Trevor Barker awards deserves it's own thread.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trevor Barker awards deserves it's own thread.

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 9:00am Accidently journeyed over to BF - oops - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... 033/page-7

Half way down the page the conversation starts about Captain Jack being on the Nose Beers.

And some of you guys want Saintsational to 'relax' the rules????
Why do you post that crap over here? Defamatory garbage!

Just celebrate his achievement.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

oooooooooh

scared of some words

you people should take tism seriously

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 10:52am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 9:00am Accidently journeyed over to BF - oops - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... 033/page-7

Half way down the page the conversation starts about Captain Jack being on the Nose Beers.

I think Sainter_Dad is pointing out how ridiculous some of the posts can be on bigfooty

Conversations about how quickly someone was speaking or whether they had too many coffees had all of a sudden turned into speculation that Steele is on cocaine. Crap like that could get that site closed down or at the very least slapped with a defamation lawsuit

We have discussed ‘party boys’ here on Sainsational with regard to certain players on the Saints list, but that was only AFTER the fact that it was reported or speculated about in the mainstream media.

I heard Steele speak and it’s a well known fact that people who are nervous and not used to public speaking have a tendency to read too fast. The eyes are usually the dead give-away and Jack’s pupils looked normal. If anyone is watching the ABC mini series called ‘Newsreader’ (which I highly recommend) you’d see that most of the novices were doing exactly that - speaking too fast as if they’d just had a couple of triple shot espressos.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 11:31am
magnifisaint wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 10:52am

I think Sainter_Dad is pointing out how ridiculous some of the posts can be on bigfooty

Conversations about how quickly someone was speaking or whether they had too many coffees had all of a sudden turned into speculation that Steele is on cocaine. Crap like that could get that site closed down or at the very least slapped with a defamation lawsuit

We have discussed ‘party boys’ here on Sainsational with regard to certain players on the Saints list, but that was only AFTER the fact that it was reported or speculated about in the mainstream media.

I heard Steele speak and it’s a well known fact that people who are nervous and not used to public speaking have a tendency to read too fast. The eyes are usually the dead give-away and Jack’s pupils looked normal. If anyone is watching the ABC mini series called ‘Newsreader’ (which I highly recommend) you’d see that most of the novices were doing exactly that - speaking too fast as if they’d just had a couple of triple shot espressos.
Exactly - hence the comment about people asking Simon to relax the rules.

I thought Steele's speech only emphasized what a great leader he is and a pick the rest of the team up and drag them forward guy he is.
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 17 Sep 2021 10:20pm
For a guy who does not like the spot light - Steele showed why he is Captain Jack - he was actually tearing up in his acceptance of the award and the willing of his club mates to get US the second (and more) premiership - If Captain Jack is at the helm - our St Kilda Ship is heading in the right direction.

PS - 79 votes 1st to 2nd - more that 1/2 of the total votes of 2nd as a differential is pretty emphatic. [But then again he was almost 3 times the 2nd place getter in our little voting tally]

[And the emotion was genuine - he did not show it for the Dare Sainter of the Year or the Lenny Hayes Award - this one was the Goal]

If you look at my posts in the other thread I thought he was more overcome by a respect for the Award and a plea to win one )or more) for US!!

He is a footballer who appreciates the fact that he is paid to do something he loves and appreciates the honour it is to play for us (the fans) and the RW & B.
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 19 Sep 2021 11:55am, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

**** Duplicate ****
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 19 Sep 2021 11:55am, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I at least know Jack. A nicer young man you will never meet.

https://www.saints.com.au/video/1017929 ... 1929746001

asiu
Saintsational Legend

"our opportunities to run out in the rw+b
are limited
lets make the best of them"

that could be our Banner
every week in 22

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Hmm. I just had a read and it justified why I never look on that forum. The keyboard equivalent of swimming in a sewer. With you mouth open.

Saint supporter since '62
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Do they have a Grant Thomas thread?

happy feet
Club Player

This subject gave me pause to remember just how great Trevor Barker was, his unswerving loyalty to the club and just how very bloody sad his untimely passing was. I can’t but think our coaching succession plan died with Barks. So when you decide to go sniping at each other, have a think about Trevor Barker, and if you wan to keep going then go somewhere else. Don’t pollute this subject with garbage.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 1:38pm This subject gave me pause to remember just how great Trevor Barker was, his unswerving loyalty to the club and just how very bloody sad his untimely passing was. I can’t but think our coaching succession plan died with Barks. So when you decide to go sniping at each other, have a think about Trevor Barker, and if you wan to keep going then go somewhere else. Don’t pollute this subject with garbage.
Ummmm - where in this thread is persistent sniping - the animated discussion on the B & F is in the other thread!!

BTW - I agree on Trevor - was a beacon in a very bleak period - I have a Training T-Shirt worn by Trevor autographed by the 2000 team hanging on the wall at home - Pride of Place.

― Aristophanes