Was it the saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Was it the saints?

From the heraldsun.com.au

"SUNS LOCKED IN JEFFREY TO IMMEDIATE FOUR-YEAR DEAL

JOEL Jeffrey’s initial four-year deal at Gold Coast has warded off interest from rival clubs wowed by his eight goals straight in the VFL and impressive first season.

The son of Brisbane and St Kilda player Russell Jeffrey played four AFL games for 2.4 but looks an exceptional athletic package who can play forward and back as a 192cm marking weapon.

Clubs sniffing around Jeffrey found out he signed a four-year deal as soon as he was drafted.

He drew headlines when his manager Peter Jess signed him up for concussion testing before every season to safeguard his brain.

Jess said on Friday he was hopeful the testing regime might be taken up by entire clubs in coming seasons.

“We get a test at the start and end of every season for comparison to see if there is any change in his brain structure and his cognitive state between those two periods,” he said.

“We are trying to get it mandated for all players and we are hopeful of starting a research project with one club next year. We want every AFL and AFL player to sign up eventually.”

Jess would not confirm outside interest - believed to be from one of his father’s former clubs - but has massive hopes for Jeffrey."

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Was it the saints?

More likely Brisbane I would have thought. We have a number of those mid sized forward flankers already on the list, plus Brisbane have a history of poaching GCS players.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021 1:10pm More likely Brisbane I would have thought. We have a number of those mid sized forward flankers already on the list, plus Brisbane have a history of poaching GCS players.
We loved his dad. He tried, unsuccessfully, to get the saints to recruit more indigenous players.

bergsone
SS Life Member

His dad was a good player,who i felt we didnt see best/enough of

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021 1:18pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 10 Sep 2021 1:10pm More likely Brisbane I would have thought. We have a number of those mid sized forward flankers already on the list, plus Brisbane have a history of poaching GCS players.
We loved his dad. He tried, unsuccessfully, to get the saints to recruit more indigenous players.
His dad is a legend in Darwin footy. He coached the Palmerston Magpies to a couple of flags and basically unearthed the Davey brothers.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I believe it was Essendon sniffing about. Their List Manger & recruiters are leaving no stone unturned, thankfully everyone knows or should know they are a club hard to deal with.