Hannebery in, Ryder in, Frawley in

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Hannebery in, Ryder in, Frawley in

until the end of the season now.
The younger players like Bytel, Byrnes, Connolly, Sharman, Higgins and King, would learn a lot from playing with the old pros.

If we serve up what we served up against Carlton last night against disciplined well-drilled sides with proven systems like the Swans and Geelong, we will go down by 100 points +.

But if we inject some experience I think we are actually a show against Sydney down here, that is how inconsistent we have been.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hannebery in, Ryder in, Frawley in

If there is ANY chance Ryder’s tight achilles could lead to further injury I would put him on ice for the rest of the year.

As for Dan, get him in, what’s the worst that could happen? At least we’d get something for all that money!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

It’s a worry that probably our most influential player Ryder is going on 34.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

That's how desperate we are. Two worn out old crocks who can't get on the park and an ageing ruckman are seen as good options. Ryder clearly is a good option, but he's nearly 34.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I don’t think Steven Dank, Dr. Ageless or Shane Charter can even help the Saints

We will be officially in rebuild mode this time next year

groupie1
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 11:58am until the end of the season now.
The younger players like Bytel, Byrnes, Connolly, Sharman, Higgins and King, would learn a lot from playing with the old pros.

If we serve up what we served up against Carlton last night against disciplined well-drilled sides with proven systems like the Swans and Geelong, we will go down by 100 points +.

But if we inject some experience I think we are actually a show against Sydney down here, that is how inconsistent we have been.
What is Hannerbery's contractual situation? For some reason I thought he had to trigger next year by no. of performances this year? If that's the case, don't play him this year, and either usher him into retirement or have him on reduced $$ next year.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 8:19pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 11:58am until the end of the season now.

What is Hannerbery's contractual situation? For some reason I thought he had to trigger next year by no. of performances this year? If that's the case, don't play him this year, and either usher him into retirement or have him on reduced $$ next year.
Rest assured that even if he played every game from now on… he wouldn’t get anywhere near the trigger.

I’m woozy with the details but I think he’s contracted to the end of next year with a trigger for a 5th year that’s mathematically impossible to achieve

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Frawley?
Why??
He's finished. Play Clavarino.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Play the kids now to the end of the season although we have enough injuries to sink a ship so not sure there are any kids left to come in - but play them anyway.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We are, and have been all season, "playing the kids" through necessity. Bytel will come in this week, for example. Coffield also might come in too.

There should be a couple of experienced midielders and some small half forwards whose form this season would support them being dropped to accommodate up to at least five changes this week. We've lost three in a row so those guys can come out and play at Sandy for the rest of the season now.

But we need some experience to come back in so that the kids aren't thrown to the wolves. We risk being uncompetitive if we don't play a full back against Sydney and Geelong. We don't have our FB or CHB as it is and the midfield is not peforming for entire quarters of games, so a recognised full back who can play on the monsters is absolutely required for the next two macthes.

I don't want to lose to the Swans down here by 97 points or Geelong at Kardinia Park by 122 points thanks. I mean, that's 2014 stuff. We will go backwards doing that stuff.

Ryder must come back in if he is able to and I would play Hannebery off the bench, and Frawley on Frankiln and Hawkins in the next two weeks. The kids in the side will learn from watching how the old pros go about it.

We have lost the last three games in a row and it would not be a great look to lose our last six of the season.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 01 Aug 2021 11:30am, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 31 Jul 2021 9:38pm Frawley?
Why??
Because Clav can't play on Frankiln and Hawkins. He's not rready. It would kill his confidence. No Geary, No Carlisle, No Roberton, No Paton and no Howard now. That is a lot of experience unavailable against the two form teams of the competition. Geelong and the Swans would kick cricket scores on us without a recognised FB in the side.

Gershwin
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 01 Aug 2021 11:11am
Why??
Because Clav can't play on Frankiln and Hawkins. He's not rready. It would kill his confidence. No Geary, No Carlisle, No Roberton, No Paton and no Howard now. That is a lot of experience unavailable against the two form teams of the competition. Geelong and the Swans would kick cricket scores on us without a recognised FB in the side.
So you are not saying ‘without a good FB’ or a ‘in form FB’ or ‘a capable FB’. All you can call Frawley, is a ‘recognised’ FB - whatever that is.

summertime and the living is easy ........
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Sun 01 Aug 2021 11:29am
samuraisaint wrote: Sun 01 Aug 2021 11:11am
Why??
So you are not saying ‘without a good FB’ or a ‘in form FB’ or ‘a capable FB’. All you can call Frawley, is a ‘recognised’ FB - whatever that is.
Frawley was retired and hasn't played much this year due to the circumstances the world finds itself in, but he is somebody who has played full back for a decade and in premierships. And has a mature body against similar opponents. He played okay in the reserves yesterday although they lost badly. Given our injuries I am not suprised at that result though.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

if those 3 are the answer you are asking wrong questions!