In the mix. Hungry squad to get their shot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

In the mix. Hungry squad to get their shot

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: In the mix. Hungry squad to get their shot

Robbo
Battle
Savatage

Tempted with Hindand his speed but was very disappointing in his last 3 games
I'd consider a switch of Kent for Marsh to add grunt to the forward line and play him as a very aggressive defensive forward.
I'd give him the smelling salts and get him to get right into Balta and look after young Max

Nee!
loris
Saintsational Legend

Note in that whole article........ not a mention of Dunstan, being under consideration for selection.

That makes me think, hmmmmm?

I was watching Fox Footy TV (think it was on Sunday) and there was a program with Joey Montagna on. He was speaking about the players moved on at the end of 2019 & the players the Saints recruited. He mentioned Bruce, Newnes, Acres, Longer & Dunstan (?????). At the time I thought I had heard incorrectly and it was Steven he mentioned.

Or, was it a Freudian slip on Joey’s behalf? Does he have insider knowledge that Dunstan has his papers stamped and is being moved on at season’s end?

Or, is it something less intriguing, that Dunstan has injured himself again, and I Hadn’t read a thing about it, and therefore he won’t be considered for selection?????

johnearljames
Club Player

Lots of players can step in and do well.

We are in this game Friday.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Wed 07 Oct 2020 5:48pm Robbo
Battle
Savatage

Don’t mind that, but torn on Savage or Webster.

I’m glad the club at least says it is considering Robbo/Webster/Savage despite their lack of football. It is exactly why you have a full squad in the hub. If they are not being considered they might as well have stayed in Melbourne all winter.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Wed 07 Oct 2020 5:51pm Note in that whole article........ not a mention of Dunstan, being under consideration for selection.

That makes me think, hmmmmm?

I was watching Fox Footy TV (think it was on Sunday) and there was a program with Joey Montagna on. He was speaking about the players moved on at the end of 2019 & the players the Saints recruited. He mentioned Bruce, Newnes, Acres, Longer & Dunstan (?????). At the time I thought I had heard incorrectly and it was Steven he mentioned.

Or, was it a Freudian slip on Joey’s behalf? Does he have insider knowledge that Dunstan has his papers stamped and is being moved on at season’s end?

Or, is it something less intriguing, that Dunstan has injured himself again, and I Hadn’t read a thing about it, and therefore he won’t be considered for selection?????
Dunny not joining in in training, loris

Maybe he is aware he is on the trade table and doesn't want to get injured.

sks023
Club Player

Battle
Savage
Hind, Roberton
No need for a extra midfielder

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We need Battle to be declared fit to play.

He just improves our balance so much. But I don't want him at CHB I want him to act as a follower so that Marshall can still push forward.

The Tigers are not as good against big forwards and King and Marshall will stretch them and allows Membrey to run wild.

Marshall to take virtually all the centre bounces, but to then push forward.

Down back we need an extra tall and rather than Battle I think Robbo may be the main. It could be Marshall, but Robbo is a much better footballer and reads the play better.

That leaves the Long replacement. Savage the less risky pick. Webster better defensively and plays harder, but has not had the matchplay that Savage has had. Savage has finals experience too.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....