll end up with one in Darwin as well and they’ll keep adding franchises like it’s McDonalds.

Problem is that every time you add one, it lessens St Kilda’s chances of winning a premiership … all things being equal.

Personally, I think Tassie should have a team. But I also think 18 clubs is more than enough already. I’d give them the Gold Coast Suns franchise in a heartbeat, but that won’t happen.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Thu 16 Jun 2022 12:10pm On the Tassie question, do we really want a 19th team? We’ll end up with one in Darwin as well and they’ll keep adding franchises like it’s McDonalds.

Problem is that every time you add one, it lessens St Kilda’s chances of winning a premiership … all things being equal.

Personally, I think Tassie should have a team. But I also think 18 clubs is more than enough already. I’d give them the Gold Coast Suns franchise in a heartbeat, but that won’t happen.
18 is more than enough AFAIC.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood should play 11 games in Tassie, as they are the biggest crowd puller and would do more for promoting the game than putting Saints or Norf down there as modest crowd pullers.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Thu 16 Jun 2022 12:15pm Collingwood should play 11 games in Tassie, as they are the biggest crowd puller and would do more for promoting the game than putting Saints or Norf down there as modest crowd pullers.
Why not the sth pole? The further away the better for those arseholes.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

18 is too many. Need to relocate/merge/remove at least 2 melbourne clubs. And need one in tassie.
Could be one club voluntarily relocates, another endures a fitzroy style 'merger'. I know which I'd prefer.
Even if we stay at 18 clubs an original tassie team would require a merge.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
older saint
SS Life Member

Sure Syd, GWS, WC, Freo, Bris, CG, Adel, Port will all happily not play north at home again....
Really Eddie

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Thu 16 Jun 2022 1:45pm 18 is too many. Need to relocate/merge/remove at least 2 melbourne clubs. And need one in tassie.
Could be one club voluntarily relocates, another endures a fitzroy style 'merger'. I know which I'd prefer.
Even if we stay at 18 clubs an original tassie team would require a merge.
18 is not too many in Australia.
10 is probably too many in Melbourne.
North is the obvious target to go/move as their supporter base is lower than the other teams. North has always struggled to draw a crowd...Even at the height of their powers in the 90's, success didn't translate into members and crowds.
However, the AFL will not allow teams to disappear. Gone is the Ross Oakley and Wayne Jackson style of thinking.

The AFL want to expand their product, not reduce it. More teams, more games, and more TV money. This leads to more kids interested, more players, and a better product. None of this is short term. They want to sow seeds now and reap the rewards in the decades to come.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

I agree that's the afl's current thinking altho if not already they may soon start to realise they're delivering an inferior product. The next tv deals and crowds over the next few years may make them rethink their product. Eg. Losing north and gaining a tassie team is likely a win on all fronts. Less melbourne teams after a generation will likely result in larger crowds for those that remain and a better distributed comp and more leeway to expand if needed.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Rules is the Coca Cola of football.
The AFL know it's the best product on the market by miles. Their job is not to follow Coke by introducing a "New Coke" equivalent, but to distribute the game to as many people and markets as possible.
The AFL can take a hit by slightly diluting the game temporarily and still have a better product than the NRL and A-League. The talent pool will get better as clubs utilise their NGA zones.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

The best thing for the AFL is for a Victorian team to fully relocate to Tasmania. I don't give 2 hoots who that team is as long as it is not St Kilda.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Thu 16 Jun 2022 7:57pm The best thing for the AFL is for a Victorian team to fully relocate to Tasmania. I don't give 2 hoots who that team is as long as it is not St Kilda.
I think the AFL should nominate Collingwood to relocate to Tassie, then we could watch Eddie's head explode on Footy Classified, that'd be a ratings bonanza
for channel 9. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SunnyErnie
Club Player

We should take up the offer of playing 11 home games in Tassie and 11 home games in Melbourne. Get all the perks ie. $20mill upfront payment, draft pick concessions, Tasmanian academy etc and when we win the flag in 5 years time reneg on the agreement and come back to Victoria full time.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
asiu
Saintsational Legend

aren't we in the Premiership winning business any longer ?

we'd still be the Sainters
... with 2 Crests , 2 Home grounds , a shipload of Members
+ awash with cash and cattle for the first time in our journeyman like history

hopefully our well practiced frugality/effups of history
keeps us grounded n humble
as we start taking what is Ours to take

we'd be bigger than Collingwood

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

at the very least
we'd have more teeth

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Eddie is irrelevant
Seriously a joke at the end st Pies he became their newest red faced MCalistair
Clown

“Yeah….nah””
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I am compelled to report that my contacts revealed to me that Eddie is posting as Ernie.

There are still some Japanese sailors holding out on islets near of King Island after WW2, and with my excellent Japanese skills now avail me to pass on the truth. Ernie is actually Eddie.!!!

Now then…
A tad serious

Womens football is now a big story and with 20 teams across the country- yes, including the NT, AND with the varying for geography of Australia (even Cairns) being part of the story, it is an enticing and exciting cocktail of the future. I am excited to see 20 teams. I honestly think Tassie should have two teams and none on the Gold Coast and one in Sydney - because that reflects our culture, and respects Rugby League culture, but no doubt the rationalist bean counter did t GAF about lil ol me.

St Kilda almost moved to the JO and. Eddie played his hand to stop it …but I love Moorabbin too so.. finger crossed St Kilda survives.

But place and language count.

I do t like Saints fans moving interstate and saying they don’t give a f about names and place!

St Kilda has a story. We are embroiled - unfortunately perhaps - in this story.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!