Coaches Votes Round 7 v Port

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Coaches Votes Round 7 v Port

9 Ryan Burton (PORT)
6 Sebastian Ross (STK)
6 Jack Steele (STK)
3 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
3 Robbie Gray (PORT)
3 Dan Houston (PORT)

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Coaches Votes Round 7 v Port

I would have Aliir Aliir higher than Ross n Steele.
But that's me

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Coaches don't listen to the same crap we have to put up with from the Channel 7 commentators and they vote accordingly.

Burton 5+4
Sebby 5+1
Steele 4+2
Aliir 3
Gray 3
Houston 2+1

Obviously, there could be other scenarios for vote tally, but I reckon Ross received 5 from one coach and only 1 vote from the other coach. Or did he only get 4+2 which means he wasn't best on in either coaches view (??? Hmmmm...) One of the coaches is going to get a lecture... or at least a stern talking to from saynta and B.M. :wink:

Sometimes you'll have a player who is a standout all game and hurts the opposition like Lachie Neale or Patrick Cripps did in their games, but Ross was not the dominant player as Matty Richardson and Hamish Mclachlan were alluding to during the tv broadcast.

That doesn't mean he wasn't one of our best players and he'll still probably get the 5 votes from the experts for the prestigious Eastern Saintsational player of the year award :mrgreen:

takeaway
Club Player

I wonder who actually does the coaches votes? Can't see the head coaches becoming too involved. Probably rostered around amongst the asst coaches or even the stats staff.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I thought Steele went missing in the third when PA mids got on top and we effectively lost our advantage- not sure I would give him more than a vote. Seb was probably our most consistent.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 1:29am Coaches don't listen to the same crap we have to put up with from the Channel 7 commentators and they vote accordingly.

Burton 5+4
Sebby 5+1
Steele 4+2
Aliir 3
Gray 3
Houston 2+1

Obviously, there could be other scenarios for vote tally, but I reckon Ross received 5 from one coach and only 1 vote from the other coach. Or did he only get 4+2 which means he wasn't best on in either coaches view (??? Hmmmm...) One of the coaches is going to get a lecture... or at least a stern talking to from saynta and B.M. :wink:

No he won't. Couldn't give a rat's half eaten arsehole what the arsehole coach from the city of serial killers thinks of Seb. I know Ratts loves him and that will do for me. 8-)

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 11:41am
Scollop wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 1:29am Coaches don't listen to the same crap we have to put up with from the Channel 7 commentators and they vote accordingly.

Burton 5+4
Sebby 5+1
Steele 4+2
Aliir 3
Gray 3
Houston 2+1

No he won't. Couldn't give a rat's half eaten arsehole what the arsehole coach from the city of serial killers thinks of Seb. I know Ratts loves him and that will do for me. 8-)
I thought Gray would have polled higher, as to me he was the match winner.
Stood up when the heat was on.
Has been a champion player for a long period.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

No surprise the players Burton, Allir Allir, Houston that Ratten allowed to dominate our forwards get the coaches votes. Allowing Allir to drop off and play lose was diabolical and Burton thrashed Higgins in the second half, again no changes. Hinkley showed the entire AFL how to shut down Higgins, by playing a taller marking defender (Burton) on him.

The more I think about that game the more pissed I am, at how badly Ratten & co coached they were very substandard! I have been a big Ratts fan but if he puts in more efforts like that this year, I will be calling for a change.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 03 May 2022 11:19pm No surprise the players Burton, Allir Allir, Houston that Ratten allowed to dominate our forwards get the coaches votes. Allowing Allir to drop off and play lose was diabolical and Burton thrashed Higgins in the second half, again no changes. Hinkley showed the entire AFL how to shut down Higgins, by playing a taller marking defender (Burton) on him.

The more I think about that game the more pissed I am, at how badly Ratten & co coached they were very substandard! I have been a big Ratts fan but if he puts in more efforts like that this year, I will be calling for a change.
It was a shocker