So, where to from here?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

So, where to from here?

What’s the rest of the season look like now, and are we a good team??

At the start of the season I thought we were a real hot chance for top 4 and would hardly lose a game at Marvel.

Then the season starts.

We’ve had putrid performances against Essendon, Footscray, Richmond, Port and Crows. Some good wins against GWS, West Coast, Hawks and Lions. Some losses that should have been wins against Geelong, Swans and Crows. And some uninspiring wins against Richmond, Pies and North.

The Lions win was our best win in a long time, as stated on here already many times, and had all the hallmarks of our best from last year.

So we’re back in the finals race, with 5 of our remaining 6 games very winnable on last nights form. But now the problem with this is that with expectation (which I’d let go of months ago) comes disappointment and pain if we don’t deliver!

Will we be there in September???

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: So, where to from here?

I fear this was just the teaser to suck us back in before kicking us to the kerb again.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

If we can maintain the football we played last night for the remainder, we will give ourselves a good chance of playing finals. Even if it's just to set us up for next year it's important we finish the year off well.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Keep playing your strokes even when you're 0-40 down.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
oboe
Club Player

I also thought that we'd make top 4 this year.

Then I thought that we were simply no good - no heart, and mentally soft.

Apart from our great win, consider:

Richmond losing from being well ahead (go Harves!!!).

Gold Coast beating GWS.

I would not discount North beating West Coast tomorrow evening.

What I have learnt this Season, is that you take enough good players away from any side, they become a basket case.

I don't think that we will make the eight this year, but we are in a great position for a big tilt next year.

We've unearthed Highmore, Byrnes (he could be our Sellwood for the next ten years), and Connolly. Not to mention the resurgence of Dunstan, D Mac and Webster.

Bytel, Battle, and Lonie (not to mention Hannerbury) in the Sandy side, and now we have a bit of depth as well.

Gresham, Clark, Paton, and Coffield to come back - probably next year, and yes - we can cause some considerable damage.

A month ago, I told the club to piss off - I was so wrong. While there is life there is hope.

Maybe not this year, but hope that the players consider this year, a kick up the bum.

Next Year could be very interesting.

repta
Club Player

The difference between our best and worst is the largest I believe I have ever seen.
Unfortunately our best and worse can occur between quarters and not just games (eg our complete stopping in the Collingwood and Adelaide games).

Still have holidays booked for September (but starting to reconsider)......bank one win at a time .....